Are Farangs Who Marriages Failed Lucky?

bangkoksingapore

Are you an enlightened farang?   

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:o Hit a nerve there did I.

Anyway, back OT, I am eternally thankful for my second life out here.

A few PC fascists can't take that away. The most they can do is stand on the sidelines and hope for us to fail!

Wouldn't it be better to find a life of your own rather than trying to sort out everyone else,s.

I'm lucky, happy and shudder at the thought of still being in my first marriage!

So come on, you white men haters. What do you have in your life that is so much better than a relationship? What are you doing that we should be doing (detail please)?

Lets hear it, how can we follow your advice and improve the quality of our lives?

Please set out what, in your life is better and more rewarding TO YOU than my wife, family, business, house, friends, in-laws are to me! What have you done with your life that has given you as much pleasure as my 15 years here have?

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few PC fascists can't take that away. The most they can do is stand on the sidelines and hope for us to fail!

Wouldn't it be better to find a life of your own rather than trying to sort out everyone else,s.

I'm lucky, happy and shudder at the thought of still being in my first marriage!

So come on, you white men haters. What do you have in your life that is so much better than a relationship? What are you doing that we should be doing (detail please)?

Lets hear it, how can we follow your advice and improve the quality of our lives?

Please set out what, in your life is better and more rewarding TO YOU than my wife, family, business, house, friends, in-laws are to me! What have you done with your life that has given you as much pleasure as my 15 years here have?

Who said anything about white men? Please dont introduce a racist element into the discussion wher none existed. Once again why should I hate anyone because I dont like the anti western women bias so many posters have. This board, as guests in an Asian country is no place for racists

Well, don't worry about the singling out CG; in my case they sincerely do want me to go away :o That's why they close entire threads here based on the egos of these guys, but have no problem with threads that bash Western women and marriages.

I have to admit that when you first told me about TV, I couldn't imagine that it could really be that bad. I've met a million sexpats, and few of them ever spouted this kind of bulls* to my face; most were rather friendly.

I couldn't imagine that someone would try to hold up marital prostitution as a higher order of love, or try to deny that economics could maybe, sometimes, be a factor in relationships between old men from rich countries and young women from poor countries.

Yep, I see what you mean now. :D

Oh well, I'm bored with this thread now. I'm done.

Eating chocolate!!

Yikes! This thread has gone from bad to worse, eh? Venom rules!
What bugs me is being unfavorably compared to a hooker. It's like being accused of being less understanding than a therapist -- it's not my job to be that nice. I'd be really nice to you too, if you stood between me and a life of hard labor in the rice fields of Issan.

Well, at least you don't gender discriminate when you slam others. I find it interesting that you claim to be standing up for women and complain about how men do not respect them, but then you have written more degrading comments about Thai women than anyone else in this entire thread.

Do you really think that these young Thai women you refer to are not intelligent enough to make their own choices - that they merely run along mindlessly chasing a carrot on a stick?

While you admit to being willing to do that, if you made some of these insinuations to my Isaan wife, it would be advisable for you to take a step or two back. Not only is she seemingly (judging from your writings) a bit more intelligent than you, she would be very upset indeed if you challenged her decision to be with a man 30-years her senior.

Anyway, when you do finally make it over to Thailand, it may be worth your while to take advantage of the relatively inexpensive dental services here and have those fangs removed before you poison someone, eh? :o

hmmm, where exactly are the degrading comments about women on this thread, apart from what has been directed at Western women? Just because you scream fire or victimization doesn't make it so, even though on this forum, considering where it's coming from, is rather special.

Is it the comment about Thai hookers that has you so bent out of shape? Would you be happier if we referred to first-world hookers, or fat, bitter, old, alimony grubbing white women? Based on your postings here and what you choose to target as offensive, I suspect you would. Do you really find the reference to prostitution and the high number of mercenary relationships between foreigners and Thais offensive? If so, then I suspect your problem is not with Canadian Girl or any so-called "racism" or "degrading" comments on her part, but with reality itself. Speaking of which - exactly who's reality should we trust here, in terms of say, Canadian Girl's intelligence and your questioning of it? CG is near the end of completing a pure maths degree at a prestigious Canadian university, so, let me consider this carefully ... which is a more reliable indicator, your assessment of her intelligence, or the objective reality of her studies ... hmmm, let me think.

