Hua Hin Immigration Office - Retirement visa one year extension: Change after October 2023?

Fortean1

I did my 90-day check in on 1 October.  I saw a stack of information in Thai on one side and in English on the reverse.  The reverse had the heading "RESIDENT NOTIFICATION DOCUMENTS".  It lists House register, The National ID card, If you bought a house, the land title must be notified as well, T.M. 28/T.M. 30: If renting, fill out the T.M. 28 form. If you are the host yourself, fill out the T.M. 30 form; PASSPORT and a copy of the latest information page and arrival stamp; In the event the host submits for another person on his behalf, a power of attorney must be attached."

I fill out the forms myself, that is, the T.M. 7 and T.M. 8.  The lady in the room in back of the main HHIO building has in the past made all the copies, taken and/or attached my photos, passport pages, and I take to the main building.  This listing of RESIDENT NOTIFICATION DOCUMENTS! is new to me.

My wife is Thai and co-owner of our house as our daughter in law in Las Vegas who is Thai.  My only proof of residence for my retirement NON-B is a slip of paper inside my passport dated December 2015.  When renewing my driving license I have gotten a Proof of Residence letter.  The first one in 2015 cost me 1,000 baht and the second one in 2020 cost me 500 baht.

Has anyone encountered difficulty in getting their retirement visa extended in the past year?  I did my last one in October 2023.

Terry W. Colvin

( a few miles south of Hua Hin )...

8 minutes ago, Fortean1 said:

I did my 90-day check in on 1 October.  I saw a stack of information in Thai on one side and in English on the reverse.  The reverse had the heading "RESIDENT NOTIFICATION DOCUMENTS".  It lists House register, The National ID card, If you bought a house, the land title must be notified as well, T.M. 28/T.M. 30: If renting, fill out the T.M. 28 form. If you are the host yourself, fill out the T.M. 30 form; PASSPORT and a copy of the latest information page and arrival stamp; In the event the host submits for another person on his behalf, a power of attorney must be attached."

I fill out the forms myself, that is, the T.M. 7 and T.M. 8.  The lady in the room in back of the main HHIO building has in the past made all the copies, taken and/or attached my photos, passport pages, and I take to the main building.  This listing of RESIDENT NOTIFICATION DOCUMENTS! is new to me.

My wife is Thai and co-owner of our house as our daughter in law in Las Vegas who is Thai.  My only proof of residence for my retirement NON-B is a slip of paper inside my passport dated December 2015.  When renewing my driving license I have gotten a Proof of Residence letter.  The first one in 2015 cost me 1,000 baht and the second one in 2020 cost me 500 baht.

Has anyone encountered difficulty in getting their retirement visa extended in the past year?  I did my last one in October 2023.

Terry W. Colvin

( a few miles south of Hua Hin )...

I did my Ret non -O- extension last week, and used my yellow book (as always), and no issues.  Other paperwork was PP & Bank info (monthly deposits), and that map of course :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I did my Ret non -O- extension last week, and used my yellow book (as always), and no issues.  Other paperwork was PP & Bank info (monthly deposits), and that map of course :coffee1:

Good info.  No yellow book for me.  I might bring the house blue book and my wife's national ID card.  Yes, PP and bank info (balance at 800K plus and statement), bring passbook with me.  Oddly, no map requested in several years.  I recall once or twice map was needed since 2008.