Am I Dreaming... Baht At 34.632!

Your link to the baht exchange rate show the baht at 34.632 right now? - That seems optimistically high :D :D :D

http://baht.thaivisa.com

United States Dollar USD United States Dollar 34.632 THB

Pound Sterling GBP Pound Sterling 69.3433 THB

Euro EUR Euro 46.6701 THB

Yes you are dreaming. Please do not wake up until we see USD = 40 THB.

50 would be much better.... :o

Your link to the baht exchange rate show the baht at 34.632 right now? - That seems optimistically high :D :D :D

Only in my dreams.

Whoa there cowboy! :D I think that you have a good chance of seeing 36-37 by years end, and perhaps 40 at some point next year, but anything beyond that would require a U.S. dollar that enters a severe strengthening mode.

Yes $ is primed for a rise. :o

I would not be so sure .

I locked in all 2007 dollar earnings sold dollars bought sterling at 1.83 this year , i know the dollar against sterling looks locked in trading range of 1.98 -2.02 at moment but i feel that dollar will make a move to 2.30 at some stage ouch .

If cable pulls back to 1.83 i will lock in 2008 earnings as well .

JB

Yes $ is primed for a rise. :D

All the contrary...

Since everything is back to "normal" (stock markets are up, Yen is falling against USD, carry trade resume, the "fly to security" has been stopped, foreign money is coming back into SET, and all the other bullshits that entertain us), you'll notice that THB is going up again.

:o

And for sure the FED cut in september won't help.

Of course... this is accurate... until the next hurricane hits the markets. Again.

What a comedy, really...

post-17438-1187842463_thumb.jpg

Think long term mate - problem with most people they think short term. This is all cyclic. :o

That's exactly my point.

Look at the chart : the sudden fall of THB versus USD since 8 august is totally artificial (or rather mecanical should I say) and only linked... well... to the little "problem" we had on the markets worldwide.

The long term trend is still a crush of USD.

However, as i said many times, because the crisis is worsening in Thailand (politics and economic as well, I believe no one can argue that now), I wouldn't bet on the strenght of THB.

Far, far from it.

This is why the game remains totally open.

Think long term mate - problem with most people they think short term. This is all cyclic. :o

Well, I'll say this for you mate. You're bloody consistent because you've been saying this for the three years I've been visiting thaivisa :D

I would not be so sure .

I locked in all 2007 dollar earnings sold dollars bought sterling at 1.83 this year , i know the dollar against sterling looks locked in trading range of 1.98 -2.02 at moment but i feel that dollar will make a move to 2.30 at some stage ouch .

JB

In just what paralell universe did you buy the pound this year at $1.83 ( the pounds low point this year was in the 1.93-1.94 area), oh yes it must be the same alternative reality where the pound goes to $2.30 :D You must really have a deep hatered of the Btittish people to even wish that the pound goes to $2.30/Dollar, unemployment would skyrocket in the U.K. :o Let us know when you wake up :D

I would not be so sure .

JB

In just what paralell universe did you buy the pound this year at $1.83 ( the pounds low point this year was in the 1.93-1.94 area), oh yes it must be the same alternative reality where the pound goes to $2.30 :D You must really have a deep hatered of the Btittish people to even wish that the pound goes to $2.30/Dollar, unemployment would skyrocket in the U.K. :o Let us know when you wake up :D

Vic i have met some idiots in my time but you take the biscuit :D you are a failed trader i know who hates hedge funds what did they do catch you short with your pants down .You are nearly right the low on cable was 1.91 beginning of march we were selling dollars throughout last year into this year and i know fact that our 6 million dollar profit for 2006 and the 3.8 million profit so far for 2007 is average conversion 1.83 .

We are just two guys sitting in an office not bad huh for someone that does not know what they are talking about .

I have forgot more about trading then you will probably ever learn :bah: .

Currencys are not my game and cable at 2.30 for my dollar earnings is like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick buy hey i beleive it will trade 2.30 and thats what makes a market ....unless your dead from the neck upwards and dont have a view .

JB

I would not be so sure .

JB

Vic i have met some idiots in my time but you take the biscuit :D you are a failed trader i know who hates hedge funds what did they do catch you short with your pants down .You are nearly right the low on cable was 1.91 beginning of march we were selling dollars throughout last year into this year and i know fact that our 6 million dollar profit for 2006 and the 3.8 million profit so far for 2007 is average conversion 1.83 .

We are just two guys sitting in an office not bad huh for someone that does not know what they are talking about .

Currencys are not my game and cable at 2.30 for my dollar earnings is like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick buy hey i beleive it will trade 2.30 and thats what makes a market ....unless your dead from the neck upwards and dont have a view .

JB

Good one JB, hehehe.

