Cvt gearbox oil change,filter or similar also?

sanook 1

48 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

About to leave the car at shop for a cvt gearbox oil change,is there an oil filter(or similar)to be changed at the same time with the cvt oil change?

Yes there should be....p.s. what car and what CVT fluid are they using and how much they are charging you?

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as I know there is no external filter on a CTV box, it is inside and requires the bottom pan to be removed to clean it properly, having said that I have never seen them do that even at the Main dealership. I have mine changed every 30K to be on the safe side aka every 3rd engine oil change.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

As far as I know there is no external filter on a CTV box, it is inside and requires the bottom pan to be removed to clean it properly, having said that I have never seen them do that even at the Main dealership. I have mine changed every 30K to be on the safe side aka every 3rd engine oil change.

Thanks! My thought also,that there is no mandatory filter change as in the engine oil replace. 

8 hours ago, sanook 1 said:

Thanks! My thought also,that there is no mandatory filter change as in the engine oil replace. 

Do you have the manufacturers schedule? If there is no filter change/cleaning in the maintenance schedule, do not mess with it. 

If the pan does not need to be removed to drain it, don't let them remove it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you have the manufacturers schedule? If there is no filter change/cleaning in the maintenance schedule, do not mess with it. 

If the pan does not need to be removed to drain it, don't let them remove it. 

Good advice,Thanks!

23 hours ago, brianthainess said:

You are wrong....there`s an external one as well as internal on the Ciaz....same as my Nissan Sylphy CVT

• Thanks 1

As far as I am aware most...if not all CVT transmissions have both external and internal filters...the external one should be changed at every CVT oil change 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

As far as I am aware most...if not all CVT transmissions have both external and internal filters...the external one should be changed at every CVT oil change 👍

Well thanks for that but I did say as far as know, but I have just checked and my Nissan juke does have the same filter, Obviously the Nissan dealers I have been to, have never changed one as I have never been charged for it. The only time I go to Nissan is for oil changes as it's logged on their computer. I will now check on Lazada and buy a couple of them, as I do with air and cabin filters at the tenth of the price from Nissan.

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Well what a big difference in price 'Genuine Nissan' 299b......Non genuine Same Part Number just 39b.  (of course Nissan do not make filters, just their logo on the box)

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Well thanks for that but I did say as far as know, but I have just checked and my Nissan juke does have the same filter, Obviously the Nissan dealers I have been to, have never changed one as I have never been charged for it. The only time I go to Nissan is for oil changes as it's logged on their computer. I will now check on Lazada and buy a couple of them, as I do with air and cabin filters at the tenth of the price from Nissan.

parts with prices for nissan cars, march, almera , juke, kicks, as well as mitsu mirage

Ns3 oil 4lr -2000thb 315263jx3a -85thb round cvt external filter o ring

317263xx0a – 305thb round external filter, internal filter and gasket -  bit.ly/3ZtRKM1