Car recommendations

Yodarapper

On 10/6/2024 at 8:08 AM, vinny41 said:

On the EV front suggest you look at MG ZS EV currently on sale for B599K

trips from BKK to  pattaya, rayong and Koh Chang all possible without stopping to recharge

@KhunLA is the MG ZS EV expert on these forums

Its unlikely that there will be any further price reductions on the MG ZS EV as it due to be phased out within the next 6 months

it battery config is modular made up of 6 seperate batteries

MG ZS are not EV, are still gasoline engines!

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

MG ZS are not EV, are still gasoline engines!

Really ....

What the hell am I always plugging it in for then ...  :cheesy:

image.png.07821cf2b5693916284c81a07a2d45cf.png

image.png.d80b1b4413a072229f071b2755b5eead.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, brianburi said:

Normally I would agree, but now been waiting a month for new offside mirror to replace the one that was knocked off my Revo while parked up.

Just posted an email to Roojai expressing my concerns.......

"Just posted an email to Roojai expressing my concerns..."

What does an insurance broker have to do with with the supply of Toyota spares?

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I give in, please tell me.....

Maybe as they are handling my claim and their authorised local repairers told me it would only take a few days to get a new mirror. 

No need to worry your aging bin licker mind,  its been sorted.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, KhunLA said:
49 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Non-franchised used car dealers usually do have finance options for customers.

At silly ass rates 

That's usually what happens with all used car finance deals.   Used vehicles and used vehicle buyers are considered higher risk, so higher rates that some may consider "silly ass".

24 minutes ago, brianburi said:
34 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I give in, please tell me.....

Maybe as they are handling my claim and their authorised local repairers told me it would only take a few days to get a new mirror. 

No need to worry your aging bin licker mind,  its been sorted.....

"I give in, please tell me...".

There's nothing for me to tell you, did the question mark not give you a clue that I was asking a question, not making a statement?

"...their authorised local repairers told me it would only take a few days to get a new mirror".

As I asked earlier, what good would sending an email expressing your concern to an insurance broker do to sort out that supply issue? 

"No need to worry your aging bin licker mind,  its been sorted..."

I thought that the proper insult was "window licker"? Never mind, nice try but it's never a good idea to chuck insults around, breaking forum rules.

@KhunLA can I private message you with some questions?

I am leaning towards electric but my wife isn’t sold - she worries about trips to Rayong etc and where to charge.

I also admit I like the BYD but also not sure if I would need a wall charger and how complicated that is at home?

Finally when I sell I’m not really bothered how much I get just that it sells - still early days but shouldn’t be too difficult yeah?

Just now, Yodarapper said:

I am leaning towards electric but my wife isn’t sold - she worries about trips to Rayong etc and where to charge.

I also admit I like the BYD but also not sure if I would need a wall charger and how complicated that is at home?

Finally when I sell I’m not really bothered how much I get just that it sells - still early days but shouldn’t be too difficult yeah?

I’m on my phone and not sure where the private message button is?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Yodarapper said:

You will find there will always be somone interested just for the battery pack alone as that can been used for solar power at home

prices on facebook for 2022  MG ZS EV models are currently around B460K 

Edited by vinny41
typo
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Yodarapper said:

No need to PM as easy to answer ... 

1. We've been as far south as Betong, Yala, north to CM, and east to Trat & wee bit beyond, and never a problem charging.

2.  We have a wall charging cable, provided free & installed by MG subcontractor, and we rarely use.   The granny/emergency charging cable (photo'd above) that also comes with the car is more than adequate, for most of our charging.

3.  You shouldn't have a problem selling it, though price may not be exactly what you want.   Still early to tell how that market will be the next couple years.  I suspect better than now, as their price war is keeping new prices down.   If the govt incentives expire in a couple years, then you get a very nice price.

