30 Day Extensions - Why Bother ?

Hello . i don't understand why holders of multi entry non immi o ( or B ) visas pay 1900 baht to the immigration service for a 30 day extension to each 60 day entry stamp.

When its possible to get a 60 day stamp as many times as you want by crossing the nearest border. its cheaper. Although i have to admit i live near a border and own a car. But am i missing something ?

1. A non immigrant O or B visa receives a 90 day stamp. They can not be extended for 30 days.

2. You receive a 30 day visa exempt stamp at a border - not 60 days.

3. You live near the border and have a car but also say you are in the UK and will visit on a Hull visa in October.

4. Are you missing something?

i'm sorry , ive gone and got the multiple entry non immi o visa confused with a multiple entry Tourist visa , haven't I !

I guess its possible to live on tourist visas for so long it becomes the norm.

Yes I am currently in the UK as you pointed out and returning again to Thailand in October . This time with a multi entry non immi O . So now I understand i get 90 days x 4 . Which actually saves even more money , so i'm pleased i asked the question . I suppose if i can get around the 40,000 baht income requirement , then i can extend at the end of the fourth 90 day entry - by 12 months ?

Thanks for putting me straight !

Hello . i don't understand why holders of multi entry non immi o ( or B ) visas pay 1900 baht to the immigration service for a 30 day extension to each 60 day entry stamp.

When its possible to get a 60 day stamp as many times as you want by crossing the nearest border. its cheaper. Although i have to admit i live near a border and own a car. But am i missing something ?

Believe me, from most places (I'm in Pattaya), car or no car, heading down to the local Immigration Office for an extension sure beats a full day trip to the border and back.

...I suppose if i can get around the 40,000 baht income requirement , then i can extend at the end of the fourth 90 day entry - by 12 months ?

If you are married to a Thai and if you can show evidence of minimum 40,000 Baht monthly family income – your income, your wife’s income, or a combination of both – you qualify for an annual extension of stay. Make your application 3-4 week before the expiration of your 90-day permission to stay.

--

Maestro

i'm sorry , ive gone and got the multiple entry non immi o visa confused with a multiple entry Tourist visa , haven't I !

I guess its possible to live on tourist visas for so long it becomes the norm.

Yes I am currently in the UK as you pointed out and returning again to Thailand in October . This time with a multi entry non immi O . So now I understand i get 90 days x 4 . Which actually saves even more money , so i'm pleased i asked the question . I suppose if i can get around the 40,000 baht income requirement , then i can extend at the end of the fourth 90 day entry - by 12 months ?

Thanks for putting me straight !

The multi entry allows up to 90 days on each entry - you are not limited in the number of entries.

Extension of stay the first time will be from date of entry on your current permitted to stay until stamp - so is about nine months.