Math Tutoring

Goinghomesoon

My grade four daughter needs math tutoring to catch up with her class here, are there any places in Bangkok that run math tutoring classes in English? Her teacher didn't know of any.

Most kids I know go to Kumon but it is a very different method of teaching to international schools. The focus is on repeating strategies again and again so the child remembers what to do, but in my experience they often don't actually understand what they are doing.

• 1 month later...

In case anyone else is interested I finally got around to locating Kumon & setting up classes. The following centres have math tutoring sessions in English.

1. Sukhumvit 50 Center Tel. 02-715-9722

2. Samyan (Chula 42) Tel. 02-611-9568

3. Kumon pramuan (Central silom) Tel. 02-234-1599

Cost is Thb 3852 for 3 months tuition of 3 hours per week. At Silom classes are scheduled Mon-Fri until 6pm and Saturday until 5pm.

My grade four daughter needs math tutoring to catch up with her class here, are there any places in Bangkok that run math tutoring classes in English? Her teacher didn't know of any.

Hi. Back in the UK I worked as a Nanny and the girl I looked after went to Kumon. We had to go to the Kumon centre once a week where she completed some work and dropped off/picked up her homework for the week- we were usually in and out in 20 minutes. She had to do a little homework every day, usually it was done in less than 10 mins. Very repetitive, but it did the job! Her grades really improved as she got more and more confident. They encourage the children to work things out with as little adult help as possible. I'd recommend it. I'm sure you'd be able to find a Kumon instructor who speaks english.