Download this app on Google Play, (Charge Loma) maybe Apple, and will give you a ball park idea of CS (Charging Stations) country wide, or peak at this thread.   No shortage of.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Yodarapper said:

If you hover your keyboard mouse over his name, you will see his details come up on the screen, In the bottom left corner there is a message box that you should be able to send him a PM.

45 minutes ago, Yodarapper said:

The granny/emergency charging cable  is simply a method of connecting to any normal household plug so you can use it anywhere that has an a standard household plug outlet

There is also a battery warranty for up to 8 years or 180,000 kilometers, whichever comes first, so you can rest assured and worry-free.

https://www.mgcars.com/th/mg-models/new-mg-zs-ev/maintenance

I think the warranty on the rest of the car is 4 years or 120,000 KM which ever comes first maybe @KhunLA can confirmed if correct or not

As you appear to be buying your 1st car in Thailand you should be aware 1st year insurance is normally included in the price

2nd year you have to pay for yourself and cheapest is not always the best you need to look at the Capital amount for each quote that you received the Capital amount is what the insurance company will pay you in the event the car is written off 

Edited by vinny41
add

43 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I think the warranty on the rest of the car is 4 years or 120,000 KM which ever comes first maybe @KhunLA can confirmed if correct or not

I think it is 4 yrs / 120k kms now.  Was 5 yrs when we got our, then they dropped to 4, then back to 5, and now I think back to 4 yrs.

@Yodarapper

edit: thought it was 5, almost positive.  But just read promo dated Mar 2022, stating 4 yrs, although we bought ours late April, and BYD Atto3 had arrived,   So they might have up'd it to 5 yrs.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

I would suggest a new Toyota Yaris Cross, mine was delivered from the placing order in 10 days.

Toyota, possibly the most reliable, best dealer support and resale price in Thailand.

Special finance October promotion at the moment deposit under $200k and 8k per month.

โปรโมชัน - บริษัท โตโยต้า มอเตอร์ ประเทศไทย จำกัด (toyota.co.th)

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/6/2024 at 7:28 AM, Yodarapper said:

I test drove a BYD Sealion and was impressed.

i am looking for a car for the family - 2 adults and 2 small kids. Also would be nice to fit the grandparents when they visit from Europe but again this I know is not always.

we drive to school/work every day and then shopping or into Bangkok city center at weekends.

we drive to pattaya and rayong for getaways and Koh Chang etc.

can you recommend any suitable cars? Not more than a Million and I am open to electric if it’s a good option but I will want to sell it on when we leave Thailand. Will be putting down around 200K and financing the rest.

THANKS!

Is,the Sealion not big enough ? As that would be close OR the BYD M6 which is a 6 starter and both less than 1 million. I have 3 Attos but waiting list on those ..

13 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

In your antiquated biased western mindset, you equate cheap with poor quality. You obviously have no idea about matters such as economies of scale, supply chains, logistics, automation etc.

Whilst Japanese made vehicles are very reliable (except when the wheels fall off), they are, dollar for dollar, an inferior product compared to what’s being produced by China nowadays.

Interesting comment... 

What about service centres ??  - one of the reasons I'm not chosing a Telsa-Y is becasue there is no 'specific service centre' theoretically, they come to you...

... So, I know thats not a position I want to be in...  I just don't trust the 'system' to be as reliable as it theoretically seems....  

With the Chinese brands, I have similar issues.....    so, perhaps this is an antiquated biased mindset, but that same bias exists against a 'western brand' too....    

One point thought - the cheaper the produce, the lower your 'consumer power'...   so when something goes wrong, you're just another number - deal with it, wait in the queue or standby for an e-mailed response... 

As far as Inferior products - I have a strong distrust of the promised made by Chinese companies...  perhaps that is my prejudice entering the fray... but while I there are few dealerships, an extremely short business or service record of such companies and seemingly few avenues of recourse I'm extremely reticent to go Chinese and thus would look for a dealer with plenty of local coverage, and if wanting an EV, that means a dealer with plenty of local coverage who are known for delivering a reliable product....  

