Work permit and M.E visa

Hi. I have a Multi Entry non o visa from Savannakhet. My wife has,a,business operating 6 months of the year(now till April.) My visa expires next May.  She went to a  local Thai  accountant in a provincial town   who is setting up a company for her. My wife will employ me for the required 40,000 baht per month and the accountant will get a work permit for me and I guess convert my non-o me to a non-b?. She says to get the work permit I will need to show 400,000 baht each 3 months to immigration. I understand that converting my visa to non-b would require showing funds but I understood the 40,000 baht income would be sufficient without needing to show 400,000 b.

You are in the correct forum, "Thai Visas, Residency, and Work Permits"

1. What is the nationality of your wife, Thai or non-Thai?

2. If I remember correctly, the minimum monthly salary for the application for a work permit depends on the nationality of the applicant. Just in case my memory is correct, what is your nationality?

3. A work permit can also be issued to an applicant on an extension of stay for the reason of living with a Thai wife, ie no change to a non-B visa is necessary.

On 10/9/2024 at 9:42 AM, Wongkitlo said:

...My visa expires next May...

Do you really mean your "your visa", or do you mean your current permission to stay? In this particular case, it is important to make this distinction.