Cm Bbq Party At Tuskers

mallmagician

I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Great to meet George and Buckweat and so many faces behind the names. Tuskers/MiltonBentley did a superb job as always along with his sidekick Rachele(Some number I cant remember! Is it 703?)

Anyway,

Thanks everyone for a fab BBQ/Party. Too much emphasis on Yellow raffle tickets, and not enough emphasis on my Blue number 00!

Well done all, great to meet you all, feel free to PM me if you got on with me. F Off if you didn't! :o

Thanks Again

Phil

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now THAT was fun and I am glad I attended. It was great meeting old/new friends and having the opportunity to put faces to the names.

Very well done and my thanks to ThaiVisa, George, Chas and all those who worked so hard to put this together.

Five Stars...

An excellent time indeed and I repeat my thanks to TV and everyone who obviously worked very hard to bring this off in such a classy manner. I didn't win anything but got #69 raffle ticket which is going up with my collection on my fridge.

Did anyone do a head count? To me it looked like only half of the expected people showed up. How many name tags went unclaimed?

Anyway, super party, super food, super people!

Thanks to Chas, Rachel and the super staff at Tuskers for the biggest and best TV BBQ party to date.

The total number of members in attendance was 122 and the total number of beers consumed was 974,318

The Chiang Mai members were super and now the standard has been set for future parties. And a special thanks to Crow Boy and McGriff for their "above and beyond" efforts to make this a success.

Great meeting you all and we are looking forward to the next one!

Please post all comments here.

(All comments so far have been moved to this thread)

The total number of members in attendance was 122 and the total number of beers consumed was 974,318

LOL!!!!

And I agree, excellent party. It's the first time I had Beer Lao in 12 years or so and the first time outside of Laos, but this really IS nice stuff. I wasn't sure if back then it was nice because it was nice or that it was nice because it was like 15 baht for a big bottle. :o

And again it's interesting to see how different people can be from what you'd perceive from online relatively anonymous postings. :D

:o

'Twas an excellent night, only wish I could have met more of you - there's only so much you can do in one night. Already looking forward to next time.

Were you there MS? Bugger if I'd known that I would have sought you out. We got lots to talk about.

Echo that, superb evening! I guess many are still nursing dodgy heads :D Yep, loads of Aussies and all great blokes. And also nice to meet quite possibly the most gorgeous woman I've ever met :o ... apart from the lovely Rachel703 of course.

Thanks to all

Edited by jackr

Careful JackR, that lady happens to be my wife...

I was hoping to meet meadish, peaceblondie and twais from Chiangmai University and I missed all or them. Did meet a couple of decent Yanks and their lovely ladies though and I finally found out what 'ribs' are, great taste but they will never take over from a decent two tooth chop.

I won two tee shirts and then left them in the back of the tuk-tuk on the way home. luckily my wife had engaged the only honest tuk-tuk guy in Chiang Mai, maybe Thailand? and he made an effort to do a U turn and return them to us.

Excellent job by the staff, congratulations all round, and yes, it was a pity about the Kiwis, if only they had left their bloody sheep at home!!

posted earlier this morning but removed somehow

A great BIG thanks to George & Buckwheat of Thaivisa, and of course Chas, Rachael and their wonderful crew @ Tuskers for hosting a wonderful event.

Im sure the ones that registered and didnt turn up,will now be kicking themselves on missing such a great evening.

It was good to see the faces behind those posts. I always thought that George was asian for some reason before seeing him. :D

when all is said and done about this sledging between Australia and New Zealand,

we are proud to be united in times of war, strife and things about,

but come World Cup Rugby this year, we will gladly kick your sorry <deleted> out! :D:D:D

(look out- incoming) :o

post-15912-1187511640.gif

Thanks from me and the missus to everyone involved in making last night such a great party. Well done guys and girls!

Unfortunately for me the missus seems to have developed a taste for Beer Lao as a result of last night so I may have to bring her with me the next time I nip down to Tuskers for a sneaky one or two. It's tough at the top.....

On behalf of my better half, I, too, would like to thank and congratulate ThaiVisa, Tuskers and the crew that made an anjoyable evening just that. Great ribs, cold beer, friendly and interesting people, and sexy pole dancers. (oops!, nix that last one, wrong party :o )

-NaiGreg

Likewise, my apologies and regrets for having missed the entire thing. Where the F is Tusker's anyway? Oh I know, I finally made it all over town, had a burger at Mike's #2, got home and finally found the map. Oh, Soi 1! Heck, I didn't even know there was a soi! I'm usually directionally challenged for the first five years in a new metro area; two more years to go in Chiang Mai, then.

Glad to hear it was so successful. Can we do it again in September, and I'll find the venue next time? :o

Likewise, my apologies and regrets for having missed the entire thing. Where the F is Tusker's anyway? Oh I know, I finally made it all over town, had a burger at Mike's #2, got home and finally found the map. Oh, Soi 1! Heck, I didn't even know there was a soi! I'm usually directionally challenged for the first five years in a new metro area; two more years to go in Chiang Mai, then.

Glad to hear it was so successful. Can we do it again in September, and I'll find the venue next time? :D

For the " directionally challenged".. :D:o

post-31110-1187513853_thumb.jpg

Excellent night :D

and day, I think we finally stopped drinking around 10 this morning, there were a few of us that just ..well carried on :o

Paying for it now though.

Good to put names to faces, great bunch of people.

Thanks to George and Buckwheat for putting ut on...and Chas and Rachel for being such wonderful hosts.

What can I say - what a party guys!

McSpicy and I did the front gate and had the perfect opportunity to go "ahhh right so you are .............."

Big vote of thanks and a cheer for George for putting up the party. For Chas and Rachael for hosting it, for the hard pressed Tusker's staff who had to interpret the vague mutterings and drunken gibbers to figure out what breed of beer to hand over to the punters. To Buckwheat for the amazing Ribs and Beans.To Dave of the Duke's for the pizzas and to Woody for the burgers, thanks very much guys.

The CM crew have officially taken the crown as party central and I can't see anyway those party pansies in Pattaya and Phuket will even get close to matching it.

To everyone who fronted up for the party - great to meet you. For those people who didn't register/didn't come you missed a great party.

I had a great time and only have one question "what are we doing next week?"

CB

Edited by Crow Boy

Well its bloody wonderful to read about you all having a great time. I like ice cold beer, i like ribs with a great sauce, I like good company, I like stimulating women......BUT I live in bloody Chiang Rai, a mere 180 Kms away.

A piss-up around here could attract >50 TV'ers :o