The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Has he gone Toady / Chavy? Haven't seen it reported anywhere yet.

As for the Mighty Dale. Another victory :D

Yes Mate, reported on the BBC that he's been fired.

I just hope they pick a manager with a good name, that Chavy can take the p1ss out of, when it goes wrong :D

With that in mind, I bring you Forests new manager......

post-31474-1230363940_thumb.jpg

Stefan Kuntz

:o:D

No more need be said. Chavy will be happy with that choice :D

Edited by mrbojangles

mr bj,good result for Rochdale gets them back in a play off spot.

Yep looking good :o

By the way I'm in Chaiyaphum for a couple of days next week......are you there or still in Saudi at the moment ?

I'm in Rochdale for this week, go back to Saudi in 4 days. Hopefully back to Thailand in March

• 2 weeks later...
Has he gone Toady / Chavy? Haven't seen it reported anywhere yet.

As for the Mighty Dale. Another victory :wai:

Yes Mate, reported on the BBC that he's been fired.

I just hope they pick a manager with a good name, that Chavy can take the p1ss out of, when it goes wrong :D

With that in mind, I bring you Forests new manager......

post-31474-1230363940_thumb.jpg

Stefan Kuntz

:D:D

No more need be said. Chavy will be happy with that choice :D

I could really play about with that one Toady !! Never mind, Billy 'no mates' Davies will soon be going through it :o

• 3 weeks later...

Macclesfield Town had a great win over second placed Brentford 2-0.

Macc have signed a striker from Nottingham Forest on loan called Emile Sinclair who seems pretty useful.Have you heard of him Chavy ?

Sadly,Rochdale were defeated 3-2 by play off rivals Dagenham & Redbridge.

Luton drew at home with Bradford 3-3 to secure their first point of the season after 26 games ! (30 point deduction by the FA). They are 20 points away from safety and looking certain to be playing their local derby against Stevenage in the Conference next season.

Macclesfield Town had a great win over second placed Brentford 2-0.

Macc have signed a striker from Nottingham Forest on loan called Emile Sinclair who seems pretty useful.Have you heard of him Chavy ?

Sadly,Rochdale were defeated 3-2 by play off rivals Dagenham & Redbridge.

Luton drew at home with Bradford 3-3 to secure their first point of the season after 26 games ! (30 point deduction by the FA). They are 20 points away from safety and looking certain to be playing their local derby against Stevenage in the Conference next season.

Emile Sinclair is going to be a star mate. He's been banging the goals in for Mansfield just lately & last season was on loan at Brentford, I think. I hope he does well for you lads, he's a cracking player.

Kaka at Spotland :o that should have his old man confused even more MrBJ !!

I see Forest won yet again last night.....Billy Davies,wot a guy.....youll be heading for the play offs if this keeps up ! :o

Rochdale won and Macc earned a decent point against table topping Wycombe.

Yeah we beat Notts County at Spotland 3-0 :D

One point from the play off position and a game in hand.

I look out for Colchester - now my local team.

But still have a soft spot for Exeter and always watch for their results. Sorry Toady. :D

Don't worry, my old man is an Exeter fan, so you can imagine the disagreements that we have :o

you should always take notice of you father, they generally have good sence , and f-----------c though ide left all u gullabillies behind in the uk. still with half a team of ex city players, you may stand a chance this season, seems to be going well for you at the mo

From skysports:-

Aldershot 2 - 4 The Mighty Dale

Thompson stuns Shots

A first-half hat-trick from winger Joe Thompson allowed Rochdale to record a 4-2 victory at Aldershot.

The 19-year-old completed his haul inside the first 34 minutes with Ciaran Toner also on target before the break.

Shots substitute Marvin Morgan and a Scott Davies penalty got the hosts back in the game but they could not ruin Thompson's dream day.

The opener arrived after 17 minutes when he was left unmarked to head in Nicky Adams' corner, and Thompson had a second six minutes later when he took advantage of Anthony Charles' awful defending to sweep home from close range.

He then made a mockery of the Shots' superb home form to complete his haul with another header from an Adams cross. This was before Toner made it four on the stroke of half-time when he let fly from 25 yards.

Gary Waddock's men rallied after the break when Morgan converted Kirk Hudson's cross from close range after 75 minutes.

Dale defender Nathan Stanton was sent off four minutes later when he chopped down Morgan in the box and Davies slammed in the resulting penalty.

I must admit to not having taken too much notice as to the bottom of the second division. I've just noticed Luton Town are on 2 points after 28 games :D That's got to be close to a record.

I'm going to really stick my neck out here and predict they'll go down :o

I've just delved a tad more on Luton and their fans haven't been waiting as long as me (Man City) for silverware. They were League Cup winners in 1988. Where did it all go wrong? :o

It started to go wrong When they ripped up the plastic pitch!!

and its been a slippery slope ever since

I've just delved a tad more on Luton and their fans haven't been waiting as long as me (Man City) for silverware. They were League Cup winners in 1988. Where did it all go wrong? :D

plus the powers that be we're as bent as an ex Pm :o doesn't help their situation.

I've just delved a tad more on Luton and their fans haven't been waiting as long as me (Man City) for silverware. They were League Cup winners in 1988. Where did it all go wrong? :D

plus the powers that be we're as bent as an ex Pm :o doesn't help their situation.

