Where Can I Get My Digital Camera Repaired?

Asiacat

Can anyone give me any recomendations for digital camera repairers in Pattaya?

I have a problem with the screen of my camera and have taken it to a couple of camera shops who have told me they only sell cameras rather than repair them.

Anyone know of anywhere?

We might be able to help you if you tell us what brand of camera you are trying to repair.

Typically, each brand will have it's own service centre which is usually in BKK, but not always.

Some local dealers will send the camera away for repair for you, others won't. Depends on the brand.

So....

We might be able to help you if you tell us what brand of camera you are trying to repair.

Typically, each brand will have it's own service centre which is usually in BKK, but not always.

Some local dealers will send the camera away for repair for you, others won't. Depends on the brand.

So....

It's a 3 year old Sony Cybershot.

There is a Sony Service Centre on Sukhumvit Road. If you are travelling South along Sukhumvit past the Pattaya Klang turn off, it is on your left. I can't remember whether it is before the Pattaya Tai turning or after it, but it is very well sign posted in English.

Well from my experience - cheaper/same price in most cases to buy a new one. :o

Fair enough if it's a minor fault and they can give you a fairly prompt evaluation and estimated timescale & cost so that you know what order of costs you're looking at - you can always decide afterwards if it's worth waiting or just getting a new one. I've got very little patience admittedly and if I had the dosh I'd just go out and get a new one (but I can't cos I'm skint and spend all my available funds on beer chang and live on mama noodles).

Someone I knew once had a broken camera, Also something to do with the screen showing up all dark green and white.. Took it to a few Camera shops and they said they can't fix them, the only thing they can do was send it to bangkok and it would have been about 4,000 baht and would take months. Maybe better off just to buy a new one if you cant have it fixed in Pattaya, since the price to fix and the price to get a new one isn't much different!

Central Lab on Pattaya Second Road, near intersection with Pattaya Klang (coming from South Pattaya right hand side).

Fixed my camera after I was sent there by a camera shop owner in Tuk Com. When I brought my camera to Central Lab, they quoted me a price, I agreed and next day it was fixed.

Works fine and repair only was 1600THB if I remember correctly.