Worst Pizza In Pattaya And Petty Thiefs...

Rainmon

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Americans could not make pizza if the tried, All the big american pizza chains like pizza hut have tried in Australia and gone bust put out of business by the small family business. Yep they make the worst pizza ever maybe only yanks like it but they would eat turd if they were told it was laid in America.

You are confusing chain food with real food. Pathetic.

Only children and folks in a real hurry eat at Pizza Hut or the other chains in in the U.S.. America has the best pizza in the world, but only an idiot would think that fast food pizza is the real thing. :)

Imagine if they ate a real New York pizza, or maybe a Zachary's stuffed pizza. A bunch of trolls without a clue!

Exactly. It gives them pleasure to diss Americans but they probably suspect we have the best stuff there. When it comes to pizza, they are right, we do have the best stuff but you actually have to go to America (maybe they can't get a visa).

Americans could not make pizza if the tried, All the big american pizza chains like pizza hut have tried in Australia and gone bust put out of business by the small family business. Yep they make the worst pizza ever maybe only yanks like it but they would eat turd if they were told it was laid in America.

Imagine if they ate a real New York pizza, or maybe a Zachary's stuffed pizza. A bunch of trolls without a clue!

A real pizza is found in Lygon Street Carlton (Melbourne) best you will ever get the topping 1 inch thick lots of ham, cheese anything you want. I tried a pizza in New York once what a flaming joke. Who ever told the bloody yanks that they could make pizza. wouldn't feed a yank pizza to my dog he would laugh at me.

So sorry the one RANDOM pizza joint you happened upon in the great metropolis of New York City did not meet with your approval. There are about 70,000 pizzerias in the US. Report back when you manage to try some of the GOOD ones. Cheers.

A real pizza is found in Lygon Street Carlton (Melbourne) best you will ever get the topping 1 inch thick lots of ham, cheese anything you want. I tried a pizza in New York once what a flaming joke. Who ever told the bloody yanks that they could make pizza. wouldn't feed a yank pizza to my dog he would laugh at me.

It does not seem very bright to judge every restaurant in New York City by one place that you tried. I have had lousy food in Australia, but am pretty sure they have some good restaurants somewhere. :)

I haven't had the opportunity to have a real "New York Pizza" in New York, however, if the "New York" style in Thailand is anything to go on, they don't even rate against your average Pizza joint in Melbourne. My opinion! :)

There is no way you can judge American or NYC pizza by what is on offer in Thailand. That is ridiculous. That would be like judging Mexican food by the Mexican food in Thailand. BTW, many people feel strongly that the excellent NYC TAP WATER for both NYC pizza and NYC bagels is a big factor in the unique taste. No NYC water here.

Edited by Jingthing

There is no way you can judge American or NYC pizza by what is on offer in Thailand. That is ridiculous. That would be like judging Mexican food by the Mexican food in Thailand. BTW, many people feel strongly that the excellent NYC TAP WATER for both NYC pizza and NYC bagels is a big factor in the unique taste. No NYC water here.

I agree that local water makes a big difference in the local production of food (particularly dough) and beer. That is why beers from the north of England taste so good (water from the lake-district & Welsh hills) and London beer tastes so awful.

Yeah, America has the best pizza. Steak, bread, wine, ah cars too.

Please...

Pizza - yes, America

Steak - no, Argentina has the best, maybe Japan

Bread - no, France, but the U.S. is no slouch (see Coupe du Monde de la Boulangerie)

Wine - no France, but the U.S., Chile and Australia make some nice wines

Cars - Italy, Japan or Germany, Detroit did rule until about 1970

Please...

Pizza - yes, America

Bread - no, France, but the U.S. is no slouch (see Coupe du Monde de la Boulangerie)

I presume you mean Californian? Surely not a serious contender?

Different wine producing countries have different styles. It is not the Olympics. Its a drink. That said, the USA is among the great wine producing nations, and if you deny that, that is just silly.

I agree the USA has the best pizza. Yes, better than Italy.

Edited by Jingthing

I haven't had the opportunity to have a real "New York Pizza" in New York, however, if the "New York" style in Thailand is anything to go on, they don't even rate against your average Pizza joint in Melbourne. My opinion! :)

I have never had a New York Style Pizza in Thailand that was even as good as a mass market, frozen pizza in the sticks of Alabama. A good pizza in the US is literally 100 times as good as any that I have had here in Thailand (as best as I can approximate).

