12 Huddersfield (h)

19 Doncaster (a)

21 Barnsley (h)

26 Watford (h)

MAY

3 Leeds (a)

*Fixtures are subject to change

• 2 weeks later...

Well done to Palace - so that's where Kevin Phillips fetched up!

Speaking as a former adoptee of Sarf London, the cheap side of the river needs a top flight team (yeah - I know - ever since Arsenal left!*).

Holloway reckons they might spend the 120 million quid benefit for getting into the Premier League (is it really that much these days?) on building a bigger ground. Try staying up more than 40 weeks first mate.

*Yes I do know that Charlton is a South London team. Just heading off another dig by Spuds.

You're old enough to have watched them in Woolwich! giggle.gif

Edit: Yes well done to Palace. Shame for Watford.....both good local family orientated clubs.

just wondering how you make watford a 'family orientated 'club? smokes?

Well done to Palace - so that's where Kevin Phillips fetched up!

Speaking as a former adoptee of Sarf London, the cheap side of the river needs a top flight team (yeah - I know - ever since Arsenal left!*).

Holloway reckons they might spend the 120 million quid benefit for getting into the Premier League (is it really that much these days?) on building a bigger ground. Try staying up more than 40 weeks first mate.

*Yes I do know that Charlton is a South London team. Just heading off another dig by Spuds.

You're old enough to have watched them in Woolwich! Posted Image

Edit: Yes well done to Palace. Shame for Watford.....both good local family orientated clubs.

just wondering how you make watford a 'family orientated 'club? smokes? 

Just the impression I got over a few visits a looong time ago.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Were had a shocking winter, going from, topish in sept plummetting to the fringes of the relegation battle, and with strong rumors of administration, thanks to 4 home games postponed on the trot!!!!, leading to tisdale being told he needs to cut his wage bill and consequently top earner alan gow going on loan to bristol rovers w00t.gif The good news is the player tisdale insisted on coming the other way richards has scored 5 in 6 starts culminating in the winner and completing a lengendary double, last night over and at the home of our bitter rivals argylecheesy.gif last was in 93!!!!!, and push's us clear of the drop. Other bit of good news is that yoof is coming thru big style 8 out of the 18 including the bench have come through the ranks at the club and trust me there's some real quality there and plenty more 2 come through.

Were had a shocking winter, going from, topish in sept plummetting to the fringes of the relegation battle, and with strong rumors of administration, thanks to 4 home games postponed on the trot!!!!, leading to tisdale being told he needs to cut his wage bill and consequently top earner alan gow going on loan to bristol rovers w00t.gif The good news is the player tisdale insisted on coming the other way richards has scored 5 in 6 starts culminating in the winner and completing a lengendary double, last night over and at the home of our bitter rivals argylecheesy.gif last was in 93!!!!!, and push's us clear of the drop. Other bit of good news is that yoof is coming thru big style 8 out of the 18 including the bench have come through the ranks at the club and trust me there's some real quality there and plenty more 2 come through.

This is probably the better news for non league clubs right now. The brightest talent will see that youth gets it's chance further down the leagues & will get real playing time so are prepared to start off with the "smaller" clubs

This is probably the better news for non league clubs right now. The brightest talent will see that youth gets it's chance further down the leagues & will get real playing time so are prepared to start off with the "smaller" clubs
interestingly enuf, arguably currently the most succesful prem lge club at producing home grown players, Southampton

Do not loan their yoof out , saying that they believe what they do gives yoof enuf , and with their current track record seems it works for them .

• 1 month later...

Sheffield United will push for promotion next season (as will all other 23 clubs), will be interesting who will be in / out (Matt Hill already been let go).

The season was a bit mad for the Blades, beginning of Feb the club were next to the bottom, yet finished the season in 7th and put in a spirited Wembley appearance too.

Up The Blades

• 5 weeks later...

I would expect Sheff utd will be up with the front runners next season based on the turnaround that Clough has brougt about.

