Thai police officer allegedly rapes 17 year old girl in Chon Buri

snoop1130

COVER-PIC-2024-10-07T131135.png

A 17 year old Thai girl is seeking help and protection from non-profit organisation Saimai Survive, alleging that a police officer repeatedly raped her in police booths in the Chon Buri province.

Saimai Survive held a press conference on Saturday, October 5, to allow the teenage victim to share her story publicly. The accused officer is reportedly a deputy police inspector of Ban Bung Police Station. He previously worked at the Nong Kae police booth before transferring to the Nong Phai Kaew police booth.

The victim told the media that the sexual assault occurred while she was living alone in a rented room because her bedridden father had returned to their home province in southern Thailand.

She noticed someone closely monitoring her at home and filed a complaint at Bang Bung Police Station, which led to her interaction with the suspect. The police officer frequently visited her home to ensure her safety.

While her father was away, this police officer bought her food and necessities and took her on trips, causing her to regard him as an uncle. However, her trust was shattered in April when the officer she had trusted raped her in the police booth.

The victim disclosed that the police officer invited her to a late-night dinner at around midnight. On the way back home, the officer asked to stop at his workplace. While they were in the booth, the officer approached the girl and touched her inappropriately.

Death threat

The victim realised the danger and pleaded with him not to assault her. She stated that she was not interested in men and preferred women. She also emphasised that she respected him as a relative but the police officer did not relent. He allegedly threatened to kill her if she revealed the incident to anyone.

The teen stated that the police officer would call her to his workplace almost daily. She knew what he would do to her but did not dare to resist.

The young woman recounted how she took her father back to their rented accommodation in Chon Buri and confided in him about the entire upsetting incident. A police officer had promised her father that he would look after her as his wife but both she and her father rejected the proposal outright.

She was adamant that she had no romantic interest in the officer, stating her preference for women over men. However, the officer’s son, who holds considerable influence in the community, wrongly assumed she wished to become his father’s mistress and subsequently threatened her with harm.

Fearing repercussions due to the officer’s status at the police station, the young woman felt unable to lodge a formal complaint. Instead, she turned to Saimai Survive for assistance.

Ekkaphop Lueangprasert, the founder of the organisation, expressed his support for her story, emphasising the consistency and clarity of the timeline she provided. He voiced his hope that the chief police officer would intervene to ensure justice is served for all parties involved.

By Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ ดาวแปดแฉก

Source: The Thaiger

-- 2024-10-07

news-footer-2.png

image.png

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The victim disclosed that the police officer invited her to a late-night dinner at around midnight.

Should actually understand what that means at the age of 17.

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

However, the officer’s son, who holds considerable influence in the community, wrongly assumed she wished to become his father’s mistress and subsequently threatened her with harm.

Like Father Like son, and just what is his influence in the community ? the fact his father is a cop ? He also should be investigated. Sadly we know this will go nowhere, an inactive post at most IMO.

41 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
57 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Should actually understand what that means at the age of 17.

I agree.

I used to have the 'idea' than IF a girl came back to my room with me, then it meant she was 'open for anything to happen' and thus was fair game for a bit of nookie...   

BUT...  that it no way meant I was right, all decisions made and actions taken remained mutual...  and I did in fact bring GF's back to my room after dinner or partying etc...  and if they put the kibosh on proceedings at a 'certain base' and thats perfectly within their right - I'd be very wrong to push things further. 

What we’re discussing here, though, is something far more disturbing. This situation involves a vulnerable young woman, and a policeman abusing his power and authority for his own selfish and morally reprehensible reasons. There's no comparison between the two.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Agree 2