New Kitchen Install

carlyai

Looking for recommendations for mob to install new kitchen cupboards. 

I know usually expensive, but can you work out the approx. cost by m2 of installation?

Initial thinking of L shape against the kitchen walls.

We have a 30 year old renovated kitchen, but time to make new to rent/sell the property.

In the Pattaya area just near the Caddie Shack.

3 minutes ago, mran66 said:

Design yourself with ikea design tool, order from there and have them install. If you can't use their design tool, go ikea store with your kitchen drawing and dimensions and they do for you. Good quality at a price I doubt anyone can beat. 

Thank you. Yes was thinking of that.

Can you get them to come out for a look and revommendation first?

Do you get the design tool download from their site?

Edited by carlyai
Edit

I can highly recommend this YouTube channel about IKEA kitchen and their installation.

I designed my IKEA kitchen with their planner and then I watched many videos for tips what to choose and how to install it.

I designed the layout myself and I installed it myself (apart from the stone countertop). The main reason for me to do it myself is to do it correctly. There are just too many possibilities for shortcuts which will be long term problems.

IKEA has a couple of different kitchen series. I used METOD cabinets, they have 25 years warranty.

Hello Home Owners and Ikea Kitchen Installers. (youtube.com)

This is just one of those important videos. If "you" get the basics wrong, then there will be lots of problems.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, carlyai said:

i don't think so, i phoned them and they said i needed to visit them, I went and they were very busy and rushed, 1+ month for fitting, in the end i just bought online and found someone to fit

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, carlyai said:

The design tool is an online tool, no need to install on your computer. I designed few kitchens with it some years ago. 

https://www.ikea.com/th/en/planners/kitchen-planner/

https://www.ikea.com/th/en/customer-service/services/planning-consultation/online-planning-service-pub15b6c560

Seems they may even come see you nowadays. Did not know that. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

i don't think so, i phoned them and they said i needed to visit them, I went and they were very busy and rushed, 1+ month for fitting, in the end i just bought online and found someone to fit

You can make an appointment to talk to them in their shop.

As far as I remember they offer a service that they visit your home. As far as I remember, they charge for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I can highly recommend this YouTube channel about IKEA kitchen and their installation.

I designed my IKEA kitchen with their planner and then I watched many videos for tips what to choose and how to install it.

I designed the layout myself and I installed it myself (apart from the stone countertop). The main reason for me to do it myself is to do it correctly. There are just too many possibilities for shortcuts which will be long term problems.

IKEA has a couple of different kitchen series. I used METOD cabinets, they have 25 years warranty.

Hello Home Owners and Ikea Kitchen Installers. (youtube.com)

This is just one of those important videos. If "you" get the basics wrong, then there will be lots of problems.

I did exactly as you did for my own kitchens, as did not trust any thai to install mine. I recall granite top from Pattaya stone shop was about same price as the melamine from ikea. 

Also made design for a friend and ikea installed for her. She was very happy with the installation service provided. This was about a year ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, something to consider with IKEA, it might also apply to others.

If you want to order all the parts for a kitchen it might be over 100 parts with cabinets, drawers, doors, and lots of other parts.

At the beginning I was not really sure what I wanted and where exactly I wanted to install it. So, I ordered just two base cabinets with legs (no door, no shelves, etc.). Then I placed them in the location where I wanted them, and I could check if I have enough room to walk around them.

Personally, I think doing that in person in your own location is perfect - if you have the time to do that.

Also, later I ordered first all the cabinets and only some doors and drawers. Then, after I installed the basics, I had another look where I want what kind of drawers, which inserts and all that. With the modular IKEA METOD system, it is easy to do that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you want to order all the parts for a kitchen it might be over 100 parts with cabinets, drawers, doors, and lots of other parts.

At the beginning I was not really sure what I wanted and where exactly I wanted to install it. So, I ordered just two base cabinets with legs (no door, no shelves, etc.). Then I placed them in the location where I wanted them, and I could check if I have enough room to walk around them.

Personally, I think doing that in person in your own location is perfect - if you have the time to do that.

Also, later I ordered first all the cabinets and only some doors and drawers. Then, after I installed the basics, I had another look where I want what kind of drawers, which inserts and all that. With the modular IKEA METOD system, it is easy to do that.

The design tool goes long way in helping you to know what you want or don't want as it visualizes your design in 3D. I made full design with it and ordered all main pieces together and no major mistakes. 

But yes it is a lot of stuff so esp if you have space constraints might be good idea to order as you go. But remember that they might suddenly discontinue a door color so would advise order all fronts at one go, even if as last order once frames installed. I had a warranty issue and could not get a replacement door after some time as they had discontinued... Though they offered to give me all doors due to that. I declined though as my issue was minor, did not like what they had at the time and felt a bit lazy to replace all. 

BTW the warranty service is good. 

Edited by mran66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@carlyai if you want to order an IKEA METOD kitchen then I suggest let us know here.

Then I and likely others can give you some more specifics which are not obvious.

But I don't want to make this an IKEA thread if you don't buy one. 

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Also stock levels can be an issue, i had to get several deliveries because not everything was in stock

• Thumbs Up 1

Not in Pattaya yet until November. 

I have got a house plan when I did the second storey extensions, but, like the rest of my 'after retirement filing system' I can't find it. If I can find it I can start working on the measurments.

Thanks everyone for the great knowledge. 🙂