Why do receipts cost so much?

AustinRacing

On 10/21/2024 at 1:26 PM, AustinRacing said:

Couple of days late for 90 day reporting. IO asks “with receipt 2000, no receipt 1000”. I chose the latter. Makes you wonder is it the cost of the paper or the time to write it up that makes up the 1k? Please advise🫢

1000 goes straight into THEIR pocket

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How could that happen when the IO would have provided him with a slip advising of the next reporting date?

Well if he got that...then he got the only "receipt" he needs (at a B1000 discount) and the OP is total nonsense. Was never clear from the get-go regardless. 

On 10/21/2024 at 1:26 PM, AustinRacing said:

Couple of days late for 90 day reporting. IO asks “with receipt 2000, no receipt 1000”. I chose the latter. Makes you wonder is it the cost of the paper or the time to write it up that makes up the 1k? Please advise🫢

You don´t understand this. You are a true hero, saving the rain forest. For that, you got 1k discount.

A friend have stopped do them, he has to go abroad about every 120 days, and every time he come back he must do his first 90 days report in person, it does not work online and after he try online its usually to late to send by post. So he always had to go or send someone to immigration. 

He simply skip doing them, it resets every time he come back from his trips anyway. only thing he need to keep  track of is leaving the country and come back when its less than 90 days before he must renew the VISA

They really should fix it so you can do the first after a trip abroad online also.

Set a reminder on your iPhone to repeat every 90 days, set it a week before the report is due.

Then do the 90-day report online, it does not work every time as due to typical Thai nepotism a nephew of some politician probably wrote the website that handles the reporting, which means you have a week to try a few times to report online if it does not work first time, you will get a receipt, print it out and keep it in your passport. 

I am going to go to the UK for a month from next week.

My next 90-day report is due in December after I get back.

I will try and do the usual 90-day report online from that due date instead of 90 days after I get back as it might be accepted online, I will see what happens. 

I doubt if anyone is checking these things, it is just a means of generating money and creating jobs.

It is the same with the re-entry visa, I have already proven where I live, have money to live on, etc while getting the one-year visa extension, and so when I went to get the re-entry visa I had to show some of the same things again, no new information, it was 1000 baht for the three officers sitting in front of me for thirty seconds 'work'. 

3 minutes ago, JamesPhuket10 said:

I will try and do the usual 90-day report online from that due date instead of 90 days after I get back as it might be accepted online, I will see what happens.

I believe I tried this one time, didn't work. Had to wait the 90 days from arrival and go there.

7 minutes ago, JamesPhuket10 said:

IIRC - The online application asks for the date when you last entered Thailand. What will you answer?