Where Would You Rather Be?

nedwalk

just got home from a rather hard 11 hour shift,,so i got to thinking if you were,nt where you are where would you rather be?.. for me ..i would love to be sitting in chaing mai having a cold tiger with me mate jack propping up the bar at chaingers a nd bangers..all i gotta do now is count down the days/months!!! :o

I am sitting in my office in Uk my partner is off till 10 sept so i have to be here taking care of the office , i would love to be at the beach in Hua Hin or getting ready for a night out in Bkk or in the country in Buriram .

Any of the above but not here .

JB

it was nang nooch gardens the day before yesterday,the khao kheow open zoo yesterday,and snorkeling and jet skiing on koh larn island today.am now planning a road trip to phuket.life in thaland is hard and having to find new attractions and restaurants to visit and occasionaly check in on my investments on my laptop isn't easy.

Sat here in BKK , but I'd love to be back in my home home county of Cornwall, UK having a beer and a pasty in my local this evening. :o

Just goes to show, the grass is always greener on the other side. I miss Thailand when traveling overseas and miss the UK when in Bangkok. Nowhere is perfect.

Sat here in BKK , but I'd love to be back in my home home county of Cornwall, UK having a beer and a pasty in my local this evening. :o

Just goes to show, the grass is always greener on the other side. I miss Thailand when traveling overseas and miss the UK when in Bangkok. Nowhere is perfect.

Never a truer word spoken. Although, I wouldn't want to live there again.

Edited by mrtoad

Counting the days till 6th Sept, Bkk for business, then by some strange trick of fate Patong for a few days, then back to BKK for some more err business, all work meetings honest. Then UK again. unsure where I would want to stay fulltime.

I'm in Saudi Arabia right now (and as I said in another thread, I chose this over a posting in Thailand) - It's early days yet, but I'm enjoying the new experience - Which I might add is totally unlike what I expected or lead to believe.

Make the best of where you are and don't miss today dreaming about tomorrow.

I would love to have a Pasty with you, Devon and Cornwell are great, I spent my last year at school in Brixham Devon.

I was in the British Seamans Boys Home in Brixham. BSBH Brixham.

Edited by Creeper

I'm in Saudi Arabia right now (and as I said in another thread, I chose this over a posting in Thailand) - It's early days yet, but I'm enjoying the new experience - Which I might add is totally unlike what I expected or lead to believe.

Well said! At times, I focus on the destination and not the journey. I'm guilty of spending too much time dreaming of Thailand and have sacrificed much the last few years to make this a reality in the near future.

Lately though I've been trying to live more in the moment. I'm enjoying myself more now compared to the past few years. Most of my thoughts today don't revolved around what my life would be like if I was in LOS.

I'm in Saudi at the moment......
I'm in Saudi Arabia right now.....

I'm in Afghanistan (again) :o

Killed my first snake the other day (saw-scaled viper), but other than that it's been fairly quiet (on the camp itself).

Would love to be almost anywhere but here, but here is where I'm getting paid, so I have to put up with it for awhile longer.

open a thread,and tell us about your new experience outside of Thailand.would be of interest to many,I would think.

Either way good luck to you and your family over there.

I like to sit down and have a coffee on Dong Koi street in Saigon. :o

TigerLily

i spent quite a few weekends on dong koi street recently doing just that. free wifi at gloria jeans!

apart from a really vibrant business environment the problem is there's not much else to do in HCMC.

i remember telling myself how i'd love to be back in bkk.

open a thread,and tell us about your new experience outside of Thailand.would be of interest to many,I would think.

Either way good luck to you and your family over there.

Thanks for the best wishes.

While I agree a thread on life beyond Thailand might be of interest it would also be like a red flag to a bull for those who delight in attacking anything anyone else does that they themselves are unwilling or unable to do.

Where I and indeed where my family would rather be (if indeed we actually wanted to be somewhere else) is one thing - bringing your family to TV is, by abundant evidence from other people's posts, beyond foolhardy.

I know you as PNG on the TT .I am IR on there .Cant believe you chose Saudi over Thailand ,especially when your wife is Thai .Anyway you are lucky to be able to move around and experience different cultures .

TigerLily

i spent quite a few weekends on dong koi street recently doing just that. free wifi at gloria jeans!

apart from a really vibrant business environment the problem is there's not much else to do in HCMC.

Next time try it at MOJO :D

TigerLily

Next time try it at MOJO :D

Does Rex Hotel still have that great rooftop garden where all the spies hang out? Actually, is Rex still there?