Robert Jenrick Calls for Whole Life Sentences for Grooming Gangs

Social Media

The UK's parole system is generally pretty good.  The reoffending rate is pretty low, 0.5% I believe - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0CPJW85Y1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_d_asin_title_351_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (beware this is a paid-for book, but it is written by a senior parole board member (Rob McKeon, he's been on radio and tv talking about it, so his name is public domain).

Just let them out when they are no longer a threat to anyone.  Same goes for thieves and anyone violent, probably a lot of other categories too.  

The criminal justice system should be protecting the law-abiding public or anyone vulnerable.  It currently is not.  The latest reoffending rate I could find is 37.4% - https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/proven-reoffending-statistics-april-to-june-2022/proven-reoffending-statistics-april-to-june-2022

The parole system seems a better judge of potential reoffending than, well, judges.

• Thanks 1

There have been  protests against the lenient  sentences given to  predominantly Muslim grooming gangs guilty of molesting children  in the UK. 

These sex offenders demand a high moral standard from their own daughters but think nothing of abusing ours. 

• Thanks 2

Jenrick...our very own little Trump......immigrants, criminals, the EU, the ECHR.........run, run for the hills, run for your lives.

As much as I loathe the poor man's BadEnoch I hope she kicks his ass in the election.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Jenrick...our very own little Trump......immigrants, criminals, the EU, the ECHR.........run, run for the hills, run for your lives.

As much as I loathe the poor man's BadEnoch I hope she kicks his ass in the election.

What should be the jail sentence be for gangs of men who serially abuse Children ?

As you are saying that a life sentence is too harsh  what should their jail  sentence be ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What should be the jail sentence be for gangs of men who serially abuse Children ?

As you are saying that a life sentence is too harsh  what should their jail  sentence be ?

Yes you got me.....I think they should be given a rum and raisin ice cream and given a severe telling off......now go **** your own face...... as Musk would say.....and troll someone else.

• Agree 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

The current maximum penalty is 14 years imprisonment, last revised in 2022 when Jenrick was a minister in a Government with an unassailable majority in Parliament.

https://www.judiciary.uk/guidance-and-resources/revised-sentencing-guidelines-for-child-sexual-offences-published/

8 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

What do you disagree with here specifically?  What do you think should be the appropriate sentence for raping a 13 year old child?  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Yes you got me.....I think they should be given a rum and raisin ice cream and given a severe telling off......now go **** your own face...... as Musk would say.....and troll someone else.

No need to be rude and abusive .

You opposed Jenrick in a thread about him wanting a life sentence for groomers . 

Do you agree with Jenricks proposals for life sentences for groomers , if not, what do you think should be a suitable sentence ?

(BTW , could you reply seriously and not with some stupid reply about ice creams )

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No need to be rude and abusive .

You opposed Jenrick in a thread about him wanting a life sentence for groomers . 

Do you agree with Jenricks proposals for life sentences for groomers , if not, what do you think should be a suitable sentence ?

(BTW , could you reply seriously and not with some stupid reply about ice creams )

Jenick is simply trying to out rabid his rabid opponents for leadership of the Tory Party.

The sentence for these crimes was last revised in 2022 when he was a member of the then Government.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Jenick is simply trying to out rabid his rabid opponents for leadership of the Tory Party.

The sentence for these crimes was last revised in 2022 when he was a member of the then Government.

Do you agree with JenRick on this proposal of jailing child abusers for life ?

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you agree with JenRick on this proposal of jailing child abusers for life ?

No I do not.

I do not think the sentencing of any criminals should be determined by a politician using criminal sentencing in pursuit of personal political advantage.

Jenick was in Government the last time the sentencing for these crimes was reviewed, if there is something wrong with the sentencing then he is part of the problem.

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So what should the punishment be for serial child abusers ?\

( JenRick) 

I’ve already linked the actual sentencing guidelines for this crime, as set by the last Government in 2022.

That’s what the sentencing is and should be.

If it needs changing Parliament can do.

Maybe Jenrick could raise a Private Member’s bill to plug his failure to address this when in Government.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve already linked the actual sentencing guidelines for this crime, as set by the last Government in 2022.

Maybe Jenrick could raise a Private Member’s bill to plug his failure to address this when in Government.

Currently some offenders get four years in jail for raping 13 year olds .

That is what you agree with . 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No I do not.

I do not think the sentencing of any criminals should be determined by a politician using criminal sentencing in pursuit of personal political advantage.

Perhaps you should have a word with Two Tier Keir about that. 

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Currently some offenders get four years in jail for raping 13 year olds .

That is what you agree with . 

If you are going to claim I agree with something then you need to provide evidence of me doing so.

I’ll not hold my breath on that.

would like to see all rapists get the maximum sentence according to the sentencing guidelines, if you have any evidence of me saying otherwise please post it.

11 hours ago, Social Media said:

However, some members of grooming gangs receive much lower sentences, sometimes as little as four years, even for horrific crimes such as raping girls as young as 13.

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

^ There 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

^ There 

I notice you quote my response to another post but then deliberately juxtaposition it against something completely different.

Here’s my post back in context of your question I was replying to:

30 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So what should the punishment be for serial child abusers ?\

( JenRick) 

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A little less dishonesty on your part might help.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I notice you quote my response to another post but then deliberately juxtaposition it against something completely different.

Here’s my post back in context of your question I was replying to:

A little less dishonesty on your part might help.

It wasn't dishonesty at all . 

You stated that you agree with the current sentencing and that it doesn't need to be changed and I gave an example of the current sentencing 

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It seems you’ve lost the ability to construct an argument and are now relying on ripped memes.

You are the one pretending not to know who Starmer is in order to avoid responding to the matter in hand.