Currency Exchange Rate Date : 23 August 2007

Update : 2 Effective From : 13:30 [unit : Baht per 1 unit of foreign currency]

Currency Description

Bank Note Buying Rates Selling Rates Bill-DD-TT

Buying Rates -Selling Rates -Sight Bill TT

USD1 USD : 1 ...................................33.26 -34.59

USD5 USD : 5-20.............................. 33.60 -34.59

USD50 USD : 50-100............................ 34.02- 34.65 34.19 34.29 34.49

GBP United Kingdom .............................67.47 -69.22 -68.19500 -68.37250 -69.01500

EUR Euro Zone..................................... 46.05 -47.08 -46.26000 -46.37000 -46.87250

JPY Japan (:100).................................. 29.02 -29.90 -29.36375 -29.43250- 29.86250

from Bangkok bank.. :o

I would not be so sure .

JB

JB

I could write you off as just another brit lunatic on TV, but joe you most definately a special breed. Lets see now you clearly stated that you bought the pound at 1.83/dollar this year and when I caught you in this lie you come back with some average conversion nonsense and then you say that the pound was at 1.91 in early March. Sorry my troubled friend, but once again you are mistaken, the only week that the pound traded below 1.94 this year was indeed early March and on one day (March 5th) it closed a fraction below 1.93 (not 1.91), so once again my recolection of the low for the year in the 1.93-1.94 range was spot on. You then started going on about how you and your friend were making millions of dollars out there in Burriram trading the Forex, but admitting that currencies were not your game, so I guess that you and your fellow bloke are doing this in your spare time (sounds like a good television infomercial!). After reading this nonsense I now remember you as being a gold bug from another forum, so you are buying gold now at $670/ounce, betting the pound is going to 2.30/Dollar and supposedly funding these losing bets with the millions you are making as a part time Forex trader out there in rural Burriram. Joe I know that life in the Moo Baan in Isaan can be a bit boring, but the next time you and your buddy crack open a case of Chang keep your drunken fantasies to yourself, there is no need for you to further embarass youself here on TV. :bah:

Vegas, still here watching you waste all the idiots, my fellow Capitalist.

With clowns like this guy (joeuk) its like shooting fish in a barrel my friend. Come to think of it if I were making millions of dollars every year in my spare time trading the Forex like joe does, I would proably be living in Burriram too :o

I would not be so sure .

JB

In just what paralell universe did you buy the pound this year at $1.83 ( the pounds low point this year was in the 1.93-1.94 area), oh yes it must be the same alternative reality where the pound goes to $2.30 :D You must really have a deep hatered of the Btittish people to even wish that the pound goes to $2.30/Dollar, unemployment would skyrocket in the U.K. :o Let us know when you wake up :bah:

JB

I could write you off as just another brit lunatic on TV, but joe you most definately a special breed. Lets see now you clearly stated that you bought the pound at 1.83/dollar this year and when I caught you in this lie you come back with some average conversion nonsense and then you say that the pound was at 1.91 in early March. Sorry my troubled friend, but once again you are mistaken, the only week that the pound traded below 1.94 this year was indeed early March and on one day (March 5th) it closed a fraction below 1.93 (not 1.91), so once again my recolection of the low for the year in the 1.93-1.94 range was spot on. You then started going on about how you and your friend were making millions of dollars out there in Burriram trading the Forex, but admitting that currencies were not your game, so I guess that you and your fellow bloke are doing this in your spare time (sounds like a good television infomercial!). After reading this nonsense I now remember you as being a gold bug from another forum, so you are buying gold now at $670/ounce, betting the pound is going to 2.30/Dollar and supposedly funding these losing bets with the millions you are making as a part time Forex trader out there in rural Burriram. Joe I know that life in the Moo Baan in Isaan can be a bit boring, but the next time you and your buddy crack open a case of Chang keep your drunken fantasies to yourself, there is no need for you to further embarass youself here on TV. :o

Septic i am not in Buriram i wont live there for at least a year i dont trade gold and i dont punt or trade currencys we just convert dollar profits from what we do trade into sterling . I have worked for US company i worked with Drexel Burnham in the late 80s that place went down in 1990 which you probably know because of the junk bonds so as you can see i have had to deal with septics b4 IF you want to call me a liar i arrive BKK 22 sept will be in Thailand for 10 mths why dont you come call me a liar to my face .

JB

Ps for anyone that does not know why Americans are called septics its a nickname for septic tanks full of shit :D .

Man this Septic is such a fraud i was about to read all his 247 post just to find out who he was i got so bored after a dozen post but it did give me a chuckle when i read our great expert stays at 320 baht guesthouses haha yeah 320 baht guesthouses with a powerfull fan when in Thailand .

By the way Mr Dick oh sorry i meant Vic my Buriram mrs if she goes to Bkk for the weekend books her self into the Marriot or stays at the Westin :o .

Soppy Yank .

JB

I would not be so sure .

