Is Thailand Value for money

Celsius

13 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Anyone who starts their post with the words "Sugar alcohols aren't bad if you........."  immediately losers any credibility.

Anyone who feels compelled to announce to the world "this has been my life for 50 plus years..." immediately loses any credibility.

You missed where I wrote if you limit their use. You'd be surprised what sugar alcohols are actually in . And why would anyone who has experience in something for 50 years lose credibility? On the contrary, that's what makes a person credible. Experience, and not opinions gained from fly by nights online. Researching is a tad different than bar tool philosophy.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Blah blah.....

Why have sugar alcohol AT ALL?

I haven't assumed anything. I've simply commented on what you actually wrote. Which was purely nonsense.

NY style pizza, shrimp scampi etc and claiming it is healthy. Idiocy IMHO.

You keep saying it's nonsense and that's only your opinion, and it doesn't disprove anything because you aren't a credible person from what you've said. You keep trying to disprove what I'm saying but failed to, only offering up, "it's nonsense". I have been doing this all my life, and know the health value of food. You saying pizza, burgers and scampi etc aren't healthy shows just how little you do know . They CAN be healthy if prepared healthy, just as healthy food can be made un healthy by adding certain things. Research more, go less by others opinions. Simple. I've eaten things with sugar alcohols a long time, limited of course, and they haven't caused me any trouble whatsoever. BP 115/54. resting pulse 58, blood sugar 88, cholesterol below 5.o  body fat under 10% now, from age 17-62 3-6%. If you care to read,...............https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/sugar-alcohols-good-or-bad#types

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You keep saying it's nonsense and that's only your opinion, and it doesn't disprove anything because you aren't a credible person from what you've said. You keep trying to disprove what I'm saying but failed to, only offering up, "it's nonsense". I have been doing this all my life, and know the health value of food. You saying pizza, burgers and scampi etc aren't healthy shows just how little you do know . They CAN be healthy if prepared healthy, just as healthy food can be made un healthy by adding certain things. Research more, go less by others opinions. Simple. I've eaten things with sugar alcohols a long time, limited of course, and they haven't caused me any trouble whatsoever. BP 115/54. resting pulse 58, blood sugar 88, cholesterol below 5.o  body fat under 10% now, from age 17-62 3-6%. If you care to read,...............https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/sugar-alcohols-good-or-bad#types

Why do you ramble on, trying to defend the indefensible? What is the health reason to add Erythritol to cereal?

Eat whatever crap that you want to eat. Just don't try to shove it down other people's throats. It's crap.

I stopped eating breaded scampi when I was still a teenager. Ditto anything resembling an American pizza.

In fact I don't think there is even a single product in my food cupboards from the USA. I did buy Bertolli EVOO once. Not great. 

I'm happy that you are happy with your condition. But your ideas about what is healthy are just weird. NY Pizza 🤣

You don't seem to be able to take a hint do you? If you can continue with reference to "value for money in Thailand" then fine. But it really seems to be all about your ego. No one believes NY Pizza and cheese burgers are healthy foods.  Just you.

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I never write nonsense, You obviously know nothing about nutrition, and may never have ever read much on it. I have daily for 50 plus years, and staying healthy and strong all my life has proven it. I have given diet advice to thousands while training and working out, and they all benefited from it. That comes from a person that does his homework, and not one who assumes , thinking they know nutrition from reading a few articles from others opinions. You have to put in the time to know any particular subject. Not skim.

....and do please take your own advice about assuming what other people know. You are clearly an obsessive.

19 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Why do you ramble on, trying to defend the indefensible? What is the health reason to add Erythritol to cereal?

Eat whatever crap that you want to eat. Just don't try to shove it down other people's throats. It's crap.

I stopped eating breaded scampi when I was still a teenager. Ditto anything resembling an American pizza.

In fact I don't think there is even a single product in my food cupboards from the USA. I did buy Bertolli EVOO once. Not great. 

I'm happy that you are happy with your condition. But your ideas about what is healthy are just weird. NY Pizza 🤣

You don't seem to be able to take a hint do you? If you can continue with reference to "value for money in Thailand" then fine. But it really seems to be all about your ego. No one believes NY Pizza and cheese burgers are healthy foods.  Just you.

Did I say Erythritol was okay? No, I never use it. I do use Splenda and Equal, limited. I don't eat "crap", and if pizza, burgers, scampi and lasagne, cooked healthy style, are crap to you, you know absolutely nothing about good nutrition. What I say might be weird to you, but that's because you don't understand nutrition like i do, and perhaps go by what a few of your friends have said and not researched about nutrition for 50 years like i have. "No one believes NY pizza and burgers are healthy? How many people do you actually know that know anything about nutrition? I know many, and have read countless books and articles about food for years. But I guess they are all nonsense also. There are countless articles written about the health benefits of certain foods. Do like I do. Look them up. I'm not shoving anything down anyone's throat. I just tell things as they are. it's up to people what they choose to eat. I know what's healthy, and what's not. I give advice and it's always helped. Positive feedback is a clue.Thailand does have some things that are a good value for the money, and much is a complete waste of money, especially building houses and repairing electrical supplies, and fixing roads ,  where they are years behind the west.

Edited by fredwiggy

9 minutes ago, NowNow said:

....and do please take your own advice about assuming what other people know. You are clearly an obsessive.

I could say exactly the same thing about you.................... " No one believes NY Pizza and cheese burgers are healthy foods.  Just you."  I don't obsess about anything besides music and hunting and fishing. You assume what I know, and what others think. I know what professional nutritionists have said. there's a difference.