Community Shield

R123

I thought the game was scrappy and bearly worth watching.

Over the 90 minutes I reckon Chelsea looked the better and more balanced side, despite playing many reserves and not being able to score in the penalty shoot out.

Man U have many "passengers" in their team: Giggs over the hill and the likes of Fletcher etc etc just not up to standard.

Can't see them winning anything this year.......

Over the 90 minutes I reckon Chelsea looked the better and more balanced side, despite playing many reserves and not being able to score in the penalty shoot out.

Man U have many "passengers" in their team: Giggs over the hill and the likes of Fletcher etc etc just not up to standard.

Well what a strange statement as if you had been watching a little closer you may have noted they won the shield yesterday

As a strict neutral with a preference for neither side, I quite enjoyed the game. Manchester United's goal was very well worked and Chelsea's goal was well worth the wait too. Overall, not a bad curtain-raiser. Seen much worse in the past.

Anyone who believes that Manchester United won't be involved in this season's race for the title is kidding themselves or a Liverpool fan.

I thought it was a well balanced match. Ronaldo got turned insideout by Essien on one occasion, and by himself on another couple, but he didn't do badly. I didn't hear Ferdinands name mentioned until he got mugged for our goal, and then again when he scored a penalty. Giggs is the Cliff Richard of football, and still one of my favourite players. Evergreen. Looks like he could go on forever. For once Brown played football. I thought maybe Rooney was the best player on the pitch though, even though I can't stand him. No-one shone for Chelsea, except Wright-phillips. But he did his normal of forgetting to deliver what he had been carrying. I was expecting a little more from Glenn Johnson, as he has been superb lately. All in all though, I think Chelsea can be proud holding United with the team they had.

For being probably the best keeper in the world , Petr Cech is not that good at saving pens is he :o , semi final of the champiopns league against Liverpool and last nights game against the mancs he has yet to save 1 pen.

Maybe he needs to watch Pepe Reinna a bit more :D:D .

Sorry, which game was you watching?

For an opening game I didn't think it was too bad at all. Thought that United looked to have more of a cutting edge going forward then Chelsea, and although Chelsea were not a full stregnth neither were United.

If Giggs is a passenger then I'm sure that there are plenty of teams in the prniership qho wouldn't mind him travelling with them. Okay, he's a ;ittle bit older , but I can still see that he will still play an important part in this seasons campaign. Yeah, you've got me on Fletcher, although as soon as I start criticising him he normally then scores a goal or has a good game.

In the end I just don't see that Ferguson will tolerate passengers, period.

I'm going to assume that the OP is either a red or a blue.

Edited by mrtoad

I can as well when Teves turns up. He is awsome.

West Ham fan,can`t stand united.

There's only one United fella. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rI0thoSPjQ...ted&search=

There's only one United fella. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rI0thoSPjQ...ted&search=

:o