Americans in Thailand Walk to Exercise the Right to Vote Overseas

webfact

I don't understand, while watching U-Tube there are constant adds saying Americans can vote from anywhere showing pics of famous places around the world, and put a QR code up on the screen to scan.........................................................:coffee1:

• Confused 1

So why this walk are they unaware that all yanks can vote wherever they are not just Thailand, Jeez they don't seem to know a lot. Oh we are so Special LOL

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“This walk is a symbol of American democracy in action, which allows Americans wherever they are in the world to vote in our national election,” said Harold Hibbert, Vice-Chair at Democrats Abroad Thailand. “Overseas Americans being able to use their voice and exercising their right to vote is part of what makes our system special, and we strongly support the US Embassy’s role in facilitating the vote by sending our ballots back to the US.”

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

They all want to vote for the guy who got his supporters to try to destroy American Democracy...

Very funny ... Democrats Abroad. More likely Trump and his ilk to denounce Mail-in ballots coming from foreign countries as a conspiracy to defeat him with Mail-in ballots.

9 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

They all want to vote for the guy who got his supporters to try to destroy American Democracy...

"Trump claims Dems will ‘cheat’ using military, overseas ballot system," By Karen Jowers

Oct 4, 2024 https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/

• “Actually they are getting ready to CHEAT!” Trump wrote. “They are going to use UOCAVA to get ballots, a program that emails ballots overseas without any citizenship check or verification of identity whatsoever.”
  • Trump further alleged that Democrats “want to dilute the TRUE vote of our beautiful military and their families.”
  • While UOCAVA (Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act) ensures the rights of overseas and military voters to cast their ballots, voter eligibility is determined by thousands of local election officials across the country who handle UOCAVA voter ballot requests and ballots separately.

"The 2024 Election Ballot Walk will see a large, non-partisan group of Americans walk down down Witthayu (Wireless Road) from the Au Bon Pain (in front of GPF Tower) at midday with their ballots, and deposit their ballots in the official US Citizen Services drop box in front of the Embassy."

That's one hell of a walk.  I hope they all make it.

image.png.759cd27029eee3a62dbbf139fed8bbac.png

Edited by ballpoint
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, brianthainess said:

So why this walk are they unaware that all yanks can vote wherever they are not just Thailand, Jeez they don't seem to know a lot. Oh we are so Special LOL

Most likely, a bunch of old Americans with nothing better to do. Or at least organised by one. Americans know where and how they can vote while in Thailand. Even the Embassy has sent letters out with links to register and vote. 

4 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Most likely, a bunch of old Americans with nothing better to do. Or at least organised by one. Americans know where and how they can vote while in Thailand. Even the Embassy has sent letters out with links to register and vote. 

Yes I don't understand why they are doing it, as I said when I'm watching YouTube they 'advertise' it saying Americans can vote Wherever they are showing Pics of the pyramids, the Eifel tower, London, Etc..  with a QR Scan code on the screen to register, what is the point of 'the walk' seems just like an add to bring attention to themselves, as if we don't have enough BS on their frigging election, then once the election is over we'll have more weeks of it, I have no interest in how they screw their own country up. 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

"The 2024 Election Ballot Walk will see a large, non-partisan group of Americans walk down down Witthayu (Wireless Road) from the Au Bon Pain (in front of GPF Tower) at midday with their ballots, and deposit their ballots in the official US Citizen Services drop box in front of the Embassy."

That's one hell of a walk.  I hope they all make it.

image.png.759cd27029eee3a62dbbf139fed8bbac.png

I agree but why are they doing it, even as a Non American I know they can vote anywhere in the world by registering with a QR code, advertised on YouTube, interrupting whatever I may be watching, are they really that dumb ? 

2 hours ago, Nickcage49 said:

How adorable. If Trump gets back in we will soon have no democracy.

Agree Did he not say this is the last time people will vote, or was I just hearing things.

God HELP Americans, Trump is the chosen one, as he said on the Dr. Phil show, God saved him from assassination so he would be elected, and he would ask god to join his government......:crazy:

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

“Overseas Americans being able to use their voice and exercising their right to vote is part of what makes our system special, and we strongly support the US Embassy’s role in facilitating the vote by sending our ballots back to the US.”

Lol, this isn't special - it's the norm.

You can only vote for Trump.  Did anyone see the Harris 60 minutes interview and then the follow-up that showed how CBS cut out a lot of her word salad?  She has zero idea what she is doing, how to do it, or what her position is on issues.  All she says is fluff, no specifics.