The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

good luck mr bj, its all about timing , youve had youre dodgy spell, perhaps its youre time!!

Cheers rijit. We have a massive 6 pointer today, against Gillingham.

Come on the Dale :)

Good luck for The Dale, and through gritted teeth Exeter.

Hope that Torquay will be back in the league soon.

AND I WAS WRONG !!! TRA LA LAH AND I WAS WRONG TRA LA LAH AND I WAS WRONG TRA LA LAH

going up going up going up going up GOING UP GOING UP

2454 city fans there today sounded <deleted> amazing

congrats to everyone, torquay included

Yep congrats Riijt, must be a right relief Supporting 2 Clubs as if one's not doing very well, you can always look out for the other... :)

Millwal V Leeds over 2 Legs in League one, a scary thought...

Yep congrats Riijt, must be a right relief Supporting 2 Clubs as if one's not doing very well, you can always look out for the other... :)

thats right, at last uv got the hint as a west ham fan ur in the correct thread :D

Yep congrats Riijt, must be a right relief Supporting 2 Clubs as if one's not doing very well, you can always look out for the other... :D

thats right, at last uv got the hint as a west ham fan ur in the correct thread :D

You stalking me again ?? :D

I'd love to have a night out with you, i bet you're a right laugh, you're sense of humour is relentless.. :):D

Congrats to your Exeter lads,rijit. :)

So next season you will be welcoming the likes of Southampton and Norwich to your place.....and quite possibly Leeds and Millwall as well !!

Good luck to Rochdale in the play offs,mr bj.I reckon you will be playing Bury at Wembley.....bet they have never sold 80,000 black pudding,pie and peas there before !!

Good luck to Rochdale in the play offs,mr bj.I reckon you will be playing Bury at Wembley.....bet they have never sold 80,000 black pudding,pie and peas there before !!

:)

And London will think there's a war breaking out, with the clatter of 80,00 pairs of Cloggs :D

• 1 month later...

After just missing out on the play-offs Tranmere Rovers sacked Ronnie Moore.

and today they replaced him with..........

John Barnes... :D

Not sure about that one after seeing what he did at Celtic, perhaps he has leaned a few things in the West Indies. :)

More here :-

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...er-1705679.html

"Go the Trannies"

Edited to add link

Edited by LeungKen

Apparently Tranmere found new investors who would invest on the condition that Barnes was appointed manager, or something like that.

Can't see it working but at least they can now sing "we're singing for Tranmere, Tra-n-mere"

After just missing out on the play-offs Tranmere Rovers sacked Ronnie Moore.

and today they replaced him with..........

John Barnes... :D

Not sure about that one after seeing what he did at Celtic, perhaps he has leaned a few things in the West Indies. :)

More here :-

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...er-1705679.html

"Go the Trannies"

Edited to add link

Ronnie Moore is a footballing God, I wish he would come back to Manage the Millers, Mark Robins is great but I think he will be gone soon too many big clubs after him(thought he'd have gone to Norwich before now). Ronnie for Rotherham

Hey guys, where's our manners? Let's give a big hearty welcome to the Lower League thread, Newcastle and Middlesbrough fans :D

Yes how rude of us, Welcome to you both :D

make yourselves comfortable.......you will be here quite some time :)

Signings are on the way now.....McGoldrick yesterday from Southampton hopefully will be the first of many :)

smashing player he is, spotted by malcolm elias, same chap who picked out walcott and bale. you should get surman off them as well if you can.

hi guys

that division 1 looks really really competitive, not so sure that I fancy Exeters chances. But who knows

We surprised everyone last season, including ourselves may I add, so never say never.

we've got a nice easy opening game, just to get in the swing of things, away to leeds!!!!

anyone else got any tasty opening fixtures ?

• 3 weeks later...
Troubled Newcastle suffered further embarrassment as they went down to a humiliating defeat at Brisbane Road.

With no takeover imminent, no manager in place and the entire squad up for sale, the Magpies fell behind to Jimmy Smith and Sean Thornton's penalty.

Joey Barton pulled one back but further goals from Scott McGleish, Tamika Mkandawire, Ryan Jarvis and Harry Baker completed a miserable afternoon.

6-1

:D

Afterword

They're staging a game for The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation tomorrow at St James' Park, and I'm led to understand that they're charging the charity for use of the ground. Nice :)

I think this will be common practice in the not too distant future. From the bbc sport:-

Oldham in Dale groundshare talks

Neighbours Oldham and Rochdale have held informal talks about the possibility of groundsharing.

League One side Athletic approached Dale about the idea and the League Two outfit are considering the matter.

