Words sentences that are offensive

4 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

So now you consider yourself qualified to teach English to native speakers, ?  

"Thick"  is a well known and  common English  slang word for Stupid  I cannot believe even a thick yank would not know that, 

When you can point out the UK (never mind Liverpool) on a world  map  I will consider you qualified to comment on scousers  Until then shut it.

I was going to suggest that you chose your English friends more wisely, but then again beggars can't be choosers can they, and birds of a feather do tend to flock together. so your choice is naturally limited. but it shouldn't be too challenging to find somebody who knows that the Giro bank ceased to exist about 20 years ago 

America invented recorded laughter because the audiences were too stupid to know when to laugh, just think about that before writing any more rubbish 

Dude I know where Liverpool is, it is a slum across the Mersey river from Manchester (the Home of Glorious Manchester United) that propped up the slave economy in the US (Ill get the Dems on my side on this one) where Jack the Ripper lived until his old lady took him out.

I bet you are a Scouser then. Or from Leeds. My mates say folks from Leeds are barely human.

I will say though, I do admire your cheese rolling festival and Webley revolvers, although my bros say that outside Manchester, there is no real England.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, yang123 said:

Isn't the correct term "differently abled"?

If I was a mobster I would rather be called Joe "the Crip" instead of Joe "Differently Abled". I think collections would be easier with the first one vs the latter.

11 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Dude I know where Liverpool is, it is a slum across the Mersey river from Manchester (the Home of Glorious Manchester United) that propped up the slave economy in the US (Ill get the Dems on my side on this one) where Jack the Ripper lived until his old lady took him out.

I bet you are a Scouser then. Or from Leeds. My mates say folks from Leeds are barely human.

I will say though, I do admire your cheese rolling festival and Webley revolvers, although my bros say that outside Manchester, there is no real England.

Across the Mersey? That's Birkenhead.

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

I'd lose. I'm not a Scientist.

Apparently, neither are you! 🙂

Well Im enough of a scientist to know that the EXISTENTIAL CRISIS OF CLIMATE CHANGE is a hoax.

It only takes turning off the BBC, CNN etc and reading up on it to know that.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Well if your from the UK you ain't doin much better than his my friend.

Now put that into understandable English.         YOU'RE........DOING........THIS

And yes, I am proud to be a Spelling & Grammar Policeman.

Oh, can we still say PoliceMAN or is that un-woke? 555

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

We called them spastics at school, I guess that would get you arrested these days :sad:

Wasn't there a charity shop chain called the Spastic Society. 

And in my vocabulary there is still the Spasmobile.  Sorry, but I was born before Woke existed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Thats the beauty of America, we got the best and left the trash behind

Isn't Mr D T of Irish descent, or is that Mr J B, or both.

At least Kamala tells us all of her heredity.

So many words for nationalities are mere truncations of the original  (chink, pakki, Eyetie, Spic, Pork, Assie) which causes gasps of horror amongst today's precious petals.

Yet the 'Brit' Awards persist in being applauded

That's offensive

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Are outright lies allowed on AN now?

Spoken like a Man United hater., Its like hating the NY Yankees or the Montreal Canadiens or KC Chiefs, a life full of also rans looking upward.

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, Regyai said:

So many words for nationalities are mere truncations of the original  (chink, pakki, Eyetie, Spic, Pork, Assie) which causes gasps of horror amongst today's precious petals.

Yet the 'Brit' Awards persist in being applauded

That's offensive

Sassenachs?  Thats a good one. Englishmen in skirts vs Englishmen without them.

Its like here in Cambodia, meet a tourist talking English like a primitive and say hey bro, what part of England you from? Im Irish *stinkeye*

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mdr224 said:

Funny how you think about our politics when we dont think about yours. Your country is irrelevant and worse by every metric

It is only because we are all laughing about how bad the two candidates are.

Every metric? You are one of only three countries in the world who haven’t figured out the metric system, along with Myanmar and Liberia.

Dont forget, you speak English.

