Power of Attorney to help with NON O (married to Thai wife) renewals only

Due to increasing health issues including , inter alia , memory,eye sight and mobility I wonder if as in my home country  is it possible to give my Thai wife the power of Attorney  for extension renewal/TM 7 , TM30, 90 day reports etc

Main issues I foresee

1 Bank as account only in my main as required for non O married , will a bank accept power of attorney please? I am with SCB but can switch to Kasikorn locally if easier.

2 Non wheelchair access, parking, non disabled toilets, painful issues getting in and out of car.

3 I am happy to sit in car park and sign docs once a year at present  but they now seem to require their camera photo like at Airports.

I am sure I cannot be the sole foreigner in declining years to face these issues, there are no agents locally , I try to do everything legally and on time and have resources, but with mobility misfolding and eye issues, which can only get worse I want to make life easy for my poor wife who is always intimidated by the office.

If it is possible can anyone explain how to go about it obtaining it while still capable please.

Thank you in anticipation. 

You don't need a POA for someone to submit an extension application on your behalf if you have disabilities.

It clearly states on the bottom of the TM7 application form:

1. ผู้ขอจะต้องยื่นค าขออนุญาตด้วยตนเอง APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON

2. เว้นแต่ ผู้ป่วยหรือผู้พิการที่ไม่สามารถมายื่นด้วยตนเองได้ WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

For several years, I have submitted applications on behalf of a number of disabled expats.
For the first extensions, Immigration just needed to confirm the applicant had a disability or was handicapped.

If the extension is based on Thai spouse, then the spouse can submit the application on your behalf.

Anyone can submit the 90 day reports on your behalf.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

1 Bank as account only in my main as required for non O married , will a bank accept power of attorney please? I am with SCB but can switch to Kasikorn locally if easier.

You can complete a POA that the bank supplies, adding your spouse to the account as a co signature.
Her name will not appear on the account or any letters for Immigration.
She can then request statements and the letter for Immigration without any issues or your presence.

Edited by Liquorice

Whilst not being married, nor less abled, it would surely be a useful service that Thai Immigration offices could supply whereby they visit the applicant's home to complete document and evidence checking. Same for less abled retirees. They do occassionally, or routinely, visit visa applicants homes anyway. Can't see why they can't offer this as a service to those in need each year.

Edited by soi3eddie