How to send money from Greece to Thailand

My sister, living in Greece wants to send me a personal gift of money. 

At first she asked me if she could send me a cheque, that I guess would be in GBP or EUROS but I think that simply won't work.

She doesn't have a PayPal or Wise Account and I have advised her not to use Moneygram or Western Union as the amount ( I am not sure how much) is likely to involve plenty of expense.

My first suggestion to her is to contact her bank in UK or in Greece to tell them what she wants to do and if they can handle it!

I know there are Members here that send money from their respective countries to Thailand from time to time so I appeal to them to offer the best way they believe is successful.

I thank you in advance.

Chris

5 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

My sister, living in Greece wants to send me a personal gift of money. 

At first she asked me if she could send me a cheque, that I guess would be in GBP or EUROS but I think that simply won't work.

She doesn't have a PayPal or Wise Account and I have advised her not to use Moneygram or Western Union as the amount ( I am not sure how much) is likely to involve plenty of expense.

My first suggestion to her is to contact her bank in UK or in Greece to tell them what she wants to do and if they can handle it!

I know there are Members here that send money from their respective countries to Thailand from time to time so I appeal to them to offer the best way they believe is successful.

I thank you in advance.

Chris

The easiest way is via a SWIFT bank transfer, depending on the amount it maybe the cheapest option.

However setting up a wise account is not difficult and for smaller amounts is probably the cheapest.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The easiest way is via a SWIFT bank transfer, depending on the amount it maybe the cheapest option.

However setting up a wise account is not difficult and for smaller amounts is probably the cheapest.

Thank you for that suggestion - I will follow that up