Spanish Condo (on Or Near Arunothai)

theseveredhead

i recall when this place went in, i thought it located on/near sukhumvhit but when i was walking on arunothai today i saw a sign for the place. can anyone comment??i also see building going past arunothai - as if looking further down the road and over the trees, anyone know about that?looking for a cheap condo...thanks

Condo runs from Suk all the way to Arunothai. I think originally access was only from Sukhumvit. It was moribund for some years but when Pattaya condo prices started going up someone revived Spanish Place and there's been an on-going rehab of the buildings, most of which were never sold at the initial offering. I had a quick look at the show models over a year ago and if I was in the market for a condo of that size and price range, I'd give them a second look. You'd need a motorcycle at the very least for transport.

Just found their website Spanish Place Condo which is complete with a Google Earth view.

-redwood

Edited by redwood13

As already mentioned, the Spanish condo has its main access on the Sukhumvit road between the Pattaya tai ( south Pattaya) raod, and the Central Klang (Central road) on the beach side of the Sukhumvit.

It also now has a rear access from Soi Arunothai. Soi Arunothai starts on the Central klang opposite Carrefore. It goes past Shagwell mansions and ends up becoming Soi 46 on the Sukhumvit.

The Spanish condo rear access is after 500 meters Shagwell mansions coming from Carrefore.

These condos were semi derelict for a long while, and have now been refurbished.

worth a look I would think.Advert outside on the Sukhumvit mentions 20,000 Euro's.

Directly opposite Shagwell mansions on Soi Arunothai is the Nirun Grande Ville. This has 6 blocks of 6 storey studio condos, and one block of bigger studio condos of 14 floors at the back end.

If your looking for cheap condos in that area it would be worth you looking to see if they meet your needs whilst your in the area.

Good hunting.

Mike

Edited by bottleymike

• 1 year later...
The rooms here are 28 square meters each , is it really possible to live like that ?

mook,you use the term" here "as if you live there so you should know whether its possible to live like that or was that a cry for help or even suicide note :o

i think they are 28 sq m plus balcony overlookin..............ermmmmmmm ....not a lot.

seriously i quite like spanish condo,theres no shops on ground floor or people hanging about,easy access from suk(for airport trips etc) or arunothai,close to carrefour,2 pools (just been renovated)......and the rooms are quite nice,the ones that have been done up.

i used to look at spanish condo many yrs ago as i drove past and always thought it was an expensive place to buy,i didnt even know they hadnt all been sold and was an old place......i like the layout and it hasnt all been crammed together as theres plenty of grass around.coud do with a small restaurant though i think as if i lived there i would get bored of having to go walkabout or on bike to get a bite everytime(about every 2 hr in my case!!)

thats the end of my sales spiel.......no i dont work or even live there.

and to answer your question mook,the view talay 1 project has rooms of similar size and is overun with farangs living there so it cant be all bad.....maybe a ladys company would takes there mind off the size of the room.

My Thai wife and I own a single condo in Spanish Place. She bought it 3 years ago on her own when they were just starting the rehab of the place. We rent it out and it's quiet and comfortable for our renter. Away from the noise and hub bub of Pattaya and still close to everything.

Yes 28sqm plus the balcony is small. Some rehabs are set up with two rooms adjoining so it makes a nice place and the prices are acceptable for what you get.

The main entry and sale office are on Suk with a rear entry/exit into soi Arunathai

The rooms here are 28 square meters each , is it really possible to live like that ?

Depends on your needs ,and what you can afford to spend .I have a small Condo in Jomtien ,and have fitted a hide-a-bed ( king size bed ) that folds away in a cabinet when not in use .This gives much needed extra room .

Working abroad for over thirty years, I haved lived in everything from a shared container to a luxury mansion. Currently I am living in Vietnam in a room about that size, including shower/toilet.

On my own (mostly) it is liveable, but I do know that I will be returning to my family in Pattaya with our own 3-bed house.

So it really depends on your outlook and circumstances. I have been perfectly comfortable in that size of apartment, but I do work, go out in the evenings, so on. If I had nothing to do but look at four walls it may be different.

To another poster - the Spanish Place web-site says there's a Euro-restaurant at the main entrance, so may not be too far to walk. And going down to Soi Arunothai - you'll find plenty to eat. Both on premises and take-away.