You know what - I think objective reality may hold up a more complex assessment of intelligence other than someone who is willing to sleep or marry you.

Perhaps what we have here is a failure of communication.

Since many of the Falang men in Thailand are by common consent fat, ugly, low life neanderthals with the IQ and beer gut of a blue whale who only found their way to the land of Smiles in search of whores and cheap beer and an audience for their never ending whinge about how they turned their backs on the women of the west after the women got bloated and huge and ungrateful. We must thank our lucky stars that none of the posters who objectify women, rant about western women in a totally offensive way and sing the praises of their love struck Thai angel can in any sense be confused with the aforementioned group.

Indeed we have their word for it and for certain if any woman or alternative poster disagrees with that the thread can always be pulled.

Whilst there are so many enlightened mentors amongst us dispensing the benefits of their accumulated wisdom there is a chance that such misguided souls as Kat and Canadiangirl may come to know the special benefits of surrendering all taste and sense of smell for a liason with the aforementioned studs. What Thai girl could ever turn their back on such a chance, at least until they have the passport.

It would be funny if it wasnt so offensive. Smug, sexist, sad losers of the world unite you have nothing to lose...............because you lost it a long time ago.

Ratchabuild, you and Colypat are real examples of incredibly intelligent men - you are able to reason and argue beyond your navel and immediate self-interests. I have noticed this long before this thread. I really respect and admire you both.

Kat, I find your posts very thoughtful and articulate. You are obviously an educated and cultured person. Canadian Girl too has a number of good posts but her age handicaps her; and she is sounding a bit martyred lately. I salute you both for standing up for your views on this male-dominated forum. :o

Good approach chinthee. Do you find this mealy-mouthed, 'please like me ladies', pseudo-sensitive new age guy approach works for you these days?

Just some random ideas ....

We are all gonna die someday.

Is there really right or wrong?

Why is it that its okay for someone who is about to die to live it up?

Why do we accept the Miss Universe contests etc?

Why is it that we think its okay for crippled men(such as war vets) to take a wife abroad?

Isn't marriage really a creation of society? If you accept marriage shouldn't you also follow society?

How do you feel about men who come here married and dump their wife back home?

Women marry mostly for opportunity be it a better life, a better man, or money.

Society has an attraction to youth. Paedophiles take this to the extreme.

Maybe it has something to do with wanting 'new.' Is it instinctive?

We all want to repaint our houses somedays. We judge all things by newness.

How many men cheat on their wives? 25% of the men out at night with the girls in BKK are married.

The media seems to touching on the subject of age in realtionships more and more lately through movies.

Bill Clinton revered by the Thais had a special relationship with a young girl named Monica Lewinski.

Republicans should follow conservative values more and not chase young girls but they do too.

If you are married to a young girl do you also have young men over when you have parties etc?

Do you take your girl to the discotheque where the kids her age are?

If you marriage is normal do are you able to interact with other typical couples in your society?

Society pushes beauty 24/7.

It's easier for a man to break society's rules than for a woman to break them.

Some older women would like younger men for sex but society looks even more negatively at them when they look for it. Someday this may change.

Today 100,000 people will say their wife or husband loves them. Tomorrow 500 will be surprised with divorce papers. And 10,000 will have new problems in their relationships. The next day will be similar on into the future.

Thai women turn to western men because in their society men have much more freedom than western men. Western men have to come to Thailand or some place like Thailand to live free from their culture.

Why is it that we think its okay for crippled men(such as war vets) to take a wife abroad?

Isn't marriage really a creation of society? If you accept marriage shouldn't you also follow society?

How many men cheat on their wives? 25% of the men out at night with the girls in BKK are married.

The media seems to touching on the subject of age in realtionships more and more lately through movies.

Bill Clinton revered by the Thais had a special relationship with a young girl named Monica Lewinski.

Republicans should follow conservative values more and not chase young girls but they do too.

If you are married to a young girl do you also have young men over when you have parties etc?

If you marriage is normal do are you able to interact with other typical couples in your society?

Some older women would like younger men for sex but society looks even more negatively at them when they look for it. Someday this may change.

