Odds Are High....a Scam In Bangkok

Sunbelt Asia

Beware, the odds are very high a scam is going on with a Joseph and Kookai. Two versions of the story when he is asking for help.

One story is he was abused and needs to fly back to London to get the settlement. Kookai insists on flying back with him and they are having a wedding August 28th.

As of yesterday, this was the case. He needs money to fly to collect the lawsuit. The funds were from 4,500 euros to 800 euros needed for the stay. Recently 4,500 because Kookai insists on going to meet his parents as well. I only knew Joseph several months ago as a potential client.

The second story is Kookai has left him, took the house and business and he is penniless. She is now in Korat. My friend has been getting this story for the past two weeks. (My friend is a Real Estate Agent and owns his own firm.) He also met Joseph as a potential client.

Simply by accident we stumbled upon both knowing Joseph and Kookai! I’m sure other people are getting contacted…

Today I get this letter...

Dear Greg,

My name is L-------- L---------, I am a friend of Josephs' whom you will be meeting with today.

I have known Joseph for about 2 years and have spent time with him everytime that I have come to Bangkok [which is every 3 months].

I truly believe that he is a genuinely honest and sincere person. I have found that he can be trusted to keep his word. He has a kind heart and a positive outlook.

I wish that I was able to help him at this time, but, circumstances have prevented me from doing so.

L------- J. L------------

A letter from Joseph just yesterday...

A Very Good Morning to you Greg.

Well I am as I said slowly getting there,a dear friend of mine has come up with 700/1.310usd ,

As I am as honest as I can be I promised kookai that I would take her so my promise has to stand I am a fighter of what I believe,so I need a further 4,500USD by Friday.

If you can help in any way I have already said what will happen so I wont repeat myself as this is something I don't like to do.

This is a course I belive is worth my every fight and fibre of my being.

If I get knocked down 7 times I will always get up on the 8th time.

I don't care if you have to pray for me to get this amount of money but if you do for goodness sake believe you will get the answer as a big YES.

Once again I thank you for your support in this matter and I also know you are a busy man with many responsibilities so a big THANK YOU to you.

Regards

Joseph.

Thanks for the warning.

I have little sympathy with those who get caught be get quick rich scams, the inevitably get caught out because of their own greed and too often their willingness to turn a blind eye to some illegality or other on the promise of a fast buck.

But scams like the one above seem to be worse, they play on the empathy any of us might have for people in a jam, the worst preying upon the best.