Also, steak in Japan might be better than the US, but it costs something like 10 times as much. I'm happy to pay $20 for a really tender, delicious steak, but personally, I'm not ready to pay $200 for one that is not a whole lot better.

California wine is as good as any on earth. French is really no better than Australian and American.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Please...

Pizza - yes, America

I presume you mean Californian? Surely not a serious contender?

Oregon, Washington and New York produce some nice wines. I'm not comparing them to French, but the U.S., Germany, Chile and Australia make good wines.

• 3 months later...
i was also unimpressed with slices quality but the song-dance about the 99b + drink (i only drink water/beer/whisky period!) is a typical american come on. they run a commerical religiously of pcn and never mention this. i mean how many pieces can you possibly eat 3 or 4? cardboard i think sums it nicely. maybe cardboard with fake cheese.

i can also say after one and only visit to oasis ill never be back either. crappy chang beer at walking st prices, bad happy hr prices, the layout of the place is horrible (including some big post in the middle of the place <deleted>?) but the best ... girls started to chat me up. i replied in thai - not only did they f-me off, but actually got up and walked away. the really pathetic thing was i was w/ a friend here from dubai on holiday. obviously we didnt stay long... so oasis lost on that one sure. if i recall - i did not like the music either and i think as too many places these days had some dumb ass show as well.

i eat at tukcom often and never had a problem there or any other in 15 years in/out of thailand.

i would not call friendship 'friendly' but maybe too many dumb-ass farang try and pick up the girls there. only prob i have ever had was with a cashier who couldnt add.

for what its worth - i feel your pain about the thieves but i personally have neve been ripped off in thaialnd or anywhere else in asia. much of this is dumb luck.

They also have an International food court there now, what a load of Crap that is it's worse than their Pizza's, you must give them an applause because thats got to be very hard to do. International food court HAHAHA it's just the back end of what is already a tiny shop, there microwaved Samosa's are fantastic they bounce off the floor ideal for tennis slices Pizza what a load of <deleted> absolute RIPOFF....they talk about franchising how can you franchise crap like that

I don't know what's happening here lately, but there sure are alot of petty thiefs in this town.

I have lived in Pattaya over 18 months and never seen so much petty attempts to rip me off. Last month I caught a bugular in my kitchen carrying out my lap top. I moved to a new room in a different part of town and 4 out of the last 4 days on my routine activities going to dinner, lunch, buying groceries and going out to a bar, I have been short changed 3 times and hassled at Friendship Market.

Last week I decided to try a new pizza place called Slices, they advertised on TV a 100 baht all you can eat buffet. But once I got there they explained I had to buy at least a 35 baht drink and could only have one slice of pizza at a time. Then the cashier short changed me 10 baht. I had ask for ice with my drink and when I looked at my change thought maybe they charged me for the ice, but they said no. So, I ask for my correct change and the cashier just lied and said I gave her 140 baht not 150. So, I just gave up and left swearing to never go back. Plus the pizza tasted like cardboard with very little sauce. I will never eat at Slices again and the whole experience of being treated like a child by only being able to get one slice at a time is ridiculous...

The next day I am short changed at Oasis gogo 15 baht, I had 3, 55 baht beers, give the lady 200 baht, she returns with a 20 baht note. I give her that as a tip and as I am walking out, think, gezz, that lady just ripped me 15 baht. I was a little drunk so blew it off.

Next day, I am hassled for trying to buy a pack of smokes after the cashier already checked me out at Friendship Market. I am standing there, the lady just took my money and says NO, go and get in line again. They would not sell me a pack of smokes after I just paid for 3 or 400 baht worth of groceries. I shop there everyday and have never seen such rude customer service.

Today at Tukom the food court cashier attempted to short change me, I had to demand my money and finally this thief relented and gave me the correct change. Her attiude was like this was routine proceedure for her, no apology, nothing, just trying to steal from farangs any chance they get is no problem.

The sooner I get out of Pattaya the better, but I tell you one thing, the Pizza Place called Slices is the worst dinning experience I have ever had here. These people are real ass holes.

It is shame........a culture of liars and thieves comes to mind............Thailand Titanic is going down!