Today 100,000 people will say their wife or husband loves them. Tomorrow 500 will be surprised with divorce papers. And 10,000 will have new problems in their relationships. The next day will be similar on into the future.

Thai women turn to western men because in their society men have much more freedom than western men. Western men have to come to Thailand or some place like Thailand to live free from their culture.

Jeezus H Christ. Can I change sides in this debate? There are so many gross generalisations, pyscho-babble platitudes, bogus statistics presented as fact, and sheer awful nonsense in this that I don't want to be on the side of any debate where this nonsense is used as evidence.

Kat, canadagirl, Colpyat . . . . .I'm with you guys now.

Kat, I find your posts very thoughtful and articulate. You are obviously an educated and cultured person. Canadian Girl too has a number of good posts but her age handicaps her; and she is sounding a bit martyred lately. I salute you both for standing up for your views on this male-dominated forum. :o

Do you find this mealy-mouthed, 'please like me ladies', pseudo-sensitive new age guy approach works for you these days?

Bendix,

I'll give you my 15 month old daughter for an afternoon to carry around the shopping centre. Her blue eyes work a treat in getting favourable attention from the fairer sex.

Bendix which side did you think I was supporting? I wasn't supporting any. I'm just throwing up ideas. What is the argument anyways?

The argument: Old guys shouldn't have relationships with young girls?

Against: The old guys are breaking social tradition and are just 'buying' flesh.

For: There's real love in these relationships and that's all that counts. Society should see this.

It's capitalism: The buyer can get more in Thailand for their money and looks. The Thai girl can get more out of an old foreigner than she can get out of a Thai guy that might like a relationship with her.

Kat, I find your posts very thoughtful and articulate. You are obviously an educated and cultured person. Canadian Girl too has a number of good posts but her age handicaps her; and she is sounding a bit martyred lately. I salute you both for standing up for your views on this male-dominated forum. :D

Do you find this mealy-mouthed, 'please like me ladies', pseudo-sensitive new age guy approach works for you these days?

Bendix,

I'll give you my 15 month old daughter for an afternoon to carry around the shopping centre. Her blue eyes work a treat in getting favourable attention from the fairer sex.

Bendix hasn't learned you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Wait, don't anyone flame me, I'm not calling Thai girls flies. :o

Is it the comment about Thai hookers that has you so bent out of shape? Would you be happier if we referred to first-world hookers, or fat, bitter, old, alimony grubbing white women? Based on your postings here and what you choose to target as offensive, I suspect you would.

I am sorry that you did not understand my post - nor obviously read my previous post in this thread or anything else I have ever written on these forums. In fact if you take the time to read my earlier post, you will find that I said just the opposite. While I have had a few realtionships with 'western women' that did not last forever, I hold absolutely no prejudice against them, nor anyone else, and they remain some of my best friends, and friends of my current wife.

Having grown up with my Mum (my father didn't come back home from WWII) who even now at age 87 is one of the brightest (her IQ is still over double her age) and unprejudiced women I have ever known. Hence most of my closest friends are and have been women and I remain an advocate for their full equality (if not slight superiority).

For me, intelligence has less to do with education than how well we adapt ourselves to the realities of life. "Stupid is as stupid does" is a bit of a cliche but my view is that people who single out groups of people to diss, or spend their lives steeped in anger are demonstrating either a lack, or sad waste of, intelligence.

As I indicated in my post, if you are willing to read it again, degrading remarks also include ignoring the second half of these partnerships that you seem to judge. Vitriolic comments about 'sexpats' (who I do not support) go on and on about how disgusting/stupid/embarrassing they are while their Thai women are largely ignored - and being ignored or simply discounted can be the worst degradation of all. Thai women connect with men of their choice for as many reasons as there are people and they have that right, whether you agree with their decisions or not.

As for my misjudgment of intelligence, many on here are calling those they choose to judge stupid or disgusting but I have to suspect that many of the sexpats or whatever you call them as a group, are highly educated, perhaps even more so than their accusers.

You know what - I think objective reality may hold up a more complex assessment of intelligence other than someone who is willing to sleep or marry you.

Yeah, I get that - and it is simplistic rubbish. If "objective reality" to you gives you the right to trash people you don't even know, I would have to have some serious reservations about your intelligence as well. If there are groups of people you place into classes that you are not comfortable with, don't hang around with them or look the other way when you see them. I sure they would appreciate that far more than your judgmental comments and grimaces.

