King Charles: Australia's Future as a Republic Rests with Its People

Social Media

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't remember the exact details, but the terms of the referendum were couched in such a way it would have taken something like a 75% vote in favor of becoming a republic to get up.

Surely you can do a web search and find details of that ?

Then post a link to those claims ?

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I don't remember the exact details, but the terms of the referendum were couched in such a way it would have taken something like a 75% vote in favor of becoming a republic to get up. That was not going to happen with many Australians still wanting to tug the forelock to Liz.

Howard carried on the Menzies tradition of British to the bootheels. The Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports was quite vomitous in his servility.

Abbott presumably is still hoping for a knighthood. Knighting Prince Philip was when the whole of Australia laughed and cringed simultaneously.

Not rigged then. 

Seems the rules were clear.

17 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Not rigged then. 

Seems the rules were clear.

So the referendum fails if 74% vote in favor of a republic?

You have weird ideas about what is not rigged.

Please explain to me the relevance of Britain to Australia. Hint: Trade with the UK is 1.2% of Australian imports and exports.

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

So the referendum fails if 74% vote in favor of a republic?

You have weird ideas about what is not rigged.

Please explain to me the relevance of Britain to Australia. Hint: Trade with the UK is 1.2% of Australian imports and exports.

The referendum failed. It would have failed if a simple majority was needed. 

The question us not regarding trade do the second part of your comment is inane.

8 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

The referendum failed. It would have failed if a simple majority was needed. 

The question us not regarding trade do the second part of your comment is inane.

Lay off the booze, it's affecting your typing skills.

So you cannot explain the relevance of the UK to Australia, then.

4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I'm not on the booze.

You appear to be as you think there is some hidden agenda. 

If you are not on the booze, I'd suggest some proofreading before you post.

No hidden agenda, Howard was quite open about what he wanted, along with his fellow bootlickers.

Still waiting for your explanation of the UK's relevance. I won't hold my breath.

Every time we have a visit from Charlie or his disreputable sprogs, it costs the Australian taxpayer a fortune. P!ss off is my reaction.

40 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If you are not on the booze, I'd suggest some proofreading before you post.

No hidden agenda, Howard was quite open about what he wanted, along with his fellow bootlickers.

Still waiting for your explanation of the UK's relevance. I won't hold my breath.

Every time we have a visit from Charlie or his disreputable sprogs, it costs the Australian taxpayer a fortune. P!ss off is my reaction.

Not the same reaction as the majority of voters in the referendum.

You keep banging on about relevance. The article is about a ceremonial head of state. I suggest, when you sober up, you read some history books.

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

Not the same reaction as the majority of voters in the referendum.

You keep banging on about relevance. The article is about a ceremonial head of state. I suggest, when you sober up, you read some history books.

As I have not consumed alcohol for about 18 months, your sledge is wide of the mark.

My guess is you are one of the forelock tuggers that emigrated to Australia, and brought your outdated allegiances with you.

History says the Americans got tired of British exploitation, and told the Brits to p!ss off. So did India, more peaceably.

Time Australia grew up, obviously you can't.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

As I have not consumed alcohol for about 18 months, your sledge is wide of the mark.

My guess is you are one of the forelock tuggers that emigrated to Australia, and brought your outdated allegiances with you.

History says the Americans got tired of British exploitation, and told the Brits to p!ss off. So did India, more peaceably.

I've never even been to Australia. So, you're way off there.

I've been stating facts. Nothing about allegiancies, outdated or not.

I've never even been to Australia. So, you're way off there.

I've been stating facts. Nothing about allegiancies, outdated or not.

You have not stated a single justification for having a British head of state for Australia.

You've never been to Australia, why are you so interested? You're afraid of running out of colonials to look down on?

It's allegiances. One "I", not two.

41 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You have not stated a single justification for having a British head of state for Australia.

You've never been to Australia, why are you so interested? You're afraid of running out of colonials to look down on?

It's allegiances. One "I", not two.

The referendum. That's the justification. That's why it's interesting. 

I don't look down on anyone.

However, those that think they know how a whole nation thinks, make me laugh.

As for my typos, a apologise. I'm on a gand held device. The keyboard is quite small for my fat fingers.

44 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its King Charles land , he owns Australia he can go anytime he like and for how long for .

He can kick Aussies out if he wants to 

As a baiting post, that's a pretty pathetic effort.

I think you'll find Chuckles only comes to Australia by invitation.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's not all about trade. Relations between the two nations are good as far as I can see: 

"AUKUS is a trilateral security partnership between Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States intended to "promote a free and open Indo-Pacific that is secure and stable."[1] Initially announced on 15 September 2021, the partnership involves two lines of effort referred to as pillars.[2][3] Pillar 1 focuses on Australia acquiring nuclear-powered attack submarines and the rotational basing of US and UK nuclear-powered attack submarines in Australia.[4] Pillar 2 entails the collaborative development of advanced capabilities in six technological areas: undersea capabilities, quantum technologies, artificial intelligence and autonomy, advanced cyber, hypersonic and counter-hypersonic capabilities, and electronic warfare; and in two broader functional areas: innovation and information sharing"

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

The referendum. That's the justification. That's why it's interesting. 