JB

In just what paralell universe did you buy the pound this year at $1.83 ( the pounds low point this year was in the 1.93-1.94 area), oh yes it must be the same alternative reality where the pound goes to $2.30 :D You must really have a deep hatered of the Btittish people to even wish that the pound goes to $2.30/Dollar, unemployment would skyrocket in the U.K. :o Let us know when you wake up :bah:

JB

I could write you off as just another brit lunatic on TV, but joe you most definately a special breed. Lets see now you clearly stated that you bought the pound at 1.83/dollar this year and when I caught you in this lie you come back with some average conversion nonsense and then you say that the pound was at 1.91 in early March. Sorry my troubled friend, but once again you are mistaken, the only week that the pound traded below 1.94 this year was indeed early March and on one day (March 5th) it closed a fraction below 1.93 (not 1.91), so once again my recolection of the low for the year in the 1.93-1.94 range was spot on. You then started going on about how you and your friend were making millions of dollars out there in Burriram trading the Forex, but admitting that currencies were not your game, so I guess that you and your fellow bloke are doing this in your spare time (sounds like a good television infomercial!). After reading this nonsense I now remember you as being a gold bug from another forum, so you are buying gold now at $670/ounce, betting the pound is going to 2.30/Dollar and supposedly funding these losing bets with the millions you are making as a part time Forex trader out there in rural Burriram. Joe I know that life in the Moo Baan in Isaan can be a bit boring, but the next time you and your buddy crack open a case of Chang keep your drunken fantasies to yourself, there is no need for you to further embarass youself here on TV. :o

Septic i am not in Buriram i wont live there for at least a year i dont trade gold and i dont punt or trade currencys we just convert dollar profits from what we do trade into sterling . I have worked for US company i worked with Drexel Burnham in the late 80s that place went down in 1990 which you probably know because of the junk bonds so as you can see i have had to deal with septics b4 IF you want to call me a liar i arrive BKK 22 sept will be in Thailand for 10 mths why dont you come call me a liar to my face .

JB

Ps for anyone that does not know why Americans are called septics its a nickname for septic tanks full of shit :D .

You are certainly an odd little bloke! Please don't get your blood pressure going overboard on my account. You clearly lied in your previous post and I caught your lie and apparently you didn't like it very much. I would love to meet you in Thailand in September as you seem to be a very imaginative and entertaining fellow, but I am currently retired in Sedona AZ (thats a place in the states where we pennyless yanks that have been fired by the big bad hedge funds retire to). I hope your retirement to Burriram is good for your health (mental as well as physical). My wife and I were in Thailand last winter for three months and we most certainly did stay in many guesthouses in our travels and enjoyed it immensely. Staying at guesthouses and eating at street vendors and markets and taking the occasional tuk tuk, gives you an insight into Thailand that you can't get when you stay at the Four Seasons or the Westin. The insight into what was going on with the Thai economy was invaluable, and caused me to decide to put off buying a vacation home in Chiang Mai. I think it is quite apparent which one of us is FOS (as you put it), but I won't hold that against you joe! Like I said I hope the fresh air in Burriram brings you back to reality and helps you control your temper a bit better ;)

Yes $ is primed for a rise. :o

I would not be so sure .

JB

You may very well be right joeuk. You have any concerns about these glaring negative divergances on the LT chart? Yes, I know they can go on for awhile:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$XBP...&a=79290890

BTW, I'm on the other side of your trade, but while ahead, I'm not married to it. I respect anyone who puts their money where their convictions and analysis tells them to. Talk is cheap.

Edited by lannarebirth

Whilst you Gents are fighting, the world keeps spinning around:

Dollar May Fall to Record Within Six Months, Goldman Sachs Says

Aug. 24 (Bloomberg) -- The dollar may decline to a record low against the euro in the next six months because U.S. economic growth will slow, forcing the Federal Reserve to cut interest rates, according to Goldman Sachs Group Inc.

From the current level of $1.3568 per euro, the U.S. currency will weaken to $1.43 per euro in the next three to six months, Goldman Sachs said in a research note yesterday. New York-based Goldman, the world's biggest securities firm by market value, lowered its dollar forecast from a prior estimate of $1.35. The dollar set a record low of $1.3852 per euro on July 24.

Concern about losses in investments related to mortgage securities has bolstered expectations the Fed will cut its benchmark interest rate from 5.25 percent at its Sept. 18 policy meeting. Traders are certain the Fed will cut its key rate to at least 5 percent by Sept. 18, futures show.

``Financial conditions are tightening at a time when clearly there's some downside risk to the growth,'' said Jens Nordvig, a senior currency strategist at Goldman Sachs in New York. Fed rate cuts ``will drag the dollar lower.''

The Fed will lower its benchmark interest rate by 0.75 percentage point to 4.5 percent by year-end, according to Goldman Sachs.

The dollar will fall also because foreign investors will reduce purchases of higher-yielding corporate bonds, said Nordvig.

Goldman also said the dollar will decline to 110 yen in the next three to six months, from 116 yen at present, compared with a previous forecast of 118 yen.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=news

LaoPo