Samut Prakan City Manager Slams Pattaya Fans as ‘Low-Class,’ Disbands His Own Team

Georgealbert

IMG_7391.jpeg

In a stunning turn of events, Samut Prakan City FC manager, Lagakorn Chanramanee, lost his cool following a tense 0-0 Thai League 2 match against Pattaya United, publicly condemning a segment of Pattaya’s ultra fans and harshly criticising his own team’s supporters. Moments later, he announced his decision to disband the club, sending shockwaves through the Thai football community.

The incident took place after the October 26th match at Customs Ladkrabang stadium, leaving Samut Prakan City in 16th place on the league table with only 10 points after 10 games. Following the game, a fiery interview clip was posted on Samut Prakan City’s official Facebook page, capturing Lagakorn’s intense remarks.

“The game was entertaining from both sides, and I want to thank the coaching staff of both Pattaya and Samut Prakan for their hard work,” Lagakorn began, commending the efforts made on the field.

However, his tone shifted as he described post-game interactions, recounting how his players, while thanking the Pattaya United ultras, were allegedly met with offensive insults targeting their families and backgrounds.

“I consider this behavior disgraceful,” he said. “I’m not condemning all Pattaya fans, but I’m denouncing these individuals who have no place in football.”

Lagakorn then turned his criticism toward Samut Prakan’s self-appointed head cheerleader, “Pee Odd,” accusing him of undermining team morale. Lagakorn defended his players and staff, placing responsibility for the recent tension on certain fans from Pattaya.

Lagakorn’s outburst and the unexpected announcement to disband Samut Prakan City have sparked widespread debate and concern, raising questions about the club’s future and the influence of fan behaviour in Thai football.

Picture courtesy of Samut Prakan City’s official Facebook page.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-27

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

met with offensive insults targeting their families and backgrounds.

Happens a lot in Pattaya. 

Calling someone’s mother a prostitute has been an insult in many countries for centuries.

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

Happens a lot in Pattaya. 

Calling someone’s mother a prostitute has been an insult in many countries for centuries.

Calling someone's mother a prostitute happens a lot in Pattaya. Not an insult for most though, just money talk. 

Edited by mran66
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Did you get arrested............?  :unsure:

I love the way your life is so meaningless that you follow me around to spew some gibberish and an emoji