In over six years with this person who is 'willing to sleep and marry' me, I have never once heard her label any group nor say anything negative about the way individual people choose to live their lives as long as they are no threat to our own lives and how we choose to live.

As they say in Hawaii, "Get one life" - and keep your nose out of other's...

[

Bendix hasn't learned you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Wait, don't anyone flame me, I'm not calling Thai girls flies. :o

The trouble is, too much honey gets sickly sweet and rather cloying, and don't you found sour tastes so much more satisfying and interesting?

In over six years with this person who is 'willing to sleep and marry' me, I have never once heard her label any group nor say anything negative about the way individual people choose to live their lives as long as they are no threat to our own lives and how we choose to live.

As they say in Hawaii, "Get one life" - and keep your nose out of other's...

Sounds exactly like my uneducated country-girl wife! And that is exactly why I am attracted to her so much more than my so-called educated chinese ex-gf who's a nurse whom we spent together 3 years and marriage never comes to mind.

Kat, I find your posts very thoughtful and articulate. You are obviously an educated and cultured person. Canadian Girl too has a number of good posts but her age handicaps her; and she is sounding a bit martyred lately. I salute you both for standing up for your views on this male-dominated forum. :D

Bendix,

Actually I think you find flies are more attracted to "sh1t" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guffffffffaww eeeeeeek all farang hel_l will now break loose!!

Jeezus H Christ. Can I change sides in this debate? There are so many gross generalisations, pyscho-babble platitudes, bogus statistics presented as fact, and sheer awful nonsense in this that I don't want to be on the side of any debate where this nonsense is used as evidence.

:o

You're welcome. :D

Sometimes I think the reason farangs find Thai women so mystifying is that they can't conceive of them as human beings, with the same motivations and desires as themselves.

No, CG, it's because they don't conceive of women as human beings, period. We are all just objects to possess, and exist solely for their benefit.

...and pleasure :o

My second wife (deceased) was a Cambodian refugee.

Since I didn't understand a word of Thai or Cambo, I could easily have judged her as an ignorant peasant girl.

Surprise, surprise - she spoke fluent French and had a good convent education.

So we had excellent communication and she learned English quickly too.

Was I proud of her? Dunno, but I loved her dearly and miss her still.

I knew you were an intelligent man. Just don't start getting too sweet or I'll start to worry about you.

My second wife (deceased) was a Cambodian refugee.

Since I didn't understand a word of Thai or Cambo, I could easily have judged her as an ignorant peasant girl.

Surprise, surprise - she spoke fluent French and had a good convent education.

So we had excellent communication and she learned English quickly too.

Was I proud of her? Dunno, but I loved her dearly and miss her still.

Thanks for the breath of fresh air in this room full of foul fog, gwertz.

Mine left her family's home outside of Chiayaphum in Issan at age sixteen partly because they could not provide her with the education she wanted. During eight years of working at Central Dept Store then waitressing/cooking at a very nice restaurant on Phuket, she not only put herself through school but spent some fifteen years teaching herself English.

My initial impression was that she didn't have much education or knowledge of English because her pronunciation was not that great but it turned out that she just never had many people to practice on/with; but she reads and writes it nearly at my level and has a vocabulary that is nothing less than astounding. She even catches me making mistakes and asks (the <deleted>), "Isn't English your first language?" I reply, "No, I'm an American - I don't have a first language."

I also later discovered that two of her older sisters also put themselves through school, are both registered nurses and between the three of them (and with just a little help from me) have brought the rest of their family up out of the rice fields into what most would call a comfortable middle class existence.

Am I lucky? Proud? Odd terms that I cannot quite relate to but we are both thankful that we found one another and it really pisses me off when I hear bigots writing Thai women off as anything less than people who deserve as much respect as anyone else on this planet.

Prejudice of any kind is an ugly thing... :o

my friend is turning 58 tomorrow and he sent me an email

"we have decided to tie the knot. the date is set for Pim's 18th birthday next month. I never thought I could be this happy in life. People are good and wonderful and the sun shines so beautifully. Roses smell good and I love som tom. Thank god her father introduced us. We are two peas in a pod"