I don't look down on anyone.

However, those that think they know how a whole nation thinks, make me laugh.

As for my typos, a apologise. I'm on a gand held device. The keyboard is quite small for my fat fingers.

When did I say I knew how all Australians think?

I remember the tour of 1954, when schoolkids were dragooned into standing at roadsides, some passing out from fatigue and heat.

That's when I decided the whole royalty shtick was antiquated BS.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

As a baiting post, that's a pretty pathetic effort.

I think you'll find Chuckles only comes to Australia by invitation.

You know every well that intentionally misspelling peoples name will result in post removal .

Lefties seem to be unable to follow any rules at all . 

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's not all about trade. Relations between the two nations are good as far as I can see: 

"AUKUS is a trilateral security partnership between Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States intended to "promote a free and open Indo-Pacific that is secure and stable."[1] Initially announced on 15 September 2021, the partnership involves two lines of effort referred to as pillars.[2][3] Pillar 1 focuses on Australia acquiring nuclear-powered attack submarines and the rotational basing of US and UK nuclear-powered attack submarines in Australia.[4] Pillar 2 entails the collaborative development of advanced capabilities in six technological areas: undersea capabilities, quantum technologies, artificial intelligence and autonomy, advanced cyber, hypersonic and counter-hypersonic capabilities, and electronic warfare; and in two broader functional areas: innovation and information sharing"

IIRC Australia will be shelling out $360 BILLION for secondhand submarines. How many drones for naval and land warfare would that money buy?

The Americans must regard us as absolute suckers for a bad deal.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Australia has been independent from Britain since the 1901 Constitution.Until at least 1950 the majority of Australians considered themselves British, though entirely independent of the UK.The link has inderstandably weakened in the last half century with most new immigrants less influenced by cultural ties with the UK. The ANZACs of whom Australians are justly proud would have no time for your attitude and the boorish way you express yourself. The royal link will be terminated at some point which is entirely natural.But with most Australians it will be done with respect and affection.

"Abbott presumably is still hoping for a knighthood. Knighting Prince Philip was when the whole of Australia laughed and cringed simultaneously."

I think you will find even the monarchist faction was thinking he's lost the plot.

Abbott emigrated to Australia when he was 13 yo. He's never really been Australian, even when he was wearing budgie smugglers. IMO a British quisling.

3 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Australia has been independent from Britain since the 1901 Constitution.Until at least 1950 the majority of Australians considered themselves British, though entirely independent of the UK.The link has inderstandably weakened in the last half century with most new immigrants less influenced by cultural ties with the UK. The ANZACs of whom Australians are justly proud would have no time for your attitude and the boorish way you express yourself. The royal link will be terminated at some point which is entirely natural.But with most Australians it will be done with respect and affection.

I doubt the ANZACs who lost their lives due to British incompetence in WW1 would agree with you.

There's a statue of Douglas Hague in Whitehall. Only the British could commemorate a person who was one of the worst butchers in military history.

Tell me why Australians should respect and have affection for a dysfunctional family, harboring serial adulterers and a pedophile.

Boorish? As someone else said, you can't handle the truth.

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Have you always been faithful to your Wife ?

Ever played away from home ?

Yes I have. However, I am not in the public eye. I am not supposed to lead by example.

I can also say I have never wished to be a tampon, as the current monarch has.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Yes I have. However, I am not in the public eye. I am not supposed to lead by example.

I can also say I have never wished to be a tampon, as the current monarch has.

Not supposed to lead by example?

Your family must be so proud.

Not supposed to lead by example?

Your family must be so proud.

My son is like me, we have our values.

They don't include listening to sanctimonious bigots who have no idea of our circumstances.

So you are as pure as the driven snow? Never indulged in hanky panky?

15 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

He didn't say that at all .

He joked that it would  just be his (bad)  luck if he got reincarnated as a tampon 

IIRC his discussion with Camilla ( while he was still married to Diana ) went beyond the tampon thing. Something along the lines of in and out.

Camilla is a very good example of carefully curated public opinion.

Perhaps you can post the transcript, I can't be bothered.

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My son is like me, we have our values.

They don't include listening to sanctimonious bigots who have no idea of our circumstances.

So you are as pure as the driven snow? Never indulged in hanky panky?

I'm not the one suggesting I don't have to lead by example just because I'm not in the public eye. Sounds like double standards.

Just like name calling because of a difference of opinion. 

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IIRC his discussion with Camilla ( while he was still married to Diana ) went beyond the tampon thing. Something along the lines of in and out.

Camilla is a very good example of carefully curated public opinion.

Perhaps you can post the transcript, I can't be bothered.

Why can't you just look things up on the internet ?

The whole conversation can be found online within seconds .

"As revealed in the actual transcript (shared by TIME), Charles told Camilla he wished he could live in her "trousers," so as to be close to her at all times. She retorted that the prince could be reincarnated as "a pair of knickers," to which he joked that, knowing his "luck," he'd end up as a tampon instead."

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/a41913184/tampongate-true-story-the-crown-season-5/