Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

KhunLA

What a load of crap anyone that launches Missiles into Shopping centers, hospitals, deliberately targeting civilians in apartment blocks infrastructure needs to be stopped at all costs, and before the bleaters come online saying Israel is doing the same as Putin like it or not there targeting areas Hamas are firing Rockets from, civilian areas using there own people as human shields stock piling weapons under hospitals and Mosques and finally the hundred so hostages that remain. They are already dead or will be killed once there use is not needed.   

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

No your later father didn't stand up to Hitler, it was the Russians that stood up to Hitler and stopped him.

The inference being that no one but Russia opposed Nazi Germany? If so, that is an insult to all those non-Russians who fought for the allies during WW2.

And no, I am not trying to downplay the contribution and sacrifice made by the Russian people in WW2; I'll willingly acknowledge that. I am pointing out the indisputable fact that others played their full part as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

The inference being that no one but Russia opposed Nazi Germany? If so, that is an insult to all those non-Russians who fought for the allies during WW2.

And no, I am not trying to downplay the contribution and sacrifice made by the Russian people in WW2; I'll willingly acknowledge that. I am pointing out the indisputable fact that others played their full part as well.

The Wehrmacht was defeated by one army, and one army alone. The Russian Army.

Without his granddad Russia would still have defeated the Wehrmacht. Without the Russian army his granddad and him would now be speaking German.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

you don't deserve an answer im not playing your games Cameroni.

Up to you.

What game though? I am completely serious. Without your granddad the Russian army would still have defeated the Wehrmacht. Your granddad played a bit part. The Russian army played the central role.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

The Wehrmacht was defeated by one army, and one army alone. The Russian Army.

Without his granddad Russia would still have defeated the Wehrmacht. Without the Russian army his granddad and him would now be speaking German.

Absolutely and utter nonsense and an insult to many brave men and women.

Unlike you, I won't downplay the contribution by any of those brave individuals who fought against Nazism irrespective of their nationality, I'll merely ask where was the Russian army in 1939 - 41? Rhetorical question: Answer is they were in cahoots with the Wehrmacht and were busy carving up Poland. 

Russia's role in the fight against Nazism from mid-1941 onwards should not be under-estimated or forgotten, but then neither should her previous collusion with the Nazis.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RayC said:

Absolutely and utter nonsense and an insult to many brave men and women.

Unlike you, I won't downplay the contribution by any of those brave individuals who fought against Nazism irrespective of their nationality, I'll merely ask where was the Russian army in 1939 - 41? Rhetorical question: Answer is they were in cahoots with the Wehrmacht and were busy carving up Poland. 

Russia's role in the fight against Nazism from mid-1941 onwards should not be under-estimated or forgotten, but then neither should her previous collusion with the Nazis.

Anyone who claims any army other than the Russian army defeated the Wehrmacht is talking utter and absolute nonsense.

That's not an "insult" to anyone, that is just stating realistic facts.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Anyone who claims any army other than the Russian army defeated the Wehrmacht is talking utter and absolute nonsense.

That's not an "insult" to anyone, that is just stating realistic facts.

It is an insult to all those who fell or suffered at the hands of the Nazis. Their nationality is irrelevant.

As usual, you completely ignore pertinent facts. The UK and Commonwealth forces  stood alone (as nations) against Nazi Germany in 1940/41. If the UK had been defeated during this period, things may well have turned out a lot differently for Russia.

Not that I expect you to acknowledge that possibility.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RayC said:

It is an insult to all those who fell or suffered at the hands of the Nazis. Their nationality is irrelevant.

As usual, you completely ignore pertinent facts. The UK and Commonwealth forces  stood alone (as nations) against Nazi Germany in 1940/41. If the UK had been defeated during this period, things may well have turned out a lot differently for Russia.

Not that I expect you to acknowledge that possibility.

No it's not. The UK could have been playing cricket during the whole war and it would have ended the same, with the Russian army defeating the Wehrmacht.

Had the UK fallen it would have been irrelevant, since the Soviets massively outstripped the Wehrmacht in tanks, planes and materiel. The Germans just didn't know it because Fremde Heere Ost did shoddy work.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

No it's not. The UK could have been playing cricket during the whole war and it would have ended the same, with the Russian army defeating the Wehrmacht.

Had the UK fallen it would have been irrelevant, since the Soviets massively outstripped the Wehrmacht in tanks, planes and materiel. The Germans just didn't know it because Fremde Heere Ost did shoddy work.

I'll cut this branch short, as we are now going over the same ground for the umpteenth time which imo is pointless.

We have opposing opinions and l strongly suspect that whatever is said by one of us, we are not going to change the other's mind.

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

A LOT of that material came from the good ole USA, enough with the pro russia lies and misinformation.

They didn't "win" WW2

Just because you serial post lies and repeat them does not make them true

Could Russia have won WWII without the US?
Nikita Khrushchev, who led the Soviet Union from 1953 to 1964, agreed with Stalin's assessment. In his memoirs, Khrushchev described how Stalin stressed the value of Lend-Lease aid: “He stated bluntly that if the United States had not helped us, we would not have won the war.”May 2, 2023

Did the US Lend-Lease to Russia in WW2?

Lend-Lease to the Eastern Front | The National WWII Museum ...

Lend Lease to the Soviet Union. Assisting the Soviet war effort American Lend-Lease eventually transferred over $11 billion dollars of goods to Soviet Russia—roughly the equivalent of $250 billion today.Jul 29, 2024

Would the Soviet Union have lost without lend lease?
Stalin said himself that if it wasn't for lend lease, the Soviets would have lost. Khrushchev and Zhukov said the same thing about lend lease. It took a combined effort to beat the Axis powers, no one nation could do it alone.Mar 21, 2024

27 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

A LOT of that material came from the good ole USA, enough with the pro russia lies and misinformation.

They didn't "win" WW2

Just because you serial post lies and repeat them does not make them true

Could Russia have won WWII without the US?
Nikita Khrushchev, who led the Soviet Union from 1953 to 1964, agreed with Stalin's assessment. In his memoirs, Khrushchev described how Stalin stressed the value of Lend-Lease aid: “He stated bluntly that if the United States had not helped us, we would not have won the war.”May 2, 2023

Did the US Lend-Lease to Russia in WW2?

Lend-Lease to the Eastern Front | The National WWII Museum ...

Lend Lease to the Soviet Union. Assisting the Soviet war effort American Lend-Lease eventually transferred over $11 billion dollars of goods to Soviet Russia—roughly the equivalent of $250 billion today.Jul 29, 2024

Would the Soviet Union have lost without lend lease?
Stalin said himself that if it wasn't for lend lease, the Soviets would have lost. Khrushchev and Zhukov said the same thing about lend lease. It took a combined effort to beat the Axis powers, no one nation could do it alone.Mar 21, 2024

We don't need the cigar musings of Uncle Joe, we have the actual figures for Lend lease. We can just look at them.

Lend Lease gave Russia 7,000 US tanks, however by themselves the Russians produced 29,569 combat vehicles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_combat_vehicle_production_during_World_War_II

The Russians no more needed US Lend Lease than they needed Barra's granddad.

They would have won the war against the Wehrmacht anyway.