No Passport - Can I Fly To Phuket

In theory anything official that has your mug shot (i.e. credit card, home country driver licence, international driver permit) should be OK.

But I wouldn't gaurantee anything. TIT  :o

in 2002 I was in a similar situation (flight to Chiang Mai) - no original PP but had copies of all pages, this together with my old German ID card (booklet actually) which had expired over 10years ago, was acceptable to the airline people.

Just have something official with your photo and name.

opalhort

OT, but I once showed a domestic gas bill to a customs official in Roumania who demanded to see my travel visa in that country. Working on the assumption that he could understand no English, I showed him this gas bill. He looked at it closely for about 30 seconds and then gave me the ok :o

(Strange but very true story ..., although no help whatsoever to you Johnny k)

Hi - my passport is in with the rest of the stuff to get my work permit sorted. I recall seeing that for domestic flights you still need ID. Would anything else do - can I explain the situation & still fly ?

Thanks

No flight without adequate ID Johnny. Same all over the world nowdays.

Last year, I used my national ID card from Sweden, and my former student card. They were fine with that. I would give it a go if you have some credentials with your name and photo on them.

You could also ask for a written explanation from the authority that currently has your passport.