Bad iPhone connection with 4G and 5G

Max Brok

I am rather far of the closest phone tower and fiber not available on my location. During the day there are unstable connection moments and in the evening moments of 3G. Is a phone amplifier with separate antennae outside a solution? AIS advised me a MIFI with an extra SIM card but I don’t trust this because it is just a receiver as my phone. Thanks for good advice 

8 hours ago, Max Brok said:

I am rather far of the closest phone tower and fiber not available on my location. During the day there are unstable connection moments and in the evening moments of 3G. Is a phone amplifier with separate antennae outside a solution? AIS advised me a MIFI with an extra SIM card but I don’t trust this because it is just a receiver as my phone. Thanks for good advice 

What about the other networks?

How many signal strength bars on your phone?

On which LTE band are you connecting? Make sure you are in 4G Mode and then go to keypad (iPhone) enter *3001#12345#* then hit the "Dial" key.

You will enter Field Test Mode. Navigate to Serving Cell Info > Freq Band Indicator

You should be able to see which LTE band you are on (3,4,7,28)

Which iPhone?

I have IPhone 13 max pro. My strength ind goes between 1 and 3 up and down. Also the band is switching between 1,3,8 with freq. 10 an20. 5G the same if I switch on. The AIS network gives on this moment moderate strength to me with the message good receive. But I will do it again at 20:00 hr. Then I go sleep because it is Finished with streaming. Thanks