Famous Singer Tik Shiro Involved in Fatal Bangkok Car Accident, Two Dead

Georgealbert

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I said from the start he had probably had a few after leaving a licensed premises at 4am with friends

But you bizarradly were trying to blame it on his glasses.

Don't forget the window tint !!!

I'm actually attributing the reasons that he didn't see the stopped motorcycle to handful of factors

1) Under the influence of alcohol (new info)

2) Wearing dark Glasses while driving (probably)

3) Dark tint on the windows (probably)

4) Drifted out of the driving lane (possibly - onto the shoulder - due to drink or visibility or both)

5) No / very poor lighting on the bridge (as per photos)

6) Motorcycle lights not working or turned off (possibly - not uncommon here for rear lights not to work)

7) Motorcycle not stopped fully out of the driving lane (possibly - careless parking is not uncommon)

All of the above are possible factors and causes for the incident - but I'd put the primary factors down to drink (new info) and him not being able to see clearly.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Don't forget the window tint !!!

I'm actually attributing the reasons that he didn't see the stopped motorcycle to handful of factors

1) Under the influence of alcohol (new info)

2) Wearing dark Glasses while driving (probably)

3) Dark tint on the windows (probably)

4) Drifted out of the driving lane (possibly - onto the shoulder - due to drink or visibility or both)

5) No / very poor lighting on the bridge (as per photos)

6) Motorcycle lights not working or turned off (possibly - not uncommon here for rear lights not to work)

7) Motorcycle not stopped fully out of the driving lane (possibly - careless parking is not uncommon)

All of the above are possible factors and causes for the incident - but I'd put the primary factors down to drink (new info) and him not being able to see clearly.

Nah.

i put it down to 7 and the biggest killer on the road, speed.

9 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Nah.

i put it down to 7 and the biggest killer on the road, speed.

Not the booze the…

Results have been released… 

His blood alcohol concentration (BAC) was reported to be 0.106%.

Thailand’s legal limit for drivers is set at 0.05%.

So only 4x the DUI limit - you’ll be ok to drive like that won’t you MalcomB ???….

…. any incident is surely someone else’s fault for getting in the way…. 
After all… you are going fine (until someone stops in front of you !)

Note: it was also reported (in Thai media) that the Motorcycle was sticking out into the ‘driving lane’ by 20cm. 

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

His blood alcohol concentration (BAC) was reported to be 0.106%.

Thailand’s legal limit for drivers is set at 0.05%.

So only 4x the DUI limit - you’ll be ok to drive like that won’t you MalcomB ???….

Sounds like you can not handle your booze if you think that is 4x the DUI limit.

He was speeding. I never speed after having a couple of beers.

So I would be fine to drive at 0.106%, but if I was four times over I wouldn’t, especially if I was wearing sunglasses and had tinted windows. 

Many places in the world the limit is 0.08%. So it is just slightly over. 

You won’t believe this but I actually got let off and allowed to drive home at .01% previously. The policeman could see I was fine to drive.

17 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Sounds like you can not handle your booze if you think that is 4x the DUI limit.

He was speeding. I never speed after having a couple of beers.

So I would be fine to drive at 0.106%, but if I was four times over I wouldn’t, especially if I was wearing sunglasses and had tinted windows. 

Many places in the world the limit is 0.08%. So it is just slightly over. 

You won’t believe this but I actually got let off and allowed to drive home at .01% previously. The policeman could see I was fine to drive.

You’re the only person in the world not impacted by booze….  Well there is also the flash…. His metabolism is so fast that he can’t get drunk - he lives within the same world of ‘make believe’ as you do !!!  Through all know the flash is just film & stories… whereas you believe your own BS drunk driver….

(4x was a typo - it’s 2x, however that’s still driving while impaired & illegal - not for you of-course, you don’t get impaired by such low limits & the policemen let you go !! ) 

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You’re the only person in the world not impacted by booze….  Well there is also the flash…. His metabolism is so fast that he can’t get drunk - he lives within the same world of ‘make believe’ as you do !!!  Through all know the flash is just film & stories… whereas you believe your own BS drunk driver….

(4x was a typo - it’s 2x, however that’s still driving while impaired & illegal - not for you of-course, you don’t get impaired by such low limits & the policemen let you go !! ) 

I think you are missing the point as usual Dick.

The bar is set very low for the % because some people are affected by alcohol more than others. I seem to remember you saying that after a couple it affects you.

secondly, some people go stupid on the booze and drive faster than they normally would or more reckless. Which is why I am advocating if you do have a couple, make sure to drive at a very safe speed and follow all road laws.

This will not only stop you getting pulled over most of the time but it will save lives.

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

I think you are missing the point as usual Dick.

The bar is set very low for the % because some people are affected by alcohol more than others. I seem to remember you saying that after a couple it affects you.

I think YOU are missing the point...     DUI is illegal, even for fools who think using the world 'dick' to play on the name 'richard' is a clever thing to do... 

Do you think the bar should be set differently for you ??...  because you metabolise alcohol differently than anyone else ?...      

secondly, some people go stupid on the booze and drive faster than they normally would or more reckless. Which is why I am advocating if you do have a couple, make sure to drive at a very safe speed and follow all road laws.

I do get your point, if having one or two beers and remaining under the legal limit to drive, of course behaviour is more readily moderated. 

However, you champion the example of someone unable to moderate their behavior given the idiocy of some of your comments on this forum - a sensible limit for someone such as yourself who is so capable of pulling the wool over their own eyes really should be zero !!!.. 

This will not only stop you getting pulled over most of the time but it will save lives.

You know what saves lives ???  Idiots who don't believe they are beyond the law and attempt to apply their own interpretation of DUI rules and how alcohol impacts them. 

Additionally, while I have no proof other than the reckless disregard you have shown in previous comments... I don't believe you stop at two cans of beers etc...  you just drink whatever you want and think you can drive carefully because you decided to 'go slowly'....  Those halfwitted attitudes are what causes accidents.... 

I'm sure Tik Shiro thought... He's ok... He's only had a few beers, if he drives carefully it'll be ok - just like all the other drink drivers who end killing people - you all suffer from the same antisocial delusion. 

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm sure Tik Shiro thought... He's ok... He's only had a few beers, if he drives carefully it'll be ok -

That was his mistake, he wasn’t, he was speeding. A classic example of someone that should not have been drinking.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't believe you stop at two cans of beers etc...  you just drink whatever you want and think you can drive carefully because you decided to 'go slowly'...

You are correct.

But there have been times I knew I had had too much and then I got a taxi, slept it off or got a ride.

That happened three weeks ago, I knew I was gone, I handed my keys over the bar, only a short trip but I still didn’t risk it.

Some people shouldn’t drink at .05 and will drive like idiots some people are ok at .15%,  will drive safely. 
I know you don’t agree, but it is the reality.

We don’t really know if Tik would have hit them if he had not of had a drink at all, he was speeding and they had stopped on a narrow bridge.