What they did imo wasnt terrible. but the league has its rules and thats that. think that Luton were probably no more bent than a lot of other clubs, just unlucky and got got caught. plus having Mike Newall , deciding to relieve himself of his insider knowledge didnt help.

And the exeter march on!!! anyone get a chance to see exeters !st goal, it was quality 35yrd sort of volleyed chip over the keeper, Class!! not bad for the guys Ist goal as a pro footballer!! Exeter are bac.

just seen this http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_-xkC_SgDgE apologies for the quality.

:o Not an Exeter fan. :D

Rijit, I've actualy watched loads of games at St James Park as my old man is a fan, but it's Torquay for me. Nice to see them doing well, and kudos to the Exeter City youth development section which is top notch. Mike Radford has done a brilliant job on that over the years. Top bloke.

And the exeter march on!!! anyone get a chance to see exeters !st goal, it was quality 35yrd sort of volleyed chip over the keeper, Class!! not bad for the guys Ist goal as a pro footballer!! Exeter are bac.

just seen this http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_-xkC_SgDgE apologies for the quality.

:o Not an Exeter fan. :D

Rijit, I've actualy watched loads of games at St James Park as my old man is a fan, but it's Torquay for me. Nice to see them doing well, and kudos to the Exeter City youth development section which is top notch. Mike Radford has done a brilliant job on that over the years. Top bloke.

agreed, Exeter are at last going in the right direction. since its been made a trust its worked well, esp with this manager, he is v good and totally suited to the clubs general ethos.hes has started to put together a really really very good bunch of players.Dont be surprised to see us go further in the foresee able future. Youre old man must be made up. As for plainmoor, spent many a happy afternoon there as a kid, you have had some great players. and Im glad things seem to be going all right for you at the mo with Buckle, though the attendances arnt all that and may be bit of a worry if and when you get back in the league, i say if , cos its a nightmare league to get out off!! But when you do wow, its such a relief.

• 2 weeks later...

You never know what Macc team is going to turn up.

They have had some shocking beatings this season....not just twice by Exeter !

Darlington H 0-6,Shrewsbury A 0-4,Wycombe A 0-4 but then theyve beaten Port Vale twice 4-1 and 3-1,Chesterfield A 4-2 and second placed Brentford 2-0.

They are 30 points clear of Luton,15 points clear of Bournemouth,10 points clear of Grimsby and 9 points clear of Barnet so I'm not sweating......yet ! :o

sorry macclad there nothing more frustrating than knowing they can do it but dont !!!!

but back to blowing our trumpet, I know its boring but ive had to put up with a life time of shit from Exeter so when its good, its oh oh ssooooooooo goood

yes yet another impressive win for the Exeter against dear dear old aldershot!

apparently a really exciting game, thanks for nothing match live!!!!

One has to hand it to the lads after sounding v=comfortable at 1-0

then going 2 -1 down with 15 -20 mins to go , against a big strong defense

I feared the worse, heads could have dropped. but the manager switched it around and, got it spot on. as per .

That boy Saunders getting the winner with another stunner this time a 25 yard free kick into the top corner. as opposed to his last but one , a 35 yard volley !!

seemingly the start of a roll at the right time.

come on uuuuuuuuuuuuuu redsssssssssssssssssss

Edited by rijit

No worries rijit.Your boys looking good at the moment for at least the play offs !

Macc Town lost at home to a controversial penalty against our neighbours and friends Rochdale.

That result keeps mr bj's automatic promotion hopes alive and maccs relegation fears alive,as well ! :o

No worries rijit.Your boys looking good at the moment for at least the play offs !

Macc Town lost at home to a controversial penalty against our neighbours and friends Rochdale.

That result keeps mr bj's automatic promotion hopes alive and maccs relegation fears alive,as well ! :o

No biggie if we dont get to th play offs macca. thats life. It can wait a season no rush. but its a club with a biggish future, the prem may be a little bit to much, but the championship is a realistic goal. this is not a deluded supporters view, if we were crap and not running well, believe me I woiuld be the first to say. its a trust and it looks and plans to the long term. as whole its got a really nice feel to it. Weve been running a youth policy for the last 5 years or so, even during our non league times when it was costing us a packet, its now coming good, the clubs ethos is excellent and on the back of that, weve picked up a manager, in paul tisdale ex team bath, aka university team, he took them to 6? straight promtions now conferce south , and, I believe, the longest fa cup run ever, and he is well capable of delivering the goods in terms of results he believes in youth ect ect , and to boot ,plays EXCELLENT entertaning football, but its all on the back of a solid foundation set up by the trust. the future is v v rosy. It feels almost to good to be true. hopefully youre season will improve, will keep an eye on youre results.

Edited by rijit

• 2 weeks later...

mr bj and rijit feeling good today,no doubt,as Rochdale are now 2nd and Exeter 5th after yesterdays results.

And Macclesfield,the most unpredictable team in the League,beat high flying Shrewsbury 3-0 to bring to an end their six game winless streak.

Also Rotherham won and,in the Championship,Forest had a great 1-0 win at Reading.

So,everybody happy this weekend ! :o