... And thats Kia, it will also be Toyota, Honda and Mazda when the decided to go full EV (IF they do).

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Interesting comment... 

What about service centres ??  - one of the reasons I'm not chosing a Telsa-Y is becasue there is no 'specific service centre' theoretically, they come to you...

... So, I know thats not a position I want to be in...  I just don't trust the 'system' to be as reliable as it theoretically seems....  

With the Chinese brands, I have similar issues.....    so, perhaps this is an antiquated biased mindset, but that same bias exists against a 'western brand' too....    

One point thought - the cheaper the produce, the lower your 'consumer power'...   so when something goes wrong, you're just another number - deal with it, wait in the queue or standby for an e-mailed response... 

As far as Inferior products - I have a strong distrust of the promised made by Chinese companies...  perhaps that is my prejudice entering the fray... but while I there are few dealerships, an extremely short business or service record of such companies and seemingly few avenues of recourse I'm extremely reticent to go Chinese and thus would look for a dealer with plenty of local coverage, and if wanting an EV, that means a dealer with plenty of local coverage who are known for delivering a reliable product....  

... And thats Kia, it will also be Toyota, Honda and Mazda when the decided to go full EV (IF they do).

More ignorance, as the MG dealers have been stellar, the past 4 yrs since owning.  Much better than Toyota, Mitsubishi & Mazda IMHO 

On 6.10.2024 at 02:28, Yodarapper said:

Przetestowałem BYD Sealion i byłem pod wrażeniem.

szukam samochodu dla rodziny - 2 dorosłych i 2 małych dzieci. Fajnie byłoby też, żeby dziadkowie mogli się nim zmieścić, kiedy przyjeżdżają z Europy, ale wiem, że to nie zawsze się zdarza.

Codziennie dojeżdżamy do szkoły/pracy, a w weekendy jedziemy na zakupy lub do centrum Bangkoku.

jeździmy do Pattayi i Rayong na wycieczki oraz na Koh Chang itp.

możesz polecić jakieś odpowiednie samochody? Nie więcej niż milion i jestem otwarty na elektryczne, jeśli to dobra opcja, ale będę chciał je sprzedać, kiedy opuścimy Tajlandię. Wpłacę około 200 tys. i sfinansuję resztę.

DZIĘKI!

You want to burn your family in an electric car. Think man 

30 minutes ago, KhunLA said:
48 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Interesting comment... 

Expand  

More ignorance, as the MG dealers have been stellar, the past 4 yrs since owning.  Much better than Toyota, Mitsubishi & Mazda IMHO 

Perhaps....  I did overlook MG with my comments...  but thats because I think the vehicles are so rubbish they only ever pop up on my radar on this forum when you mention them.

I was in one the other day BOLT..   no offence, but I really thought it was an utter piece of shyite...  It was an MG ES... a hideous thing.... 

Apologies if that offends you because I know you like to double down on your points and deep throat the MG brand...  but, really... as a price comparison... they have to be a lot lot cheaper to be considered against anything else not also Chinese.

I'm not sure if its racism from my part - but I do have a strong distrust in Chinese brands at the moment (thought I do I think Xiaomi products are good and look forwards to what they build next year EV wise).

I looked at a lot of Chinese EV's this week....   

- Xpeng G6 - A Porsche Maccan rip off... Quality seemed ok - but really... W.the-fluck... 

- HiPhi X - fuuuuuuugly....    horrific.

- BYD Seal - seems to be the only viable option (if going for a Chinese sedan)

I might be just as bias against MG as you are for them....   I just think Kia are such a better option, but they are priced differently.

I wonder if Kia will bring the EV3 and if that will be priced at a similar point to the MGZS Electric or MG4 EV.

Ironically - KAI for the Thai markets are made in China - so my distrust is perhaps more in their 'promise' than their product - though the same can be argued of Chevrolet and I have similar thoughts for many of the lesser established brands.