Nok Air @ Buriram airport

croftrobin

I bought my gf a ticket (Buriram to DM) a couple of years ago, never again. 

They cancelled the flight day before departure, then they refunded the ticket 3 months later sent the money to my girlfriend. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

2 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I bought my gf a ticket (Buriram to DM) a couple of years ago, never again. 

They cancelled the flight day before departure, then they refunded the ticket 3 months later sent the money to my girlfriend. 

Yeah a NOK are the only airline I feel scared to fly on.

If their check in and hostesses are that dumb and untrained, then how do you think the aircraft maintenance staff will be?

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think they went bust. Maybe bought by another airline. Flew with them a long time ago. Cheap and cheerful back then. Online reports don't make it very clear of their current status. Filed for bankruptcy in July 2020.

• Confused 1

Nok is still flying, just not to Buriram. I see their planes zip past my window many times every day, with the very recognizable design. Flew with them domestic, and planes were hit and miss, some looked like new, others really needed new seats (though leg space is way larger in Nok than it is with Air Asia, and I believe same or more than Thai planes used for domestic routes). But as they have a Boeing 737 fleet, I'm less inclined to choose them than those using Airbus A320, like Thai or Air Asia.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I think they went bust. Maybe bought by another airline. Flew with them a long time ago. Cheap and cheerful back then. Online reports don't make it very clear of their current status. Filed for bankruptcy in July 2020.

They are certainly still operating (not currently to Buriram however), I booked a flight this morning for travel next week and have done the same multiple times this year.

• Thanks 1

I guess I am in the minority. But I am a member of Nok Air, have been for 10 years. I have yet to even have a flight delay of more than 10 minutes in 30+ flights. The leg room is more, the baggage allowances are bigger, and the staff is always friendly. Most of all I have never had a wait to check in more than 10 minutes all the while seeing hundreds of passengers lining up for Air Asia and the worst Thai Lion. Thumbs up for me on Nok. 15 minutes to Don Muang airport, and 10 to get home.  

Edited by marin
  • Thumbs Up 2