27 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

It is only because we are all laughing about how bad the two candidates are.

Every metric? You are one of only three countries in the world who haven’t figured out the metric system, along with Myanmar and Liberia.

Dont forget, you speak English.

I know the metric system. We use it all the time in America. .223 is 5.56, .25 is 6.35, .308 is 7.62, .32 is 7.65, .355 is 9mm and so on.

8 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Apparently not. 

Wow. You convinced me. Ill go out and spew some chowder on the Pieta and glue my ass to it to protest oil while screaming THE PLANET IS DYING.

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

I doubt you could say Fat Karen in Kier Starmer's Britain. If you hurt any Karen's feelings, they might call the thought Police on you for a visit, and a re-education lecture on hate speech..

Think we are still ok with "karen"   so far at least.    Probably because it is normally associated with white people,  white women specifically, who are no longer "protected" as they were before the alphabet freaks appeared on the scene

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Wasn't there a charity shop chain called the Spastic Society. 

And in my vocabulary there is still the Spasmobile.  Sorry, but I was born before Woke existed. 

We called them Spaz Chariots,  still brings a smile to my face

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

31 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

We called them Spaz Chariots,  still brings a smile to my face

Not funny. Never was except amongst 5 year olds. People exaggerate a bit how times have changed. Ian Dury got into strife with his song Spasticus Autisticus back in 1981 - unfairly in my opinion - and even though he meant well. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Not funny. Never was except amongst 5 year olds. People exaggerate a bit how times have changed. Ian Dury got into strife with his song Spasticus Autisticus back in 1981 - unfairly in my opinion - and even though he meant well. 

We found it funny, and I still do .  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

We found it funny, and I still do .  

I'm sure you don't mean anything bad but I ask are you laughing with them or at them and a term like spaz to me sounds like at them. I think how the person in question would feel if he was called that name. Lifes hard enough and I see spaz as pretty derogatory but there can often be  nothing wrong with having a joke about life's predicament if done in the right way. In my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Liverpool is NOT "across the Mersey river from Manchester" so as I suspected you have absolutely no idea where to find it on a map.  No need to be too embarrassed most  Americans would also have little idea.

You might find the following english saying helpful in the future 

"It is better to keep ones mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open ones mouth and prove it".

By the way, your mates  are clearly A$$h0les

Edited by Bday Prang

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I'm sure you don't mean anything bad but I ask are you laughing with them or at them and a term like spaz to me sounds like at them. I think how the person in question would feel if he was called that name. Lifes hard enough and I see spaz as pretty derogatory but there can often be  nothing wrong with having a joke about life's predicament if done in the right way. In my opinion. 

No I was not laughing "with them"   are they even capable of laughing ?      We didn't get close enough to them that they could hear us so no they were not "offended" 

People  would of course have to be a bit more careful these days as there are so many virtue signallers itching to take offence on their behalf.  Although I can't say I am particularly bothered, 

A joke is a joke  and nothing is off limits as far as I am concerned,  if the woke have their way their will be no more jokes. Think about that for a few minutes

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Liverpool is NOT "across the Mersey river from Manchester" so as I suspected you have absolutely no idea where to find it on a map.  No need to be too embarrassed most  Americans would also have little idea.

You might find the following english saying helpful in the future 

"It is better to keep ones mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open ones mouth and prove it.

Your mates  are clearly A$$h0les

My mates are from Manchester. As such, they are Jolly Red Giants, striding godlike across the planet.

Sorry I dont know the exact geography of Liverpool, but the UK is a small place, just basically Manchester and their surroundings, sort of like I know Manhattan but Im not good at Brooklyn.

1 minute ago, Yagoda said:

My mates are from Manchester. As such, they are Jolly Red Giants, striding godlike across the planet.

Sorry I dont know the exact geography of Liverpool, but the UK is a small place, just basically Manchester and their surroundings, sort of like I know Manhattan but Im not good at Brooklyn.

They do not "stride godlike" when they come to liverpool,  they creep around in the shadows like little bitches

• Haha 1