Mitch McConnell is right about Trump

Berkshire

I don't agree with Mitch McConnell about much of anything.  But he knows Trump better than most in MAGA world.  Some excerpts from his new book....

[Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell delivered a scathing assessment of the modern Republican Party in an upcoming biography, saying the “MAGA movement is completely wrong” and that Ronald Reagan “wouldn’t recognize” the party today.]

[“Trump is appealing to people who haven’t been as successful as other people and providing an excuse for that, that these more successful people have somehow been cheated, and you don’t deserve to think of yourself as less successful because things haven’t been fair,” he said.]

[The Kentucky Republican did not mince words, calling Trump a “sleazeball,” a “narcissist” and saying that the former president is “stupid as well as being ill-tempered.” He added that Trump is “not very smart, irascible, nasty, just about every quality you would not want somebody to have.”]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mcconnell-says-maga-movement-completely-225105784.html

• Love It 1

21 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Too late for that now. When the time was right to denounce Trump. And convict Trump in the senate McConnell closed rank  and quimmed, with the rest of the cowards 

Yeah, can't argue with that.  McConnell probably contributed the most to Trump's legacy.  Those 3 conservative judges on the SCOTUS couldn't have happened without him.  But I was struck by his comments relating to the MAGA-types, i.e., "people who haven’t been as successful as other people and providing an excuse for that..."  That's pretty much what MAGA is about, victimhood. 

• Agree 1