Beware Of Road Safety!

Lioneric

I saw the page where one of the Australian man having motorbike accident and needed blood urgently ,It remind me one of the Pattaya guide book,which tell us every year tourist die in road accident is about the same amount that killed in Bali bombing.

Should we set a forum which inform tourist about road safety in Thailand,example we are drive on right handed side,beware of monkeys crossing when you are in Island and don't drive when you are drunk etc.

Some useful information which maybe safe a life in the future is better then we pray 100 times.

I saw the page where one of the Australian man having motorbike accident and needed blood urgently ,It remind me one of the Pattaya guide book,which tell us every year tourist die in road accident is about the same amount that killed in Bali bombing.

Should we set a forum which inform tourist about road safety in Thailand,example we are drive on right handed side,beware of monkeys crossing when you are in Island and don't drive when you are drunk etc.

Some useful information which maybe safe a life in the future is better then we pray 100 times.

It is not that simple. You are trying to use Logic and logical thinking,,LOGIC is a word not in the Thai language.

They will sometimes obey the written laws,and sometimes not,they do not understand them and if they do ,then they will still do as they want at that time,if they are making a move,they are prone to change thir mind half way thru and do something different.

So to be fairly safe, Never think that you know what they are going to do, Just because you are in a turn lane or safety zone,do not ever think you are safe. and just because there are policemen there does not mean that the written law will be obeyed.

It is not that simple. You are trying to use Logic and logical thinking,,LOGIC is a word not in the Thai language.

They will sometimes obey the written laws,and sometimes not,they do not understand them and if they do ,then they will still do as they want at that time,if they are making a move,they are prone to change thir mind half way thru and do something different.

So to be fairly safe, Never think that you know what they are going to do, Just because you are in a turn lane or safety zone,do not ever think you are safe. and just because there are policemen there does not mean that the written law will be obeyed.

KevinN

I'm beginning to agree with a lot of what you write.

I hope it's not an irreversible condition :o

LOGIC 'wots that' :D

Not that many foreigners die in Thailand according to the Thai government. The embassies provide different figures but these figures are farang figures..

Better use your own brain than depend on the Thai statistics. Most embassies do have some travel advice for Thailand by the way and warn for driving without driver's license, drunk driving, motorbike accidents etc.

I've seen the statistics of one Samui hospital last year and it was very interesting, more than 80% of the Thais had no drivers license at the time of the accident, farang were 'exemplary' here with only approx. 60% driving without license. Most deadly accidents could have been avoided by wearing helmets. It's all very logical but strangely enough the type of foreigners that visit Thailand often doesn't understand basic logic.

good advice, you're all alone in traffic and the most important rule in Thailand is forget what you've learned at home. It doesn't work like that here, police often endanger people in traffic by creating traffic jams in bottle necks, standing after bridges to stop motorbikes while cars are driving past.

some irritations; cars that want to make a U-turn on a three lane road 'park' on the middle road and wait to get a chance to turn right to the U-turn. They could have taken the next u-turn but that'll cost some more petrol, it's then better to create dangerous situations for other people.

Cars using U-turns and think that they can make it before the traffic gets there. They probably hope that the oncoming cars have good brakes, their Buddha images on the dashboard signal that they might be in need of some good luck. :o