Foreigner Wrecks Chiang Mai Stall After Smoking Ban Warning

webfact

2 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:
7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

His colourful language

Yelling at Thais to F Off in the street was probably worse than the smoking to be honest.

It is somehow acceptable back home, but really offensive to Thais.

Agreed.... offensive to anyone around....

And.. If you can understand Thai, you'll also identify how colourful their language very often is. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I have been a fan for years. 

I used to read it when driving my truck before moving here.

With one eye closed of course, 'cos you couldn't see clearly while pished up, driving, reading the forum on your phone.... 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed.... offensive to anyone around....

And.. If you can understand Thai, you'll also identify how colourful their language very often is. 

Not the Thais I associate with.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What danger was he putting others in, apart from them breathing in his, very diluted, smoke?

None whatsoever , however the same cannot be said for the two shrieking fish wives, all it takes is a couple of hot headed Thai blokes to get wind of the situation and within minutes it could turn into a  five or more  onto one beating. It certainly would not be the first time  

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The vendor grabbed a bucket of water and threw it towards the man. 

Songkran starts earlier every year 🙄 

Too bad it wasn't boiling water if he was destroying their stall and threatening them.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

He's trying to be a wise-ar$e disowning his previously 'claimed' British nationality...  due a recent spate of negative articles about Brits poor behavior.... 

... At some point we'll see a few articles about Canadians drug smuggling or doing something negative and he'll switch allegiance to Moroccan perhaps... 

Yes, a very aggressive member to say the least. Come on Malcolm, send me a PM.

• Like 1

Just now, Ohyesuare said:

Songkran starts earlier every year 🙄 

Too bad it wasn't boiling water if he was destroying their stall and threatening them.

Permanent disabilty for just smoking?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

Which is why I am now Canadian. Who don’t have such a reputation as us, the Americans and the Australians.

Is it possible to change just like that?    Don't you have to "transition" or something first?

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

None whatsoever , however the same cannot be said for the two shrieking fish wives, all it takes is a couple of hot headed Thai blokes to get wind of the situation and within minutes it could turn into a  five or more  onto one beating. It certainly would not be the first time  

Which serves as a very good reason to 'keep your mouth shut' while out in public.

Many who find themselves in trouble in Thailand often do so because they fail to control their mouth and argue with the wrong people in the wrong area.

They're naively ignorant of how readily a situation can escalate to a boiling point in just a split second.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Obviously, less so in verbal conflict as Thai's have that 'trigger tendency to go from zero to enraged' in a split second'... 

more bigoted nonsense and whataboutism 

What would Bua Loy think of you?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

The lynch mob is certainly getting fired up over this one.   Five year bans , life bans. and  now calls for what would basically amount to a summary execution.  No mention of him being hung,drawn and quartered though ...yet

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Which serves as a very good reason to 'keep your mouth shut' while out in public.

Many who find themselves in trouble in Thailand often do so because they fail to control their mouth and argue with the wrong people in the wrong area.

They're naively ignorant of how readily a situation can escalate to a boiling point in just a split second.

Spot on, It doesn't make any difference to the Thais if they understand what you are saying or not,  Raising ones voice, waving ones arms around and a whole host of other mannerisms  that may seem relatively innocuous to other westerners can be akin to a red rag to a bull, Some Thais are very easily triggered especially in groups, and some are just looking for an excuse.  Virtually never one on one though, as they consider that foolish

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Not in Canada.

we are all inclusive over here.

So you are over there now?

Did you have to learn French?  or is that optional?

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:
11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Obviously, less so in verbal conflict as Thai's have that 'trigger tendency to go from zero to enraged' in a split second'... 

more bigoted nonsense and whataboutism 

There is a certain degree of irony in you using the word 'Bigot'... 

...   especially when it was you yourself who pointed out that this guy was lucky he wasn't in Soi 6 (Pattaya) as the Brians Security boys (Thai Security) there would have given him a filling in.....   

... Yep... Trigger ego's who'll snap very easily.... 

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

I hope they venture down to soi 6 in Pattaya. Brian’s security boys will give them a good seeing to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

The lynch mob is certainly getting fired up over this one.   Five year bans , life bans. and  now calls for what would basically amount to a summary execution.  No mention of him being hung,drawn and quartered though ...yet

The Thai women he attacked chose not to press any charges.

It would be nice if he showed the same sort of good spirit and went and apologized to the women.

Bit of a wai, some flowers and a basket would be a nice gesture.

Thais are very forgiving people. They would probably reciprocate and give him some free bua loy.

BUa LOyyyyyy

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MalcolmB said:

The Thai women he attacked chose not to press any charges.

The British Man attacked the Thai women now ????.... 

I'm wondering what BS you'll make up next....

There is no video, no evidence of the Brit attacking the Thai women - there is video of them throwing water on him... and him [the Brit] using bad language.... 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is a certain degree of irony in you using the word 'Bigot'... 

...   especially when it was you yourself who pointed out that this guy was lucky he wasn't in Soi 6 (Pattaya)

If I had of been there I would have stuck his head up his arse.

I hate men who bully women and will always help them.

which is exactly what the soi 6 boys were doing when they were given their touch up.

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Edited by MalcolmB
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How did you manage to fall in love with an Aussie bloke ? 

Well, as I recall, you were on speaking terms, or should I say, typing terms with him/her.....😘

So please don't bring me into your fantasies, eh.....:guitar:

• Haha 1

Just now, MalcolmB said:

If I had of been there I would have stuck his head up his arse.

I hate men who bully women and will always help them.

which is exactly what the soi 6 boys were doing when they were given their touch up.

The standard you walk past is the behavior you accept.

Yeh, riiiiightt..................🤣

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Smoking near a gas cooker, ignoring clear english signs and warnings not to, flicking the lit cigarette at the people and in the area of the gas afterwards, damaging the stall etc... If that's just smoking to you, ok. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hindy said:

Where does it say he is English?

I guess you didn´t hear him in the video, right. I actually saw he was British already in the first picture. It´s the special stance, that exists nowhere else.

Not anything bad about all, but it´s easy to spot the bad ones.

• Haha 1