The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

If I were a Wolves fan I'd be more concerned about Mick McCarthys record as a Premiership manager if they make it into the top flight.......Sunderland ! :o

Agreed, if they do get promoted which looks very possible & they're serious about staying in the Premiership, then they'll have to out Macarthy who just simply isn't good enough to Manage successfully in the Prem, without a doubt..

If I were a Wolves fan I'd be more concerned about Mick McCarthys record as a Premiership manager if they make it into the top flight.......Sunderland ! :o

Agreed, if they do get promoted which looks very possible & they're serious about staying in the Premiership, then they'll have to out Macarthy who just simply isn't good enough to Manage successfully in the Prem, without a doubt..

got to give him the tools to do the job first......Sunderland didn't. Did he manage another prem. team other than Sunderland ? I can't remember.

As regards the Rochdale v Macc controversy,a "totally unbiased" view from the Macc manager,Keith Alexander,who said Macc were worth at least a point ! :D

Besides if Macc would have knicked it then Dale would have been out of the play off positions and we wouldnt want to do that on our near friends and neighbours ! :D

Very neighbourly of you old chap :D

However, when you play Bury. Please don't give them the same courtesy and kick their a55es please :o

got to give him the tools to do the job first......Sunderland didn't. Did he manage another prem. team other than Sunderland ? I can't remember.

I think the only other club he managed was Millwall.

Edited by mrbojangles

Merlin as Mick is known to the faithful, has put together a young squad who play football with ten of them on International duty this week. Not bad from a man with so much bad press.

Championship @#$%^ difficult to get out of. He did it with the plastic Geordies and then was not even allowed to keep the best of what got them there.

He deserves a chance to show what he can do with Mr Morgans little pot of gold. Never forget Morgan, lifelong Liverpool fan, feels snubbed by the " big boys" and is determined to show them what they missed out on under his patronage.

The Mighty Dale 2 - 0 Luton

Upto third now :D

:D I think a few of us are looking forward to seeing Rochdale beat Leeds in League One next season, they might also be playing Notts Forest, if Calderdud keeps up the good work. :o

:D I think a few of us are looking forward to seeing Rochdale beat Leeds in League One next season, they might also be playing Notts Forest, if Calderdud keeps up the good work. :D

Could well be :o I hear Billy Davies is being lined up to replace Calderdud very soon ?? 0-0 bore draw with Donny last night hardly does his cause any good. Problem is, Doughty is so slow to act we'll be relegated before he shakes himself into life !!

:D I think a few of us are looking forward to seeing Rochdale beat Leeds in League One next season, they might also be playing Notts Forest, if Calderdud keeps up the good work. :D

Could well be :o I hear Billy Davies is being lined up to replace Calderdud very soon ?? 0-0 bore draw with Donny last night hardly does his cause any good. Problem is, Doughty is so slow to act we'll be relegated before he shakes himself into life !!

Do you mean we might pass each other on the stairs :D

Do you mean we might pass each other on the stairs :(

whilst your on the stairs, I'll be the one in the plummeting lift, me thinks :D

• 2 weeks later...

Chesterfield 2 Macclesfield Town 4. :o

Friday night football seems to agree with the Silkmen following on from their win at Port Vale in the FA Cup a couple of weeks ago.

Good to get a win after being thumped at Wycombe and being held to a draw by Bury after outplaying them.

Good luck to all our teams playing this weekend.

Rochdale got battered yesterday :D

So did Macc losing 4-0 at home to Dagenham :D talk about inconsistent.

Apparently David Moyes was there with the Everton FA Cup tie only a couple of weeks away.I wonder what he made of it :o

But Rotherham won and chavy should be a happy man today with Forest beating Southampton 2-0 away in the Championship.

Colin Calderwood....wot a star :D

Colin Calderwood sacked as Forest boss after they lose 4-2 at home to Doncaster.

Shame about the timing with it being Xmas but inevitable after that result.

In League 2 Rochdale come from behind to beat Shrewsbury 2-1,a good win for Rotherham but Macclesfield lose 4-1 at Morecambe :o

But I'm not worried.They will be a different team against Everton next weekend in the Cup :D

Well,Forest won their "must win" game ! :D

Calderwood survives for now :o

Only a stay of execution

Calderdud has left the building, so who are you going to have Chavy?

1. Nigel

2. Roy Keane

3. Stuart Pearce

4. Paul Ince

5. Kevin Keegan

6. Jason Lee

7. Paul Jewell :D

8. David Platt (again)

On a serious note, who would you want?

Has he gone Toady / Chavy? Haven't seen it reported anywhere yet.

As for the Mighty Dale. Another victory :D

Yes Mate, reported on the BBC that he's been fired.

I just hope they pick a manager with a good name, that Chavy can take the p1ss out of, when it goes wrong :o

Has he gone Toady / Chavy? Haven't seen it reported anywhere yet.

As for the Mighty Dale. Another victory :D

Yes Mate, reported on the BBC that he's been fired.

I just hope they pick a manager with a good name, that Chavy can take the p1ss out of, when it goes wrong :o

With that in mind, I bring you Forests new manager......

post-31474-1230363940_thumb.jpg

Stefan Kuntz