Uk Settlement Visa

Post from Simon

i have known my wife for over a year and half, we began our relationship in March 06 within the uk. at the time we began our relationaship we stayed together for a month and a half at my parents home as i live with my parents. this was the time we decided to get married. I went to visit her family in Thailand in June 2006 for 3 weeks. She came to visit me in November 2006 for 2 weeks also she came to visit me again in March 2007. In April 2007 i lived in Thailand for 4 months we got married in May.

This is our history, now for the financial side.

I returned to the UK in Aug and went back to my old job as i could not get any job in Thailand.

my current wages are 9000 per annum ( sadly so low) after i have paid out everything i am left with between 400 - 500

pounds per month i have saved 3700 to date which was left from the wedding.

The only thing i have to pay out is for CSA for my son

My wife is currently working as Cabin Crew earning 750 - 950 after tax per month she has savings of 1900 pounds.

She has a job offer within the company i work for and she will be working almost as soon as she arrrives.

As my wages are very minimum would there be any problem?

We will be living at my parents home and my dad will be writing a letter about the accomadation

what is the chance? we are afraid this will fail, she has had 3 visiting visas for the UK before....will this help?????

Previous post

Refering to this previous post, I would like to ask a few questions. Anyway, I'm his wife and I would like to thank Scouse for your helpful answers. I'm really nervous and scared applying for this Settlement visa even I had succeeded the last 3 visit visas without interview. Do you think there will be any reason for the Embassy to refuse my application this time?(as the financial status is quite low) Do you think they will call me for the interview?(I don't mind interview anyway) If there is an interview appointment for the next few weeks, will I be able to have my passport back before and hand in the interview day? Because of my career I will need my passport or else I won't be able to fly and I don't wanna to resign before I have a visa on my passport. How long does the TB test valid for?

Thank you in advance,

Srisuda & Simon

Post from Simon

i have known my wife for over a year and half, we began our relationship in March 06 within the uk. at the time we began our relationaship we stayed together for a month and a half at my parents home as i live with my parents. this was the time we decided to get married. I went to visit her family in Thailand in June 2006 for 3 weeks. She came to visit me in November 2006 for 2 weeks also she came to visit me again in March 2007. In April 2007 i lived in Thailand for 4 months we got married in May.

This is our history, now for the financial side.

I returned to the UK in Aug and went back to my old job as i could not get any job in Thailand.

my current wages are 9000 per annum ( sadly so low) after i have paid out everything i am left with between 400 - 500

pounds per month i have saved 3700 to date which was left from the wedding.

The only thing i have to pay out is for CSA for my son

My wife is currently working as Cabin Crew earning 750 - 950 after tax per month she has savings of 1900 pounds.

She has a job offer within the company i work for and she will be working almost as soon as she arrrives.

As my wages are very minimum would there be any problem?

We will be living at my parents home and my dad will be writing a letter about the accomadation

what is the chance? we are afraid this will fail, she has had 3 visiting visas for the UK before....will this help?????

Previous post

Refering to this previous post, I would like to ask a few questions. Anyway, I'm his wife and I would like to thank Scouse for your helpful answers. I'm really nervous and scared applying for this Settlement visa even I had succeeded the last 3 visit visas without interview. Do you think there will be any reason for the Embassy to refuse my application this time?(as the financial status is quite low) Do you think they will call me for the interview?(I don't mind interview anyway) If there is an interview appointment for the next few weeks, will I be able to have my passport back before and hand in the interview day? Because of my career I will need my passport or else I won't be able to fly and I don't wanna to resign before I have a visa on my passport. How long does the TB test valid for?

Thank you in advance,

Srisuda & Simon

Sorry, can only answer the easy one :o

"How long does the TB test valid for?" - 6 months

On the passport front, why not give them a call? - I can't see why they need to retain it after they have given it the once over - although certainly they would of course need it back for the visa itself........of course you could get the SV without a need for any interview, which appears to mean you could get the passport with a SV back within 7/10 days............maybe you could make this fit your work schedule?

Although my gut feeling (not of course to be relied upon!) is that you have a good chance for a SV I certainly would also not give up a good job and then rely on the good graces of the British Embassy.

Anyway, no doubt wiser heads will add a bit more info in due course. Good luck to you both!

Srisuda,

The 'money' so to speak is only one part of the application, so dont panic about it too much!

I was worried about it when my wife and I applied last month, and it turned out that everything was ok.

The fact that you both dont earn a huge amount of money is not really an issue, as long as you can show the embassy that simon is earning and paying his bills then I think you will be ok.

As long as you have enough money to take care of yourselves, food etc then that is enough

Goodluck

Mark

Srisuda,

The visa officer also has to take in to account your potential earnings too, so it is worth mentioning in your covering letter that you intend looking for work as cabin crew once in the UK. Even better would be to have an actual job offer.

Scouse.