Ultralight flight carry on luggage.

Asquith Production

17 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Ryanair does not fly from Thailand and international flights,which I want the luggage for are stricter as you can see from other forum members

Definitely use a backpack..they are lighter than the hard cases.

I don't travel with Ryanair often, but I noticed the airlines in Asia are less stricter and often not checking travellers with backpacks, as long as the backpack looks reasonably within the size limits.

I use Osprey Farpoint 40 as a cabin bag, many regard it as the gold standard, but unfortunately the price has increased a lot on the last couple of years.

• Thanks 1

Best solution is a duffel bag as carry on, and a smaller pc ounder seat bag when travelling. The ounder seat bag fits fine in the duffel bag while carrying (duffel bags can be used as back pack) and can be taken out if they going to check your weight. 

It is tons of duffel bags on the marked with quite good solution, it just depends on your budget. 

On 9/29/2024 at 9:48 AM, impulse said:

I bought mine at Decathlon Sports.  They have a great selection, a warranty, and decent pricing. 

If you want an even lower price, just about every street market and mall in Thailand has hawkers of backpacks and laptop bags.

This is my favorite for real trips, though I have some of their cheaper laptop bags and they're all good.

https://www.decathlon.co.th/en-TH/p/hiking-backpack-32l-nh-escape-500-quechua-8649351.html

Edit:  It has a separate sleeve for laptops, very convenient for getting through security.

Cool. I see they give the weight, very helpful. 1.1kg.

23 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Cheap/budget airlines like Air Asia can get quite strict with cabin luggage. 

If you are outside the permitted parameters then 'excess' baggage fees at the airport can be horrendous. 

I had an occurrence flying from Vientiane to Bkk.  We had 2 carry on bags.  Total weight 14kg so within the limit.  However one bag was 9kg with the other 5kg.  They weren't happy and wanted to charge an excess on the 9kg bag. 

Simple, we rearranged the contents so both were 7kg.  Once thru security etc we rearranged back to original packing. 

Pedantic? You betcha.  Just a money grabbing debacle that's getting more common with budget Airlines. 

Alternatively, check it in if it's seriously over, and it's free to do so. I went through with 17kg combined, large bum bag, laptop bag and suitcase. Always have a back up procedure if nabbed. Like throwaway items as a last resort.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Best solution is a duffel bag as carry on, and a smaller pc ounder seat bag when travelling. The ounder seat bag fits fine in the duffel bag while carrying (duffel bags can be used as back pack) and can be taken out if they going to check your weight. 

It is tons of duffel bags on the marked with quite good solution, it just depends on your budget. 

The old school duffle bag might work Thanks

48 minutes ago, Hummin said:

A duffel bag is cumbersome to carry on if you travel only with a cabin bag. I travelled in the past for a month or two in Asia only with a cabin backpack.

If your final destination is home anything can do, I travelled a few times with a plastic bag, can't get any lighter than this.

1 minute ago, gearbox said:

A duffel bag is cumbersome to carry on if you travel only with a cabin bag. I travelled in the past for a month or two in Asia only with a cabin backpack.

If your final destination is home anything can do, I travelled a few times with a plastic bag, can't get any lighter than this.

Duffel comes in back packs 

1kg as an example, and it can be compressed so it fits any required size

https://dbjourney.com/products/roamer-duffel-60l-black-out