Hes got them playing a style that whilst not open and attractive is effective. They dont concede many, so are hard to beat, A bit of strengthening up front should hopefully see them achieve promotion.

A pity Donny and Barnsley could not hang on in the championship. Would be great to see all the south Yorks sides in the championship togther.

I'll drink to that mate!

Lets hope and see how it goes, by the way it ended at the end of last season it should be good.

N.C. has brought in a few new players, as well as managing to sign last years loan of Ben Davies from Derby.

The other two who were on load (John Brayford - Cardiff and Connor Coady - Liverpool) have returned to their respective clubs. Not sure if would be possible to buy them from these clubs. Our Prince's pockets may help.

Harry Maguire is being lured away by bigger clubs. Wolves have now made 3 bids for him, the last being 2M. I do hope he stays, its not as if Sheffield United are in the position that they have been in for the last umpteen years = SKINT.

Derby County 2014 - 15 Championship Fixtures

AUGUST

9 Rotherham United (h)

16 Sheffield Wednesday (a)

19 Charlton Athletic (a)

23 Fulham (h)

30 Ipswich Town (a)

SEPTEMBER

13 Nottingham Forest (a)

16 Blackburn Rovers (a)

20 Cardiff City (h)

27 Bolton Wanderers (a)

30 Bournemouth (h)

OCTOBER

4 Millwall (h)

18 Reading (a)

21 Blackpool (a)

25 Wigan Athletic (h)

NOVEMBER

1 Brentford (a)

4 Huddersfield Town (h)

8 Wolverhampton Wanderers (h)

22 Watford (a)

29 Leeds United (a)

DECEMBER

6 Brighton & Hove Albion (h)

13 Middlesbrough (a)

20 Norwich City (h)

26 Birmingham City (a)

28 Leeds United (h)

JANUARY

10 Ipswich Town (a)

17 Nottingham Forest (h)

24 Blackburn Rovers (h)

31 Cardiff City (a)

FEBRUARY

7 Bolton Wanderers (h)

10 Bournemouth (a)

14 Rotherham United (a)

21 Sheffield Wednesday (h)

24 Charlton Athletic (h)

28 Fulham (a)

MARCH

3 Brighton & Hove Albion (a)

7 Birmingham City (h)

14 Norwich City (a)

17 Middlesbrough (h)

21 Wolverhampton Wanderers (a)

APRIL

4 Watford (h)

6 Wigan Athletic (a)

11 Brentford (h)

14 Blackpool (h)

18 Huddersfield Town (a)

25 Millwall (a)

MAY

2 Reading (h)

As tough an opener as you could get for the millers at Derby, followed by home games against Wolves and Watford. sad.png

Think it will be a long hard season, but looking forward, it cant come soon enough. smile.png

Hopefully being in the championship will be able to see more games on the telly.smile.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

24 hours after returning from pre season in brazil we exeter,take on swansea at home.lose 2 -0 but interesting part.is out of 22 players used 6 and one trialist havnt come through our youth system. 'you wont win anything with youngsters' was once proved v wrong i'm hoping it will be again. though unfortunatly i doubt it will.this season i'de be very hapi just stay up. though i must say some of these young uns are bloody good footballers.

sat v torquay penultimate warm up game b4 k.o. whilst its good to have a competetitve game not so sure one against our local rivals is such a prudent choise they've just got relegated from our lge.local derby the chanses are it will get a bit tasty, weve been here and it cost us a couple of players for gettin on half a season, opo player a point 2 prove ect ect lets.hope i'm wrong. and alls well.

What a mess the Oystons have made....Feel sorry for any Blackpool fans on heresad.png

Bs7ct5iCcAE-nCe.jpg

Yeah, shame. Apparently they have signed 4 players this week taking their playing squad to 11 w00t.gif

Still no keeper though....Life is gonna be tough for the seasiderssad.png

Archived