Where Is The Sabrosa Mexican Grill Thread?

Muppetbkk

It appears the thread was deleted due to a brewing spat (and even implied lawsuit threat) on the same thread between the opening poster (Clipped) and the owner of Sunrise Tacos (Sunbelt).

It's deletion by one of the Mods seems to be for a good reason, I believe.

Edited by junkofdavid2

It appears the thread was deleted due to a brewing spat (and even implied lawsuit threat) on the same thread between the opening poster (Clipped) and the owner of Sunrise Tacos (Sunbelt).

one way to sort the competition out i guess!!

Nice to have some pull with, well, someone

Not exactly...

The "argument" started to "get out of hand", and then one poster started to make very cutting verbal attacks even at Sunrise's "other business" (Sunbelt) and thus, the content was no longer connected to Mexican food.

Edited by junkofdavid2

In that thread, I reposted a detailed e-mail that was sent to my mailbox on July 6th in reference to the size of the tacos in Bangkok. I asked for other views. The next post by the OP was screaming in caps and was simply defamation of character. That post is now invisible.

I have been the biggest fan and supporter of Thaivisa.com since 2002. I believe in different views and changing of ideas.

On a side note, I don't have no problem with any competition and in fact have always felt more choices are better for business so people can compare you against others. The last thing I would ever do, is want a discussion deleted as for options available to people.

I do however have a problem when someone hides behind a computer and makes false accusations. I ask George to please not to delete the post but rather make it invisible until I meet to discuss these false allegations. The ISP and false accusations had to be saved before the moderator deleted the post. George rather than delete the OP post decided to make the whole thread invisible.

As for Sabrosa Mexican Grill... They are also at the Tops in Tonglor and also the Tops at Skytrain stop Ari right?

www.sunrisetacos.com

Hi,

In the shadow of the You say Potato, I say Kartoffel... I am intrigued with explosion of the "Mexican fast food concept" in Bangkok. Will they all survive? And are the Thais up for this after the novelty runs out? Will this expansion trigger Yum! to open up Taco bells?

I love this kind of food and will taste and survey all the brands when coming back home to Bangkok.

Also, anyone wants to bet on the next big thing on the Thai fast food scene. If I had the money I would go for something similar to Schlotzkys or Prêt a manager.

In that thread, I reposted a detailed e-mail that was sent to my mailbox on July 6th in reference to the size of the tacos in Bangkok. I asked for other views. The next post by the OP was screaming in caps and was simply defamation of character. That post is now invisible.

I have been the biggest fan and supporter of Thaivisa.com since 2002. I believe in different views and changing of ideas.

On a side note, I don't have no problem with any competition and in fact have always felt more choices are better for business so people can compare you against others. The last thing I would ever do, is want a discussion deleted as for options available to people.

I do however have a problem when someone hides behind a computer and makes false accusations. I ask George to please not to delete the post but rather make it invisible until I meet to discuss these false allegations. The ISP and false accusations had to be saved before the moderator deleted the post. George rather than delete the OP post decided to make the whole thread invisible.

As for Sabrosa Mexican Grill... They are also at the Tops in Tonglor and also the Tops at Skytrain stop Ari right?

www.sunrisetacos.com

Greg,

If you really want to blow out the competition, this is the way to go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4O9DnnsksI

Note: Not sure if adding a youtube link is alright. Please remove if not appropriate.

Hi,

In the shadow of the You say Potato, I say Kartoffel... I am intrigued with explosion of the "Mexican fast food concept" in Bangkok. Will they all survive? And are the Thais up for this after the novelty runs out? Will this expansion trigger Yum! to open up Taco bells?

I love this kind of food and will taste and survey all the brands when coming back home to Bangkok.

Also, anyone wants to bet on the next big thing on the Thai fast food scene. If I had the money I would go for something similar to Schlotzkys or Prêt a manager.

www.sunrisetacos.com

• 1 month later...

If anyone is still interested, I have eaten at both Sunrise and Sabrosa a number of times now and I can safely say Sunrise has bigger and much more tastey tacos. The hard taco shells at sunrise are especially great compared to the pack ones at Sabrosa. Also the Sunrise ones are cheaper before you take into account the size difference. The only reason i eat at sabrosa now is because they have a branch at Ari and I dont feel like going to Asoke or Phrom Phong most of the time.

Next on the menu is the nacho supreme at Sunrise, the sabrosa one is pretty good.

Hi,

www.sunrisetacos.com

Come on Taco Bell!!.......

If anyone is still interested, I have eaten at both Sunrise and Sabrosa a number of times now and I can safely say Sunrise has bigger and much more tastey tacos. The hard taco shells at sunrise are especially great compared to the pack ones at Sabrosa. Also the Sunrise ones are cheaper before you take into account the size difference. The only reason i eat at sabrosa now is because they have a branch at Ari and I dont feel like going to Asoke or Phrom Phong most of the time.

Next on the menu is the nacho supreme at Sunrise, the sabrosa one is pretty good.

Agree. Sunrise has better and bigger tacos and burritos than Sabroso. They put more meat in the taco.

I just ate there again but at a different location.

This one was in

La Villa Phaholyothin

1st Fl., La Villa Phaholyothin, 358 Phaholyothin Road, Samsen Nai, Phayathai, Bangkok

By the Aree BTS station.

Cheers

Really? Where, exactly, inside the Villa supermarket itself, or outside the main shop but in the surrounding complex? This sounds like good news indeed, but I haven't noticed this placed yet. A branch of Sunrise Tacos there would be much better though, but good to hear there is at least some Mexican food in the Ari area!

I just ate there again but at a different location.

This one was in

La Villa Phaholyothin

1st Fl., La Villa Phaholyothin, 358 Phaholyothin Road, Samsen Nai, Phayathai, Bangkok

By the Aree BTS station.

Cheers

Really? Where, exactly, inside the Villa supermarket itself, or outside the main shop but in the surrounding complex? This sounds like good news indeed, but I haven't noticed this placed yet. A branch of Sunrise Tacos there would be much better though, but good to hear there is at least some Mexican food in the Ari area!

Inside the Villa Supermarket itself.