Outside water pump to uprate pressure

Jeff the Chef

Fitted a 2000ltr tank being filled from local water supply, (1/2 inch pipe).

From tank to PAYOO automatic water pump, model PAC 350W, 1inch pipe from tank to pump, then 1inch from pump to 1/2 inch pipe into house. 

2 bathrooms with toilet, sink and electric showers, 1 kitchen sink, and 3 1/2inch taps outside.

Had the above fitted by local guy who has now sadly passed 15 months ago.

The pump has now expired, burnt out motor, according to my A/C guy.

Can anyone suggest a good replacement pump for the above system? TIA.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Firstly, are you certain it's not just the pump capacitor?? Does the pump buzz and get warm or do nothing??

Changed the capacitor, had an electrician round today, does my A/C's he checked it and said motors cooked.

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Changed the capacitor, had an electrician round today, does my A/C's he checked it and said motors cooked.

It was worth a shot.

There are loads of suitable pumps around of course, sadly unless you get an identical unit you're going to need some plumbing. Could you post a photo of the existing unit, members may be able to suggest a (almost) drop-in replacement.

We have a Grundfos unit, now 13 years old, it's had a new capacitor and a replacement pressure tank. silent in operation but not cheap.

Misubishi pumps have a good reputation at the other end of the cost range without going too cheap and nasty.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

It was worth a shot.

There are loads of suitable pumps around of course, sadly unless you get an identical unit you're going to need some plumbing. Could you post a photo of the existing unit, members may be able to suggest a (almost) drop-in replacement.

We have a Grundfos unit, now 13 years old, it's had a new capacitor and a replacement pressure tank. silent in operation but not cheap.

Misubishi pumps have a good reputation at the other end of the cost range without going too cheap and nasty.

Thanks very much for the reply.

The project was completed 15 months ago on the cheap, using existing pipework as much as possible, it is all 1/2inch, the pump was 1650baht off Lazada only gtd 6 months so on a cost to get it all working I was quite pleased but now I think it is time to do it properly.

The 2k water tank is fine, the positioning is fine for an electrical point so my plan is to replace all the pipework to 1 inch from pump to T into the 1/2 inch pipe into the Bungalow, roughly 12 mts, from seeing some of your diagrams/plans in other threads I notice there were no non-return valves fitted so those will be fitted, do you think a 200w  Hitachi XX series constant pressure will be ok? There are 3 points into the house 2 bathrooms and a kitchen, I have a hosepipe point for the garage which will be at one end of the 1 inch pipe, the other 3 outdoor hose outlets are on the mains system before the water tank inlet, so not bothered about pressure there.

Looking at I believe your diagram, (many thanks), I had no non-returns fitted and it was all a bit Heath Robertson, using old shutoff valves, this will all be brought up to spec.

1 question, the house supply line would it be ok to T piece it and go left to the kitchen and carport and the right side to the 2 bathroom inlets? or should it be on a ring?

IMG_3168.jpeg.dee68466a76b17f9c7c62107792cddb2.jpeg