Haven't been to Thailand in 11 months and still feeling nervous about re-entry...

In 2023 I spent about 5 months total with a mixture of tourist visa and visa exempt (+ extensions)

I left in November 2023 and haven't been back since. In that time I've been to Vietnam, Laos, Philippines and most recently spent 3 months in Japan, which is where I will be flying from.

....yet I'm still feeling nervous about my upcoming trip flying into Suvarnabhumi, entering visa exempt (60 days).

Irrational PTSD perhaps, but should I be alright given the length of time out of the country?

17 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

What caused you traumatic stress?  After a year, no issues.

Being sarcastic on the PTSD front, but the last time I entered, the lady did call her supervisor over and gave me a bit of shtick about my visits (which was what prompted me to make sure I stayed away for this length of time). They did let me in, but obviously that incident has caused me to overthink the situation a bit!

Edited by farangoid
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, farangoid said:

In 2023 I spent about 5 months total with a mixture of tourist visa and visa exempt (+ extensions)

I left in November 2023 and haven't been back since. In that time I've been to Vietnam, Laos, Philippines and most recently spent 3 months in Japan, which is where I will be flying from.

You will have zero issues entering Thailand visa exempt.

BTW currently provides 60 day stamp.

Be aware the airline at departure may require onward flight within the 60 days

I've spent 5 - 6 months in Thailand every year for many, many years using only visa exempts.  The only exception is a whole year I was here during covid.

I entered Thailand again about a month ago with no issues after a few months away.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, raz0r21 said:

It´s normal to have that feeling. I always feel very anxious about flying here. Everything would be so much easier if there were some clear rules. 

No it's not normal for someone to have that feeling when they've spent only 5 months in Thailand in last 2 years. Being out of Thailand last 11 months he'll have zero problems on visa exempt.