Latics managing director Simon Corney told BBC Radio Manchester the idea is at a very early stage.

"At the Football League chairmen's gathering, I had a very informal discussion with Rochdale about the possibilities and reasons," he said.

"I don't think it is just us," he added. "I think it is several clubs in the lower leagues and they were talking to their neighbours to see if it would make sense to move in together.

"Everyone is aware Liverpool and Everton have spent many years discussing it. They openly admit it would make sense but whether it is feasible for them to do is another story.

"We're not looking to move to Rochdale, I don't think Rochdale are looking to move to Oldham. It could even be Stockport and Oldham.

"But if the opportunity arose for two clubs who are struggling in the lower divisions to get a brand new facility, why not explore it."

Oldham's Boundary Park is only 6.4 miles away from Rochdale's Spotland home.

Its a shame when this happens, im sure the supporters don't like it. Rotherham had to move towns last season just to survive and friends from home say its not the same. Like you say MrBJ probably going to be a regular thing now unfortunatley for the smaller clubs.... :)

hi guys

that division 1 looks really really competitive, not so sure that I fancy Exeters chances. But who knows

We surprised everyone last season, including ourselves may I add, so never say never.

we've got a nice easy opening game, just to get in the swing of things, away to leeds!!!!

anyone else got any tasty opening fixtures ?

Yes we (Millwall) have - away to Southampton, televised on sky.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but settled for here as I didn't really think it belonged in the Burnley thread.

I found it in "The Guardian" (of all places) and thought it might raise a smile.......

It's from "It's Sir Alex to you in Premier League's Upstairs Downstairs"

The solution is clear: the FA must produce a Premier League etiquette guide. Might I suggest a variation of the classic Frost Report sketch on class, which starred John Cleese, Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett – but which might with only a little effort be adapted as an instructional video starring Ferguson, Mark Hughes, and perhaps Burnley's Owen Coyle, wearing respectively the bowler hat, pork pie hat, and cloth cap.

Ferguson I look down on him [indicates Hughes] because I am a big club.

Hughes I look up to him [Ferguson] because he is a big club; but I look down on him [Coyle].

Coyle I know my place. I look up to them both. But I don't look up to him [Hughes] as much as I look up to him [Ferguson], because he has got innate breeding.

Ferguson I have got innate breeding, but I have not got as much money as him [Hughes].

Hughes I still look up to him [Ferguson] because although I have money, I am vulgar. But I still look down on him [Coyle].

Coyle I know my place. I look up to them both; but while I am poor, I am honest, industrious and trustworthy.

Hughes We all know our place, but what do we get out of it?

Ferguson I get a feeling of superiority over them.

Hughes I get a feeling of inferiority from him, [Ferguson], but a feeling of superiority over him [Coyle].

Coyle I get a pain in the back of my neck.

Well quite. The FA is urged to rush this one out, or face complete social breakdown by Christmas.

The whole article here :-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ju...ter-city-united

I wasn't sure where to post this, but settled for here as I didn't really think it belonged in the Burnley thread.

I found it in "The Guardian" (of all places) and thought it might raise a smile.......

It's from "It's Sir Alex to you in Premier League's Upstairs Downstairs"

The solution is clear: the FA must produce a Premier League etiquette guide. Might I suggest a variation of the classic Frost Report sketch on class, which starred John Cleese, Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett – but which might with only a little effort be adapted as an instructional video starring Ferguson, Mark Hughes, and perhaps Burnley's Owen Coyle, wearing respectively the bowler hat, pork pie hat, and cloth cap.

Ferguson I look down on him [indicates Hughes] because I am a big club.

Hughes I look up to him [Ferguson] because he is a big club; but I look down on him [Coyle].

Coyle I know my place. I look up to them both. But I don't look up to him [Hughes] as much as I look up to him [Ferguson], because he has got innate breeding.

Ferguson I have got innate breeding, but I have not got as much money as him [Hughes].

Hughes I still look up to him [Ferguson] because although I have money, I am vulgar. But I still look down on him [Coyle].

Coyle I know my place. I look up to them both; but while I am poor, I am honest, industrious and trustworthy.

Hughes We all know our place, but what do we get out of it?

Ferguson I get a feeling of superiority over them.

Hughes I get a feeling of inferiority from him, [Ferguson], but a feeling of superiority over him [Coyle].

Coyle I get a pain in the back of my neck.

Well quite. The FA is urged to rush this one out, or face complete social breakdown by Christmas.

The whole article here :-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ju...ter-city-united

Please.... this is a lower league thread, not a lower class thread

people on this thread generally are real FOOTBALL fans, and not into inane dribble.