Another busy 'high season' coming up.

I was at Bangkok Airways office trying to book flights for my trip at the end of December.

Very few flights available.

Outbound on the 25th - only business class on the first flight out. (There was limited availability on a later flight but I would have missed my connection in Bangkok.)

Inbound on the 29th - forget it. I will have to overnight in Bangkok and catch the last available flight at 19:45 on the 30th.

Oh well. I suppose I can find something to do in Bangkok for one night :whistling:

As an aside, the reason that I was at the office instead of booking online is because my resident's card had expired (no warning from BA).

Next fail - you can only renew the card on-line. You can no longer talk to a human being face to face at the office.

I now have to scan 14 pages of DBD documents and company papers to upload. 😒

If you want to book with a niche airline no doubt your experience is real.

There are plenty of other flights available on the many consolidaters sites last time I looked.

As for it being busy that's a subjective statement.

• Sad 3

On 10/10/2024 at 4:00 AM, Tropicalevo said:

As an aside, the reason that I was at the office instead of booking online is because my resident's card had expired (no warning from BA).

Next fail - you can only renew the card on-line. You can no longer talk to a human being face to face at the office.

I now have to scan 14 pages of DBD documents and company papers to upload. 😒

You can use your yellow house book, if you have one, that's enough proof for being resident and eligible for Resident Card.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/10/2024 at 3:29 PM, Andycoops said:

There are plenty of other flights available on the many consolidaters sites last time I looked.

There is only one airline that flies BKK to Samui and that is Bangkok Airways, not only niche, but ''Boutique" 🤪.

The one way flights with a Samui residents card cost 2,700 baht, a price you will not see offered on their website if you don't have a card.

I challenge you to find a similar price on any 'consolidaters' website.

(Tut tut TE, bet you don't forget next time) 😅

Edited by Tmoney
  • Love It 1

On 10/10/2024 at 3:29 PM, Andycoops said:

A quick update on Samui's busy season.

Just tried to book a trip to see friends who are in Langkawi for a couple of months.

Langkawi is a bitch of a place to get to from Samui. Mostly three flights, or two with overnight stops.

As it will be two or three airlines, I tried a consolidator as suggested above.

Forget it. Total waste of time.

Spent ages sorting out the best trip and then negotiating the clunky web site, only to be told 'sorry, we could not book those flights'. Change dates - same message. Change dates again, same message. Gave up and did it myself.

Yet again, Bangkok Airways is not available on the final leg Phuket to Samui so another overnight stop.

Had to book with Batik Air Malaysia. Are they any good? Anyone out there flown with them?