90 days report by post

Hi all,

My ex can't manage to get her 90 days report accepted online.

Always came up as rejected.
For this reasons, she travelled to Chaeng Wattana to do it in person. Filled exactly the same infomations on the form and accepted without any problem.

4 weeks ago, for her and our daughter, I did it by post. Copy of passport, copy of last 90 days report, TM 47 competed etc.
Letter addressed at immigration office CW, inside an envelope with her address and stamp applied.
This letter was send "signed for".
Photos taken of all documents including envelope.

3 days later, envelope was received by immigration and signed for.

Now it is already 4 weeks and still nothing back. Any idea of how long it will usually take?
What happens if they don't send  a 90days report confirmation back?

Thank you

12 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Now it is already 4 weeks and still nothing back. Any idea of how long it will usually take?

I also deal with CW and use mail option.

Granted due to frequent travel out of Thailand I don't require file TM47 often.

Seems at CW they don't even process reports till after due date.

Assume you post 15 days prior to due date so 4 weeks + is possible.

If you eventually end up reporting in person show the record of your post via mail. 

The fine should be not enforced. 

17 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

inside an envelope with her address and stamp applied.

I think there is a requirement for EMS postage on the return envelope, so 37 baht.

Did your stamps total 37 baht or greater?

(I know the immigration website still says 10 baht.)

And it also says...

Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=1666

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I also deal with CW and use mail option.

Granted due to frequent travel out of Thailand I don't require file TM47 often.

Seems at CW they don't even process reports till after due date.

Assume you post 15 days prior to due date so 4 weeks + is possible.

If you eventually end up reporting in person show the record of your post via mail. 

The fine should be not enforced. 

Thanks DrJack54

18 days before due date, I posted the envelope to CW.

As said, 4 weeks gone by, no response.

Question is: if nothing received, how to do the next 90 days? Again by post, assuming it's 90 days on top of the last due date or going to CW in person and if they want to charge a fine, showing them prove that the last one was sent in by post.

Thanks

Just now, bamnutsak said:

I think there is a requirement for EMS postage on the return envelope, so 37 baht.

Did your stamps total 37 baht or greater?

(I know the immigration website still says 10 baht.)

And it also says...

Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=1666

I paid something like 40 baht (don't remember exactly). I read about the 10 baht but the girl at the post office was well aware as she sees a lot of foreigners to post letters to CW and she said that's something like 40 baht.
Now just sit and wait. If not feedback from CW, next 90 days in person and showing them all prove that the last one was sent by post (in case they want to apply a fine).

Thank you

19 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Now just sit and wait. If not feedback from CW, next 90 days in person and showing them all prove that the last one was sent by post (in case they want to apply a fine).

Correct plan.

24 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

if nothing received, how to do the next 90 days? Again by post, assuming it's 90 days on top of the last due date or going to CW in person and if they want to charge a fine, showing them prove that the last one was sent in by post.

Won't be able to do next one via mail

Would need to be done in person

57 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

I paid something like 40 baht (don't remember exactly). I read about the 10 baht but the girl at the post office was well aware as she sees a lot of foreigners to post letters to CW and she said that's something like 40 baht.

Thank you

How to pay for EMS on the SASE?

And: mark the return letter with the letters "EMS"?

1 minute ago, Lorry said:

Main envelope with all paperwork (TM47, all copies and another  self addressed  envelope was sent to immigration office).
Inside this letter was a self-addressed letter with stamps applied. Return envelope not EMS. Just stamps applied.
I already did this a few years ago for myself and always got my envelope sent back to me by immigration office.
As for my ex, her online 90 days report didn't work last time. She went to do it in person at CW office. This time, decided to do it by post. Still waiting for return envelope.

31 days passed already since posting the envelope.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Lorry said:

With stamps totaling 37 baht.

20 minutes ago, Lorry said:

I used to do this when I applied by mail.

I/we used to purchase an EMS sticker (for return tracking) but Imm started applying their EMS sticker over it.

Imm/CW uses EMS. I think there is a large-ish Thai Post facility within the building.

Four weeks was not unheard of back in the day, most recommended a visit in the six/eight week timeframe if no return receipt.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1