Is Thailand Value for money

Celsius

18 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Lucky you don't use the roads.

Fortunate for you they built government hospitals.

Immigration offices are only there for foreigners, (like you).

Guessing there are no street lights where you live?

And the list goes on..................

You forgot the air you breathe 

44 minutes ago, Celsius said:

You forgot the air you breathe 

And you seem to have forgotten everything that at the moment you don't pay tax for, why not be grateful instead of whinging?

8 hours ago, gearbox said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_millionaires

Most of the wealth of these millionaires is tied to their home, illiquid asset, so the majority of these millionaires need to stay where they are, and pay "millionaires" prices for everything.

For example if 5% of these millionaires try to sell their house and move somewhere else, they may find that they are not millionaires anymore, as the house prices will plummet, as there are not enough millionaires to buy them.

I would question your first sentence but I welcome any statistics you have to back up your claim.  I know about a dozen US millionaires, half of whom I am fairly familiar with their financials, and their homes make up about half of their million in assets, not 'most'.  The other half would be stocks, 401ks, mutual funds, cars, furnishings, etc., other investments, and, in 3 or 4 cases, gold.  

One example, of those I know.   School teacher, retired, age 74.  She has the two things I mentioned in my earlier post.  1.  Greatest Generation parents.  2.  Homeowner.  She inherited money in the form of stocks from her parents in 2019.  At the time the stocks were worth about $300,000.  They are now worth $428,000.  

Like many Americans, she purchased a home during her working years, which she now owns mortgage-free.  The home has increased in value over the last 35 or 40 years and is now worth about $500,000.   She and her husband, who did pool maintenance, own 2 cars with a combined value of about $50,000.  They also own a large boat.  I have no idea of the value but I have been on it and you can sleep aboard it.  Let's say $50,000. 

I think we are over 1 million already and I haven't figured in her husband's assets--he also inherited money from Greatest Generation parents.  He and I have talked stocks and I know he also has a stock portfolio, which likely has grown, along with his wife's.   

The key takeaway from my example is how ordinary these two are.  Neither had an exotic, super high-paying job.  Neither won the lottery.  Neither, as far as I know, bought Apple at $22 a share when it went public.   Neither did anything special except lucking out with GG parents and wisely buying a home.   I think a good chunk of America's millionaires would be variations of this example.

Your second sentence makes little sense.   Millionaires in the US are scattered all over, not lumped in one place.  If 5% chose to sell at one time, the 5% would also be scattered all over, with little, if any, impact on the market.  It could be that 5% of millionaires' homes are already on the market at any given time--I'm too lazy to check as it's not worth bothering with.  

I also don't think millionaires have any more trouble selling their homes than anyone else does, should they choose to--especially with the number of millionaires growing every year--500,000 in 2019, for example.  If a home is just half of someone's million in assets, as I think it is for many, the house selling would be in the 500,000 dollar range, a normal price in many places in the US and not a bridge too far for a lot of buyers.

24 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

And you seem to have forgotten everything that at the moment you don't pay tax for, why not be grateful instead of whinging?

Another massive bootlicker.

Actually everyone in Thailand pays tax, including tourists.

It is called VAT.

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

It isn't that we think you definitely don't know anything about nutrition. Your replies show us how little you do know about certain things on nutrition, or aren't open minded enough to research beyond what someone might have told you. 60 years in the food business and 50+ in the fitness and nutrition business kinda speaks volumes. Another nonsense, rubbish, clownish link you won't read.............https://www.verywellfit.com/cheeseburger-nutrition-facts-and-healthier-swaps-4109684.

Nowhere in the linked article is it stated that cheeseburgers are healthy 😊 It just comes up with ideas to make them LESS UNHEALTHY. Removing the things that make a cheeseburger tasty in the first place.

There were none of those caveats when you recommended them as a healthy food to @thaibeachlovers

Now all of a sudden he has to make them at home with special ingredients 😊 I guess it's the same story with your other suggestions 😊 Skip the BBQ sauce on the Texas Ribs(where should he have found those anyway?)? 😊 Use an air fryer for the shrimp scampi? 😊 

It obvious that you are short of a sandwich for your picnic and that you are unable to admit that you made a mistake. You cannot find even a single reference to substantiate your claim. Only link after link that confirm exactly the opposite 😊

Anyway, only a complete retard would want a 'healthy' cheeseburger. If I have one, I want the meat to be juicy with a high quality cheese such as a Gruyère. That's the point. It's not something that you'll eat every day because it's not a health food, it's a tasty food.

That's where you went wrong, claiming they were 'healthy' foods, as opposed to 'tasty' foods. Then you might have had some agreement. Instead you just made yourself look like a crazy....again 😊

https://michaelkummer.com/is-pizza-healthy/

Take it easy man. Don't stretch the same stupid argument into another day. Admit(at least to yourself) that you might have made a mistake. It's okay, we are human. We make mistakes and learn from them.

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm thinking you can't understand that you can make your own burgers, healthy, at home, or find a few places here in Thailand that cooks them with good ingredients. Logic seems to escape you. Here's another link you won't read.............https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/can-burgers-be-healthy/

So were you suggesting to @thaibeachlovers to make everything at home.

Do you have any recommendation as to where he can obtain these foods in healthy form? 😊

I am interested. Please direct me to the places that make healthy versions of the foodstuffs you mentioned.

If you can, then maybe we can incorporate value for money in Thailand into the conversation 😊

4 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually, I do know what I write about because again, I go by facts and not opinions. Trained at a world class level? What would that be, as I'm pretty sure I was close to that in my lifts, especially those without steroids, in my weight class. And you never need 3 times the food as the rest of the normal population does, so that itself is bull, unless, you were an olympic class long distance runner, where you would more food. TRY reading the links I provided, fully, without skimming. There are plenty more, IF you bother to research. READ all the words I write without again, SKIMMING, so you can maybe understand all of it. I NEVER said I knew more than anyone else in anything. I do know quite a bit about certain topics, including narcissism, which through all of this it seems you fit the description.

Funny....I tell you about my energy supply needs during training and you try to make it about you, again. 😊

Instead of simply asking, like a normal human being, you prefer to act like you know everything 😊

I'm simply illuminating your traits. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1