Transfer Of Visa Stamps To New Passport

I have a retirement visa expering in November and issued by Phuket immigration.

I recently moved from Phuket to Udon Thani and en-route renewed my passport at the British Embassy in Bangkok.

I received the new passport together with the cancelled old one a few days ago. I took these to immigration at Nong Khai and asked them to transfer the stamp to my new passport.

The first problem was that they would not accept my new passport without an authorised letter from the British Embassy. Luckily I obtained a notorised letter from them regarding my income and this seemed to satisfy them.

The next problem was that theywould not transfer the visa stamp and that I would have to return to Phuket immigration to get this done. This is quite a trek from Udon Thani and this whole process is becoming very expensive.

Has anyone else had a similar experience. I'd appreciate any comments.

Welcome and TIT. Why do we have immi's spread all over the country, if they do not do their job?

I have nowwhere read as yet that I have to do my visa matters in the region I live, but such a message also tells me that it is best to have everything

done at Suan Plu in Bangkok.

Welcome and TIT. Why do we have immi's spread all over the country, if they do not do their job?

I have nowwhere read as yet that I have to do my visa matters in the region I live, but such a message also tells me that it is best to have everything

done at Suan Plu in Bangkok.

Thanks for the reply gzu8u8by.

It would be a bonus to have this done in Bangkok as it would halve my round trip. However they told me at Nong Khai that even Bangkok immigration could not do this transfer. Only Phuket. Do you think I've been mis-informed?

Gammy, no immigration office will transfer the visa stamp to the new passport, but any immigration office should be able to transfer the validity of an extension of stay to the new passport, not just the office that issued the extension. I suggest you call the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok to ask for clarification.

--------------

Maestro

Gammy, no immigration office will transfer the visa stamp to the new passport, but any immigration office should be able to transfer the validity of an extension of stay to the new passport, not just the office that issued the extension. I suggest you call the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok to ask for clarification.

--------------

Maestro

Many thanks for that Maestro

--------------

Maestro

Absolutely correct my teacher. And sometimes, we also ask to much or are misunderstood due to the language barrier to have immigration something done. This is of course very frustrating and costly. Unfortunately, that is the way how bureaucrats work, therefore let them do or in this particular case transfer whatever they want...

post-24939-1186471010_thumb.jpg

I also strongly recommend you try at Suan Plu, Sathon, Bangkok.

I have recently had an Australian Passport renewed and today went to Immigration at Central Lat Phrao (Bangkok northern suburbs) for the transfer to be done “fill in form” “we do not require passport photos or a letter come back at 2 o’clock”

2 o’clock - “Sorry you will have to go to Suan Plu”

I got a new passport some years ago and then I got a letter from my embassy where they asked the immigration to help me transfer my visa into my new passport. I went to Immigration in BKK to get it done and no problem.

Good luck!

:o:D:D