Bus Owner Caught Trying to Hide Illegal Gas Cylinders After Deadly Fire

webfact

5 hours ago, it is what it is said:

still blaming the driver? :coffee1:

Of course you blame the bus driver for driving a bus that is not road worthy. The buck stops with him. He is responsible for all the people on that piece of crap.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

11 or 6  it would not have mattered, dollars for donuts the installation was substandard every time.

This bunch are not concerned about pride in their work.

Anywhere else there would be a class action filed by the parents, and they would be sued out of existence with jail time.

This is what should happen and I hope the parents do this 

4 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Of course you blame the bus driver for driving a bus that is not road worthy. The buck stops with him. He is responsible for all the people on that piece of crap.

If the driver knew then he's implicated

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It seems you have been asleep. 

The driver ran from the scene, leaving the rear door shut leaving those poor little children to perish. 

The driver's bus was illegally modified, his death trap blew, as a human being, he had an obligation to help the people on board his bus. 

The Driver tried to put the fire out, he tried to open the door, the fire took control so fast the intense heat would have made it impossible to save anyone. the bus was burning fiercely while he tried to open the door it WOULDN"T open.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cereal said:

You can add the "mechanics" caught removing extra CNG containers to the list of responsibility here. They had to have known what they were doing and why they were doing it. It was their moral, ethical, and I am sure legal, responsibility to alert the authorities. They were clearly hiding evidence of what feel free to call premeditated murder. 

Yes time for the PM to step up a notch 

10 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Doesn't matter. He is responsible whether he knew or not because it is him who makes sure his vehicle is roadworthy before allowing passengers. If he doesn't know then he shouldn't be driving. He would know what fuel the bus uses and would be inspecting every part before the trip. Of course they don't do that because TIT. Why did the front tire explode? It would be obvious to see that the front tire was in poor condition!

Edited by 300sd
  • Confused 2

48 minutes ago, khunpin said:

Yesterday I counted 207. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

You are slightly out with your calculations, not to good at maths 😂😂😂😂

Sadly, I just heard on the local radio station 13,000. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I know the correct term  is manslaughter, but honestly, I consider the actions of the bus owner and operator and all those who allowed the vehicles to operate, to be murder.

I wonder  how they  can sleep at night knowing that the deaths of all those people were  because of their actions. At some point maybe they will hear cries of the terrified children screaming in agonizing pain as they were consumed by the flames.  

This event gets more disgusting and evil with each new discovery of wrongdoing.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

11 or 6  it would not have mattered, dollars for donuts the installation was substandard every time.

This bunch are not concerned about pride in their work.

Anywhere else there would be a class action filed by the parents, and they would be sued out of existence with jail time.

I don't agree with that, time after time again it has been shown that the knowledge is not there, which means that they don't know what they are doing.

The training here is not enough, and above all the 'mai pen rai' mentality, in othere words I don't care.

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

Why would they be aware of it? 

Well, you see, simply because the MB insignia is clearly tacked to the rear of the burning bus, and other buses. Okay?

3 hours ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

In serious countries the occupation "mechanic" is reserved for someone with formal training.  The kids would have been safer shuttled on motorbikes helmetless.

Exactly, that's the coolprit here in 'LOS'

There are no professionals here because there are no training courses for them.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

IF but the driver is not a mechanic, and how would he know the extra tanks were illigal, did he know they were even there ?  unless the owner told him, which I doubt very much.

3 hours ago, animalmagic said:

I'd be surprised if the permission of MB was asked for.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. But MB are fully aware of things that go on in Thailand and other countries where their products are sold.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, neeray said:

Well, you see, simply because the MB insignia is clearly tacked to the rear of the burning bus, and other buses. Okay?

Lets hope they stop shipment of their products, or any repair parts, until Thailand comes into compliance.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

I don't agree with that, time after time again it has been shown that the knowledge is not there, which means that they don't know what they are doing.

The training here is not enough, and above all the 'mai pen rai' mentality, in othere words I don't care.

I agree and that goes for the LTO inspectors too, I have the PDF file of the UK govt. inspection list but I'm banned from uploading anything at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

The driver, just like many taxi/bus/truck drivers are mostly ex-convicts who can not find a job and will accept anything to make a living.

The driver of the bus FIRST went for a fire extinguisher and tried to open the doors before he ran away.

The owner of the bus company has money and will buy his ass out like so many other rich Thais. Although he was cought pampering with the evidences, no arrest was made. Why?

The DLT officers, like every official in Thailand, will be transferred to somewhere else and will continue their filthy businnes.

THIS IS THAILAND, NOT A NANNY STATE

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

The Driver tried to put the fire out, he tried to open the door, the fire took control so fast the intense heat would have made it impossible to save anyone. the bus was burning fiercely while he tried to open the door it WOULDN"T open.  

Oh, you are justifying his poor behaviour. 

It shows me your character, you'd be a person who would run away to. 

• Like 1

All lies, lies, lies, as the Land of Smiles, and "good" Buddhists, thais would not stoop so low as to use defective equipment, just to make more of a profit, next thing we will have people telling us there are scams, fake, almost everything, including police... no, it can't be true... tik tok creators tell us so... 555

Edited by Aussie999

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Omg, how many of these unroadworthy, potential firebombs are on Thailand's roads? 

This incident is a good start for road transport department to do an in depth vehicle inspection on all public transportation to ensure public safety. 

20 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

IF but the driver is not a mechanic, and how would he know the extra tanks were illigal, did he know they were even there ?  unless the owner told him, which I doubt very much.

The onus is on the owner and manager to implement safety regulations. Drivers are powerless . If you don’t want to drive, they just get some other drivers. Given the low level of education of Thais, I am not surprised if drivers or even owners are not aware of the 6 cylinder rule. 

4 hours ago, neeray said:

If I understand correctly, this is a Mercedes Benz chassis and drive train, but not the coach. If that is so, I'm surprised that MB would allow their decal on the locally-made coach.

A 50 year old Mercedes bus probably as many new parts as triggers brush, ( for all foreign viewers see old fools & horses for explanation)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

The onus is on the owner and manager to implement safety regulations. Drivers are powerless . If you don’t want to drive, they just get some other drivers. Given the low level of education of Thais, I am not surprised if drivers or even owners are not aware of the 6 cylinder rule. 

Which begs the question, who approved this conversion, who inspected it, and cleared it for use on Thai roads?

• Like 1