What time do you get up at?

Flyguy330

20 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

OK, point taken. What do you do between 2,30am and 6 am which I cannot do. Watch telly, online friends?

OK, I am UK based so I sometimes wake up to watch Footie at 2.30, but plenty of kip after.

wake 2.30

do a piss.

scratch balls.

make coffee.

drink coffee.

Throw a leg over the missus if she's responsive

Do a few km on the pushbike around the village.

Shower

make coffee.

drink coffee.

join 5am work meeting.

6am drive to office.

In between all that browse social media/forums.

• Thumbs Up 1

The wife is up at 5am, cooking food for the monks, they get to us at about 6.15 am, I am up at 5.30 am, we have a smallholding rearing few cattle, they what feeding, then a of tea, then when the wife is done, we are out cutting fed for the cattle, nonmale done by 7.30 am, then breakfast.

For some years milked a head of cows in the UK, started milking at 6 am, so use to an early start.

On 9/30/2024 at 3:04 PM, Flyguy330 said:

I worked my whole life in a 24/7/365 industry. I had a variable roster. One day I'd be working all night. A day or two later I'd be working all day. Constant shift changes, with crack of dawn starts, followed by middle of the night starts. All over the clock.

Now I'm retired and my greatest luxury is - a lie in. More than that is the freedom to set my own bedtime/wake up routine.

I've settled into one where I normally hit the sack around midnight and tend to read for an hour before sleep hits me on the head.

I wake most days at 0830, bit nap until 0930. I then catch up with the news of the day on my iPad until I roll out of bed for breakfast around 1000-1030.

I've been known to lay reading until 1100.

Like I said, this to me is luxury after decades of sleep disruption and deprivation.

The only drawback is that my days seem to fly by too fast. I sometimes wish I was more of a 'morning person' and was naturally waking (and rested) at 0700. I could probably get more done in the day.

But, I am what I am.

How about you? What's your routine?

I am a night owl never go to bed before 2 or 3 am but since I retired now  can sleep in  till lunch time

• Confused 1