Looking for a good map (or maps) of Koh Chang

rudi49jr

The Royal Thai Survey Department used to make very good and detailed cartographic maps of Thailand, scale 1:50,000 if I’m not mistaken. And there were several bookshops in Bangkok and Chiang Mai where you could buy those maps. The website of the RTSD has been unavailable for many months, though, and I’m not sure you can still buy RTSD maps in any book shop. 
Does anyone know where/how I can get my hands on the RTSD maps of Koh Chang? I believe one map covers most of the island, and the other one covers the southernmost strip plus most of the islands south of Koh Chang.

I’m a bit of a map aficionado, to put it mildly, and I especially love good and very detailed cartographic maps. I’m thinking of spending next winter (2025/26) on Koh Chang, and having a good map of the island would be quite essential for me.

Any and all help/advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

17 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

16 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Thanks for the links. I’m aware there’s such a thing as Google Earth, and Bing has very good satellite maps as well, and I do enjoy browsing those maps. 
But I’m a bit of an old fashioned kind of guy, I just love me my paper maps, especially when I go on hikes or motor bike rides. That’s why I was asking if anyone knows where to get the RTSD maps.

Edited by rudi49jr

45 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Thanks for the links. I’m aware there’s such a thing as Google Earth, and Bing has very good satellite maps as well, and I do enjoy browsing those maps. 
But I’m a bit of an old fashioned kind of guy, I just love me my paper maps, especially when I go on hikes or motor bike rides. That’s why I was asking if anyone knows where to get the RTSD maps.

Remember not to look at the paper maps while driving, it's more dangerous than the phone. Get Google Maps lady to talk to you. So easy.

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Remember not to look at the paper maps while driving, it's more dangerous than the phone. Get Google Maps lady to talk to you. So easy.

I don’t look at maps while driving or riding. I look at a map before going on a ride or drive, and then stop when I need to look at the map again. And I really don’t like the satnav voice guiding me, I find that quite annoying.
Like I said, I’m an old fashioned kind of guy. I grew up with paper maps, learned how to read them, and learned to appreciate a good map. Call it a fetish if you will.